Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Kamala Harris' campaign slams online attacks on her race

Message 21 of 53

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

No, she never said that. She said she was the only black person on this stage at the second of two democratic primary debates. 

If she isn't attempting to mention race as an advantage, then why bring it up?  Has she been bringing race in previous political campaigns?  Her heritage is Jamaican so how can she identify with the American Black experience?

Only white people don’t want to talk about race. For people of color, it’s part of their daily existence. It’s not a big deal to mention race. It’s part of daily conversation. It only sounds weird to white people, who don’t have to take race into consideration because white is the norm in our culture. 

I don’t understand your last question. She’s black and she’s American. How can she NOT identify with the black American experience? 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 53

@ManicProgressive wrote:

No, she never said that. She said she was the only black person on this stage at the second of two democratic primary debates. 

If she isn't attempting to mention race as an advantage, then why bring it up?  Has she been bringing race in previous political campaigns?  Her heritage is Jamaican so how can she identify with the American Black experience?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 53

@Richva wrote:

Sorry but your children are enjoying the advantages gained by "your people" using race for political, economic, and educational advantage for over 150 years.

"My people" shed blood in the War for Independence, and fought in other wars, for these advantages.   Several gave their lives.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 53

@john258 wrote:

Still waiting for answer on my first question to you.

Then I suggest you have a long, long wait.  There is a saying that one could wait until a certain region freezes over.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 53

And why is there even an issue here. Are trump supporters so lacking in real issues that keep trying to conjure up something with no basis of relevance. 

Harris is a US citizen and an American. 

Isn’t that a basic criteria to run for office?

Oh, and where were the trump supporters when we learned that trump tried to dismiss the fact that his family was from Germany, and they may have had some nazi connections?

One thing for sure, we don’t have to worry about Sen. Harris having any white supremist leanings!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 53

@williamb39198 wrote:

That’s a good point! Are trump supporters going to start down the path of right kind of gay, right kind of racist, right kind of trans, right kind of white supremists...

Then again, would we be surprised!

Maybe that's what Trump meant when he stated that there were "fine people" (the right kind) among white supremacists, Nazis and KKKers.

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 53

@KidBoy2 wrote:
ManicProgressive posted...
Should race be a factor? You and kid boy seem to think so.
============================================
I do not but......be it true or not......she owns it.

On what planet?  Most want to depend on the truth.   You are aware our entire legal system dedicated to "true or not"?  That you have determined does not apply to Senator Harris.  Are you simply missing Michelle?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 53

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

If your children have the right to self-identity, why don’t you think Kamala Harris does? 

My children aren't trying to use race as for political or any advantage.  They don't attempt to self-identify except as American. They move between both ethnic groups as far as cultural issues are concerned, but not for any type of minority advantage.  That is apparently what this lady is attempting.

Sorry but your children are enjoying the advantages gained by "your people" using race for political, economic, and educational advantage for over 150 years. Ms Harris is simply relating the stories of how that advantage was gained and perpetuated. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 53

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

If your children have the right to self-identity, why don’t you think Kamala Harris does? 

My children aren't trying to use race as for political or any advantage.  They don't attempt to self-identify except as American. They move between both ethnic groups as far as cultural issues are concerned, but not for any type of minority advantage.  That is apparently what this lady is attempting.

Minorities don’t have any advantage. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 53

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Please explain in detail how she is going for a minority advantage. Still waiting for answer on my first question to you.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Claim your 1,000 Welcome bonus points!

Get Started with AARP Rewards.

Top Authors