Tell Congress to Oppose Any Tax Bill That Would Increase Taxes for Seniors! Take Action Now

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 20,703
Registered: ‎11-09-2011

Re: John Kelly EMOTIONAL White House Press Briefing 10/19/17

Message 1 of 62 (115 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

Olderscout66 wrote:

First off, Der Trumper has sent a couple thousand more brave Americans to become targets for ISIS and its ilk with no rational for what they hope to accomplish except the meaningless "to defeat terrorism" bumpersticker GOPers use to justify huge profits for defense contractors. If using their lives like kleenex to prop up a totally failed military misadventure is NOT disrexpecting the military, then please let us know what is.

 

The comment the president made of the pregnant widow’s husband: “he knew what he signed up for... but when it happens it hurts anyway.” implies the dead should've known better and not signed up to become cannon fodder for the Military-Industrial Complex. The total disrespect comes from NOT recognizing the man signed up to defend his Nation against all enemies, foreign and domestic, not to die in jrbush's needless fiasco.

 

Please explain how Der Trumper's comment was NOT telling the fallen soldier's widow he should've made a better choice for both your futures?

 


Yes, the President did send brave men to fight ISIS which has declared war on us. Do you have an alternate way of dealing with the situation? Psychopaths all over "declare war on the US", BUT SINCE THEY'RE NOT COUNTRIES it's nonsense. Ever since jrbush allowed 9/11 by focusing on how to invade Iraq and grab their oil, we've done an excellent job of defending our Nation. The ones being threatened by ISIS are Syria, Iran and Saudia Arabia. They sould be carrying the fight to the ones who COULD destroy THEM, not us.

 

Yes, the military needs arms and equipment and yes, companies make them and yes, they make a profit. Do you have an alternate solution? Yep. Follow the Brits by making all weapons and technology developed under Government contract Government property so we can pick the lowest cost producer instead of having to go to whoever has the patent we already paid for. Then move all small arms and ammo production in-house and restore the in-house maintenance capability we enjoyed until the turn of the 21st Century.

 

The comment made was one commonly used. In fact, Congresswoman Wilson used it at the dedication of the FBI building. Your rant is based on nothing but blind hatred. Don't care who said it (it wasn't Obama), its garbage. We SHOULD have invaded Afghanistan to kill OBL, but that would've made it impossible for jrbush to keep the war fever building, so he let Ossama escape. My conversation is nothing but unvarnished truth.

 

And, speaking of hate based mindless rants, what did the deaths in Niger have to do with President Bush?? Talking about ALL the brave soldiers Republicans want to die for votes or to feed division in our society by claiming protests against police brutality are somehow anti-Vet.


 

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 20,703
Registered: ‎11-09-2011

Re: John Kelly EMOTIONAL White House Press Briefing 10/19/17

Message 2 of 62 (121 Views)


rk9152 wrote:

Olderscout66 wrote:

Cent wrote IP

In particular, Klay said, the politicized discourse around service, and who understands its burdens, obscures legitimate questions that all citizens need to engage with, beginning, in this moment, with why U.S. forces were in Niger in the first place.

 

And not JUST in Niger, but everywhere we've placed our military in harms way, most notibly Iraq and Afghanistan. You do not HONOR the military by sending them to die when the one's killing them pose no threat to our Nation.

 

.....for gutless draft-dodgers like jrbush and Der Trumper to send brave Americans off to die so they can look good to their political base.

 

1) Obama declared Afghanistan to be the "good war; No, he did not.

2) Shall we fight only on American soil? Same sort of absurd comment the RW uses when they have nothingto say - we fought 99&44/100ths % of WWII OFF American soil, so IF our interests are threatened, we can bring it to the bad guys. Do GOPers ALL think everything is either literal or "all or nothing" - is that how you can think Universal Health Care will turn America Commie? Sad, very sad.

 

But if our interests are NOT threatened, let the folks being threatened, like the Saudis and Iran in the case of the current problem in the mideast.

 


 


 

Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 20,703
Registered: ‎11-09-2011

Re: John Kelly EMOTIONAL White House Press Briefing 10/19/17

Message 3 of 62 (136 Views)

President Obama never said Afghanistan was a "good war". What he said repeatedly was we needed to GET OUT of Afghanistan... and Iraq. Only Republicans think war is good mostly because they never fight, they just seel equipment and supplies to the ones their politicians send to do the fighting.

 

We had "won" in Afghanistan, but jrbush diverted all the troops we SHOULD have used to get the Northern Alliance firmly in control, but jrbush and the GOPers diverted all our resources to do regime change in Iraq so jr's buddies could grab the oil and his advisors could "prove" their moronic theories about how to bring Democracy to the Mid East.

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 1,673
Registered: ‎02-12-2011

Re: John Kelly EMOTIONAL White House Press Briefing 10/19/17

Message 4 of 62 (142 Views)

Olderscout66 wrote:

Cent wrote IP

 

The worst thing Nixon ever did was to end the military draft. What he SHOULD have done was to end military "deferrments" and called up the Guard and Reserve so America would be "engaged" in the 'Nam AND ALL FUTURE military fiascos, making it infinatily more difficult for gutless draft-dodgers like jrbush and Der Trumper to send brave Americans off to die so they can look good to their political base.

 


Scout...you know full well a guy like Nixon would never do anything like that.  In my opinion your point is a good one, but what Nixon did or didn't do has little bearing on what 'the donald' does or doesn't do.  The similarities in conduct between Nixon and 'the donald' certainly does though.  Autocrats with a mission....both of them.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Posts: 8,256
Registered: ‎11-18-2009

Re: John Kelly EMOTIONAL White House Press Briefing 10/19/17

Message 5 of 62 (164 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

Olderscout66 wrote:

Cent wrote IP

In particular, Klay said, the politicized discourse around service, and who understands its burdens, obscures legitimate questions that all citizens need to engage with, beginning, in this moment, with why U.S. forces were in Niger in the first place.

 

And not JUST in Niger, but everywhere we've placed our military in harms way, most notibly Iraq and Afghanistan. You do not HONOR the military by sending them to die when the one's killing them pose no threat to our Nation.

 

.....for gutless draft-dodgers like jrbush and Der Trumper to send brave Americans off to die so they can look good to their political base.

 

1) Obama declared Afghanistan to be the "good war;

2) Shall we fight only on American soil?

 


 


yes..i think we could sink ISIS navy. Irans, afghans, dprk..we have nukes and a navy..what else do we need?

 

So it begins.
Treasured Social Butterfly
Posts: 8,256
Registered: ‎11-18-2009

Re: John Kelly EMOTIONAL White House Press Briefing 10/19/17

Message 6 of 62 (163 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

Snoopy48 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Snoopy48 wrote:

jimc91 wrote:

 

 

These are very special men that are to be respected and honored.

 

Please cease and desist using them in your petty political differences.

 

 

 

 


And yet you still support Trump who has done nothing but disrespect and dishonor these men.


No - that is the Party line. He is not disrespectful of the military


You should actually listen to Trump some time. He has been very disrespectful of the military many times.


Any specifics? Sounds like you are just jumping on board the Party line train.


he learned more in military school than combat soldiers. His vietnam was fighting off stds.

So it begins.
Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 3,613
Registered: ‎12-17-2010

Re: John Kelly EMOTIONAL White House Press Briefing 10/19/17

Message 7 of 62 (176 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

Snoopy48 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Snoopy48 wrote:

jimc91 wrote:

 

 

These are very special men that are to be respected and honored.

 

Please cease and desist using them in your petty political differences.

 

 

 

 


And yet you still support Trump who has done nothing but disrespect and dishonor these men.


No - that is the Party line. He is not disrespectful of the military


You should actually listen to Trump some time. He has been very disrespectful of the military many times.


Any specifics? Sounds like you are just jumping on board the Party line train.


If you are not aware of how Trump has disrespected the military by now you are in deep denial.

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 31,871
Registered: ‎02-21-2014

Re: John Kelly EMOTIONAL White House Press Briefing 10/19/17

Message 8 of 62 (179 Views)

Olderscout66 wrote:

Cent wrote IP

In particular, Klay said, the politicized discourse around service, and who understands its burdens, obscures legitimate questions that all citizens need to engage with, beginning, in this moment, with why U.S. forces were in Niger in the first place.

 

And not JUST in Niger, but everywhere we've placed our military in harms way, most notibly Iraq and Afghanistan. You do not HONOR the military by sending them to die when the one's killing them pose no threat to our Nation.

 

.....for gutless draft-dodgers like jrbush and Der Trumper to send brave Americans off to die so they can look good to their political base.

 

1) Obama declared Afghanistan to be the "good war;

2) Shall we fight only on American soil?

 


 

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 31,871
Registered: ‎02-21-2014

Re: John Kelly EMOTIONAL White House Press Briefing 10/19/17

Message 9 of 62 (179 Views)

Olderscout66 wrote:

First off, Der Trumper has sent a couple thousand more brave Americans to become targets for ISIS and its ilk with no rational for what they hope to accomplish except the meaningless "to defeat terrorism" bumpersticker GOPers use to justify huge profits for defense contractors. If using their lives like kleenex to prop up a totally failed military misadventure is NOT disrexpecting the military, then please let us know what is.

 

The comment the president made of the pregnant widow’s husband: “he knew what he signed up for... but when it happens it hurts anyway.” implies the dead should've known better and not signed up to become cannon fodder for the Military-Industrial Complex. The total disrespect comes from NOT recognizing the man signed up to defend his Nation against all enemies, foreign and domestic, not to die in jrbush's needless fiasco.

 

Please explain how Der Trumper's comment was NOT telling the fallen soldier's widow he should've made a better choice for both your futures?

 


Yes, the President did send brave men to fight ISIS which has declared war on us. Do you have an alternate way of dealing with the situation?

 

Yes, the military needs arms and equipment and yes, companies make them and yes, they make a profit. Do you have an alternate solution?

 

The comment made was one commonly used. In fact, Congresswoman Wilson used it at the dedication of the FBI building. Your rant is based on nothing but blind hatred.

 

And, speaking of hate based mindless rants, what did the deaths in Niger have to do with President Bush??

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 31,871
Registered: ‎02-21-2014

Re: John Kelly EMOTIONAL White House Press Briefing 10/19/17

Message 10 of 62 (189 Views)

Centristsin2010 wrote:


rk9152 wrote:


You seem to be suggesting that Gen. Kelly is lying. He was wrong about Wilson.  Was he lying, intellectually dishonest, mis-informed or mistaken.  If it was an "innocent mistake", most honorable men would have apologized by now.  He apparently is an "empty barrel".

 Was he "lying, intellectually dishonest, mis-informed, or mistaken" about the extraneous issue of the funding for the FBI building or the important issue that she said basically the same thing about fallen law enforcement people that she criticized the President for saying about a fallen soldier??