Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Kamala Harris' campaign slams online attacks on her race

Message 1 of 53

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Explain this. Either black people are inferior or they suffer systemic racism. Which reason do you choose? 

That is a question that needs to be answered by  Americans in this country. sorry that I cannot answer your question.

Mainly because I don't even understand it.  Not having that problem in most of all the rest of American countries in this  Continent.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 53

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Either black people do less well in life than whites because they are inherently inferior (your claim, i.e. if they had enough ambition they’d do well), or they are inherently equal but something systemic is causing the wealth/education/employment/health gap (i.e. systemic racism).

Those are your words, not mine.  I don't appreciate your attempts to twist my words for whatever reason.  I have worked with people of all ethnic groups, but have never said that anyone was inherently inferior.  I have seen a good many whites that are downright lazy, along with those of other groups.  In fact the ones I've worked with most that refused to improve themselves were White.

One problem with most people, just like your last sentence, is that they attempt to assign some, for a better word, outlandish intellectual reason some fail.  I question if you have actually worked with this category of individuals.  Too many are looking down from their ivory tower at working with cases rather than getting down to their level to actually solve the problem. 

Explain this. Either black people are inferior or they suffer systemic racism. Which reason do you choose? 

62FE38F2-8228-4CA2-9272-F27005DCB05B.png

https://www.epi.org/publication/50-years-after-the-kerner-commission/

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 53

It is infantile to think that the US doesn't have a problem with race  because they do.

I guess everyone here has forgotten when Obama became President the amount of cartoons that depicted him looking like an ape, and in here right in this message board, anytime the they have put a cartoon depicting Obama it somehow looks like an monkey. so, if anyone doesn't want to recognize that fact. I guess that is too bad.

About Ms Harris, she is a black American because in this country anyone that has black race in them disregarding of the % if they look black they are black. Hey, that is the way American think so don't throw stones at me.

Yes, in this coming elections, sorry it won't work. I don't care if she is perfect. not only she is a woman and she is black. Ask anyone in Alabama South Carolina, MIss, Tenn and many other States and right here where I live.

This country has yet to conquer racism  before a lot can happen.
UNfortunately, the 2020 elections is not an elections that Democrats can loose. so do as you wish. and simply see the consequences.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 53

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Either black people do less well in life than whites because they are inherently inferior (your claim, i.e. if they had enough ambition they’d do well), or they are inherently equal but something systemic is causing the wealth/education/employment/health gap (i.e. systemic racism).

Those are your words, not mine.  I don't appreciate your attempts to twist my words for whatever reason.  I have worked with people of all ethnic groups, but have never said that anyone was inherently inferior.  I have seen a good many whites that are downright lazy, along with those of other groups.  In fact the ones I've worked with most that refused to improve themselves were White.

One problem with most people, just like your last sentence, is that they attempt to assign some, for a better word, outlandish intellectual reason some fail.  I question if you have actually worked with this category of individuals.  Too many are looking down from their ivory tower at working with cases rather than getting down to their level to actually solve the problem. 

Certainly appears Harris does not fall into your "ivory tower" group. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 53

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 53

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

That is the black American experience.

How are you to know what the Black American experience is?  From what I've observed the experience of any race in America is what the person makes of it.  Compare it to a foot race, the slow of foot finds the race too fast (difficult, with odds against them), and drops out;  the fast of foot finds it too slow (over achievers).

It can't all be blamed on race but on the ambition of the person to better themselves in life.

Even Harris' own father has criticized her for playing identity politics:

https://www.jamaicaglobalonline.com/donald-harris-slams-his-daughter-senator-kamala-harris-for-fraud...

If she can't stand on her own merits, or be supported for them, she doesn't deserve to to be President.

Because I’m racially literate. Racially literate enough to know structural racism exists, and what it does.

There are two ways of looking at the achievement/education/employment/wealth/health disparities between black and white people.  Either black people do less well in life than whites because they are inherently inferior (your claim, i.e. if they had enough ambition they’d do well), or they are inherently equal but something systemic is causing the wealth/education/employment/health gap (i.e. systemic racism).

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 53

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

It is sad when people go off an attack other races or use race against them. This you will find mostly in the far right.

I've been in a multi-racial marriage for going on half-century and found there are those who attack other races from both the left and the right.  In fact I'm of the opinion that it is those on the left who attempts to use and exploit racism to intimate others to get their way.

Here we have a politician who is using her race in an attempt to aspire to the highest office of the land.

Well lets see who is worse Harris or the far right Trump. Harris has done nothing but show her self and we see black, and she told us she is mixed and where her parents came from. Trump: 18 women sexual misconduct. Paid over 100,000 to one women to keep quiet. Gave a large money settlement to another to withdraw her charge, Tried to steal 3 million from NY City in a hotel project. Paid 24 million to students for being defrauded by Trump U. His charity put out of business due to fraud. Refused to pay his suppliers for goods he purchased which in one case lead the the small business man killing himself. Has lied as President over 90% of the time. There is even more.

Harris is a Saint compared to Trump. Who do you support Trump or Harris.

Last but not least. that % is about 90%/10% far right who make the attacks. Go look at who makes up these groups and you will find mostly far right.  Per your post they would attack your family as they stand against anything but  white power. Look who one of their backers are. Trump.  Trumps father was a member of one of those groups.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 53

@KidBoy2 wrote:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/29/politics/kamala-harris-responds-donald-trump-jr-race-african-american...

Part of the link...

Washington (CNN)Sen. Kamala Harris pushed back Saturday against online attacks about her race, comparing the latest jabs to racism faced by former President Barack Obama, as fellow 2020 candidates rallied to her defense.

During Thursday's Democratic presidential debate, Donald Trump Jr. retweeted to his millions of followers a Harris critic who took issue with her identity.
"Kamala Harris is *not* an American Black. She is half Indian and half Jamaican," the critic, who identified as African American, wrote. "I'm so sick of people robbing American Blacks (like myself) of our history. It's disgusting. Now using it for debate time at #DemDebate2? These are my people not her people. Freaking disgusting."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is she Black like she says?  

Me thinks she should have stated she is a person of color. 

I am laughing very hard at the Trump Jr statement. Poor Kamala. I wasn't aware that in Jamaica, black people miraculously appeared in that island. I thought like all blacks in this Continent were originally from the African continent.
Besides, she is an American of mix race  period. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 53

Didn't trump claim his father was born in Germany?  Didn't see any of the Righties here make an issue out of that....

If blacks have an issue as to what Kamala said, so be it.....but watching some whites attempt to make an issue of it, is probably more reflective of Ms. Harris' surge in the poles to 12% than anything else.

Harris Surges in Post-Debate Poll

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 53

@john258 wrote:

It is sad when people go off an attack other races or use race against them. This you will find mostly in the far right.

I've been in a multi-racial marriage for going on half-century and found there are those who attack other races from both the left and the right.  In fact I'm of the opinion that it is those on the left who attempts to use and exploit racism to intimate others to get their way.

Here we have a politician who is using her race in an attempt to aspire to the highest office of the land.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors