From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Junk Health Insurance

Message 1 of 4

Thank you gruffstuff 

I watched this on the news last night. Thank you for your detailed post. Nancy 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 4

I have to run, but there was news last week that the major healthcare insurance companies are not happy with Donald's EXEC order and are not making plans to introduce such a plan.   OOPS!   http://thehill.com/opinion/healthcare/398831-buyer-beware-of-association-health-plans 

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 4

I just watched a segment on that on yesterday's NBR (Nightly Business Report - PBS) August 1, 2018.

I was planning on posting it after NBR posts the transcript - which would be probably tomorrow.

I'm glad somebody posted it. Thanks.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Junk Health Insurance

Message 4 of 4

https://slate.com/business/2018/08/trump-has-brought-back-the-type-of-junk-health-insurance-that-oba...

Trump Has Brought Back the Kind of Junk Health Insurance That Obamacare Was Meant to Ban

The Affordable Care Act was designed, in large part, to ban cruddy health insurance. Before the law was passed, shoppers often tried to save money on their coverage by purchasing plans with meager benefits that didn’t help much if they got sick with cancer or needed an expensive prescription or were badly injured in a car wreck. Obamacare sought to end that by requiring health plans to cover a standard package of services, no matter who bought them.

The Trump administration is now bringing cruddy back. In yet another aggressive move to undermine the Affordable Care Act, it issued a new regulation on Wednesday that will make it easier for companies to sell inexpensive insurance plans that are not required to offer basic benefits and can discriminate against Americans with pre-existing conditions.

Worse, the decision could ultimately drive up the price of insurance on Obamacare’s exchanges by creating a parallel, lightly regulated market for cheap coverage that siphons off healthier customers.

The new rule will allow companies to offer longer-lasting versions of what the industry calls “short-term, limited duration” health policies. Under old regulations put in place by the Obama administration, these plans could last no more than three months at a time before customers had to reapply for them. Going forward, they will be able to last as long as 36 months.

I'm self employed as a plumber. 

I get spamed ten times a day with this stuff by phone calls.

It's really annoying. 

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors