Views

Re: Just plain STUPID

Message 1 of 17

@MIseker wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

@afisher wrote:

Update:    As most learned during the announcement of a tarriff on foreign washing machines to supposedly increase jobs in US, we who performed a modicum of due diligence certainly questioned the action, because of no known site for US manufacturer building such things in the US.

But, just in case the research was inaccurate:   tiL:   Whirlpool is downsizing its workforce in Michigan.  WARN was not posted....yet.     https://www.southbendtribune.com/news/business/whirlpool-confirms-it-will-conduct-layoffs/article_20...

Even if true, that's on Whirplool's leaders, not Trump. 

you are free to believe whatever alt facts you want. thats my home county..and whirlpool is in the county seat. They own the govt here. Their policies kill the neighboring town, and the county admins brother owns a construction company that buys abandoned office for a buck, puts in new windows, and sells them to whilpool. I have no idea how he had always had the winning bid for 25 years. 

Thank you.  I choose to believe Trump's conclusion with Whirlpool is much, much, much better than Obama's collusion with Solyndra.  See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solyndra and note:

"Solyndra received a $535 million U.S. Energy Department loan guarantee, the first recipient of a loan guarantee under President Barack Obama's economic stimulus program, the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009.[16] Additionally, Solyndra received a $25.1 million tax break from California's Alternative Energy and Advanced Transportation Financing Authority.[17]

Following the bankruptcy, the government was expected to recoup $27 million under the Solyndra restructuring plan, or up to 100% of loaned funds from a $1.5 billion lawsuit filed against Chinese solar-panel makers for alleged price fixing.[2] The outcome of the lawsuits were that, in November 2015, Yingli Green Energy Holding Co Ltd. settled a claim filed by Solyndra for $7.5 million, and in April 2016 Trina Solar Ltd. settled a claim filed by Solyndra for $45 million. As of April 2016, Solyndra's suit against Suntech Power Holdings Co Ltd. has not yet settled.[18]"

other than you tossing a dead cat, i fail to see what Obama has to do with this topic. If you want to discuss what TRUMP has done to the solar industry with Tarriffs, feel free to start the topic.

So, before you said, "you are free to believe whatever alt facts you want." and now you say that I am not?  Please, make up your mind.

Old Witch
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 17

@aruzinsky wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

@afisher wrote:

Update:    As most learned during the announcement of a tarriff on foreign washing machines to supposedly increase jobs in US, we who performed a modicum of due diligence certainly questioned the action, because of no known site for US manufacturer building such things in the US.

But, just in case the research was inaccurate:   tiL:   Whirlpool is downsizing its workforce in Michigan.  WARN was not posted....yet.     https://www.southbendtribune.com/news/business/whirlpool-confirms-it-will-conduct-layoffs/article_20...

you are free to believe whatever alt facts you want. thats my home county..and whirlpool is in the county seat. They own the govt here. Their policies kill the neighboring town, and the county admins brother owns a construction company that buys abandoned office for a buck, puts in new windows, and sells them to whilpool. I have no idea how he had always had the winning bid for 25 years. 

Thank you.  I choose to believe Trump's conclusion with Whirlpool is much, much, much better than Obama's collusion with Solyndra.  See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solyndra and note:

"Solyndra received a $535 million U.S. Energy Department loan guarantee, the first recipient of a loan guarantee under President Barack Obama's economic stimulus program, the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009.[16] Additionally, Solyndra received a $25.1 million tax break from California's Alternative Energy and Advanced Transportation Financing Authority.[17]

Following the bankruptcy, the government was expected to recoup $27 million under the Solyndra restructuring plan, or up to 100% of loaned funds from a $1.5 billion lawsuit filed against Chinese solar-panel makers for alleged price fixing.[2] The outcome of the lawsuits were that, in November 2015, Yingli Green Energy Holding Co Ltd. settled a claim filed by Solyndra for $7.5 million, and in April 2016 Trina Solar Ltd. settled a claim filed by Solyndra for $45 million. As of April 2016, Solyndra's suit against Suntech Power Holdings Co Ltd. has not yet settled.[18]"

other than you tossing a dead cat, i fail to see what Obama has to do with this topic. If you want to discuss what TRUMP has done to the solar industry with Tarriffs, feel free to start the topic.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 17

@mandm84 wrote:

Grand Old Plutocratic Union Busting , Benefit Busting and Outsourcing , it sure helps those CEO's , but skrews 99% of America. 

Just a hint - 1% didn't get Trump elected!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 17

@MIseker wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

@afisher wrote:

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 17

@aruzinsky wrote:

@afisher wrote:

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 17

@afisher wrote:

yup, thats my local paper. Im not sure, but i dont think whilpool makes any washers in the US. but it does own 10 brands manufactured overseas. Trump helps my disgusting koch bought congressman Fred Upton.( whirlpool was known at the beginningas Upton Machine Company) and ol Fred furthers the rot in his home county. He will get elected again..hey buys hos post at head of the energy committee from the Kochs.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 17

@afisher wrote:

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 17

@afisher wrote:

Tariffs.    Donald decide to prove how stupid he really is.

1.    What US manufacturer makes washing machines   Maytag / Whirlpool

2      Does that manufacturer make washing machines in the US?    NOPE

So how does putting a tariff on foreign manufactured washing machines, which does mean higher prices the US consumer, help a US consumer.....  Oh, this doesn't.   like I said Stupid, Stupid Stupid.

Who said it was Trump's intent to lower the prices of washing machines?  For all I know, Trump's intent could be to reduce black unemplloyment so that the previously unemployed blacks can buy washing machines. 

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 17

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 17

@rk9152 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

I'm trying to figure out if the title of this thread refers to Trump or his blind, loyal supporters around the country?

Or...how about the cult of hatred that insists "trump sucks". Now, there is stupid.

it's a statement of fact that tens of millions here in the US agree with and hundreds of millions more across the world agree has always been fact.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors