Check out the 10th anniversary edition of ’99 Great Ways to Save,’ AARP’s annual guide to saving money.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Just asking

Message 21 of 28

Is this site just a Democratic agenda site? If it is....I"m deleting my membership!!!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 28

@Olderscout66 wrote:

It's mostly true that immigrants with documents receive about the same pay for the same work as US citizens BECAUSE they can blow the whistle on any boss who violates labor laws.

And they subject themselves to deportation.  No, they mostly attempt not to draw attention to themselves.  And your illustration of what happened in Kenner, La is the reason why.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 28

It's mostly true that immigrants with documents receive about the same pay for the same work as US citizens BECAUSE they can blow the whistle on any boss who violates labor laws.

That's why Republicans never really try to do anything about the 11 million UNdocumented folks living and working in the USA. Here's a sample of how THEY are treated in the labor market:

The 45-year-old construction worker in Louisiana, and about two dozen others in his crew, had gathered in the small town of Kenner, on the outskirts of New Orleans, where he believed they were about to be given unpaid wages owed by their boss.

The move was set to bring an end to a bitter dispute, and their employer had told them to gather at a car park in front of an apartment complex. But instead of meeting him, they were surrounded by armed police and officers from Immigrations and Customs Enforcement.

No Republican is going to do anything to disrupt the slave labor market - other Republicans are making too much money from it.

The reality of lil donny's moronic "wall" is nothing more than his effort to reduce the supply of LEGAL "greencard" workers by pretending he's keeping out "bad people", which for Republicans means good workers who are protected by the law, not slaves who can be deported if they complain.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 28

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@afisher wrote:

Why should immigrants be paid less that any other worker in any job?

I don't believe that LEGAL immigrants are paid less. 

If he really meant "illegal aliens" aren't paid the same as either immigrants or citizens, I would agree but he mentioned immigrant ONLY which is a legal resident of the U.S.

If he had referred to LEGAL immigrants, then he would be erroneous.  Immigrants are paid the same as natural born Americans.   It depends upon their skills, occupations, etc.

ILLEGALS can't be as open about applying for employment, mostly taking whatever positions are available.  Doubtful many illegals can produce a social security card which would be required for decent positions.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 28

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@afisher wrote:

If he really meant "illegal aliens" aren't paid the same as either immigrants or citizens, I would agree but he mentioned immigrant ONLY which is a legal resident of the U.S.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 28

@afisher wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 28

@afisher wrote:

Just answering:

I wasn't aware that they are paid less by the same employer, doing the same work, the same experience at the job, the same education, and the same tenure. Please site some examples of those that are outside the bounds of my previous sentence.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Just asking

Message 28 of 28

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Replies