Get the vision care news and information you need in the AARP Eye Center.

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Judge blocks Trump restrictions on birth control

Message 1 of 11

To really keep men out of it, women should be taxed at a higher rate to pay for women only health services.  As a man, I see no reason to subsidize selfish women for their peculiar needs.

BTW, my local Walgreens has all of its feminine products, such as makeup and Tampons, located closest to the entrance/exit to the store.  That means, over the past 50 years, I wasted my time walking past those products, maybe, hundreds of unnecessary extra miles to get what I want at Walgreens, thanks to women. 

As though, it isn't bad enough that every shopping mall has a glut of women's shoe stores.

Old Witch
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 11

@Fishslayer777 wrote:
That's kinda weird that "men" shouldn't comment. How come? Care to explain? you brought it into the conversation.

Spermicide increases the effective rate to 95%. Pill is 91%, but isn't the discussion about who's gonna pay? Did I miss something?

I'm not against birth control. Men have some "skin" in the game too... pun intended.

Men can comment all they want, but until they are the ones who will get pregnant, the decissions must be made by the WOMAN directly involved.

GOPers want women subservient and for millina they've done this with the "barefoot and pregnant" technique now defended by the Republican Party.

The GOPer notion that it's about WHO PAYS is predicated on their absurd notion that Society has no role and Government must never protect the interests of those who cannot protect themselves.

Its not about pregnancy, its about POWER and Republicans demand all the power be given to men who want women pregnant if they have sex - the ultimate Scarlet Letter, one that can ruin the lives of all effected.

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 11
So ... can we all assume gender based ignorance is a "justifiable reason" to not exercise our thoughts? Slippery slope ...

That pendulum swings both ways... right?

"The nicest curve on a woman's body is her smile "
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 11

@Fishslayer777 wrote:
That's kinda weird that "men" shouldn't comment. How come? Care to explain? you brought it into the conversation.

Spermicide increases the effective rate to 95%. Pill is 91%, but isn't the discussion about who's gonna pay? Did I miss something?

I'm not against birth control. Men have some "skin" in the game too... pun intended.

Because most men don’t understand women’s sexual health. Birth control is a tool to manage women’s sexual health, not just to prevent pregnancy. Health care should not be managed based on religious objections.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 11

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 11

@Fishslayer777 wrote:
The diaphragm is pretty inexpensive... if cost is the real issue. With an annual cost of just $60 and an efficacy rate of 85 percent, the diaphragm is the most cost-effective method of preventing pregnancy. While the method fell in popularity after the introduction of the pill, various forms of it have been used for centuries.

about $.07 a day

Men really shouldn’t comment on birth control. 85% success rate to prevent pregnancy is horrible. 

Plus, your cost doesn’t include spermicide. Use it without, and pick out your baby registry now.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 11
Oh yes, Republican "family values", reminds me of the gold ole days when their Congressmen were getting busted left and right for their extra curricular "activities".
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 11
The diaphragm is pretty inexpensive... if cost is the real issue. With an annual cost of just $60 and an efficacy rate of 85 percent, the diaphragm is the most cost-effective method of preventing pregnancy. While the method fell in popularity after the introduction of the pill, various forms of it have been used for centuries.

about $.07 a day

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 11

GOP=misogyny.   They make all sorts of family values claims and apparently don't comprehend the role of sex in a well-balanced marriage.  

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 11
I saw this and continue to see this all over the media Manic. Yay!
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors