Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: John Kasich: ‘I think members of the Republican Party are in a coma right now’

Message 11 of 27

Trump's Presidency is a nightmare reality show so far wouldn't you say???? Your fired!! Lock him up!

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly

Re: John Kasich: ‘I think members of the Republican Party are in a coma right now’

Message 12 of 27

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Why Trump? There are numerous reasons. 

• When Trump says "Make America Great Again", they know he means "Make America White again".
  • Since they watch Fox every day, they wanted a President who believes every right wing conspiracy they see or hear on Fox.
  • Trump reminds them of the America they fondly remember from their younger days. 
  • Trump is nasty, an ego maniac, a pathological liar, and he surrounds himself with people who are like him. His supporters identify with and approve of his nasty characteristics. When most of America is outraged by what Trump says and does, his supporters are in ecstacy.
  • When Trump uttered those racist remarks about 4 Congresswomen, his supporters weren't outraged like many of us, because they share his point of view. They think just like him and were cheering when they heard those nasty comments about the congresswomen.

Don't forget he was a TV personality with his own reality show they all watched once a week.  America loves its (pseudo-)reality TV.  They already knew his name; they didn't know who the Kasichs or Rubios or Fiorinas or Santorums were.

Maybe the Democratic Party is going about this all wrong.  They need to pick some bigger-than-life celebrity to run against Trump.  Remember Oprah Winfrey?

(Of course, I jest.)

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

John Kasich: ‘I think members of the Republican Party are in a coma right now’

Message 13 of 27

Why Trump? There are numerous reasons. 

• When Trump says "Make America Great Again", they know he means "Make America White again".
  • Since they watch Fox every day, they wanted a President who believes every right wing conspiracy they see or hear on Fox.
  • Trump reminds them of the America they fondly remember from their younger days. 
  • Trump is nasty, an ego maniac, a pathological liar, and he surrounds himself with people who are like him. His supporters identify with and approve of his nasty characteristics. When most of America is outraged by what Trump says and does, his supporters are in ecstacy.
  • When Trump uttered those racist remarks about 4 Congresswomen, his supporters weren't outraged like many of us, because they share his point of view. They think just like him and were cheering when they heard those nasty comments about the congresswomen.
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 14 of 27

@jimc91 wrote:

@Roxanna35 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

I've said this before, if John Kasich was the Republican nominee in 2016, going against Hillary, I would have voted for him.

Regarding the 2016 elections the question that I have always have had ,is Why did the Republicans nominated Trump Not why Trump won over Hillary.

That's pretty simple.  

Trump articulated a message that was easy for voters to connect with.  

IMO, he is good at reading what the American Citizens are thinking and the direction we desire for our nation going forward.  

America has been a center right nation for a far back as I can remember.

Center right? Where on earth did you get that ?

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 15 of 27

Of course Kasich is right. They've been in a coma for 3 years.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 16 of 27

@jimc91 wrote:

@Roxanna35 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Disagree on this last statement. Center yes, right ? don't think so. unless you were one of the Tea Party people.

no name
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 17 of 27

@Roxanna35 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

I've said this before, if John Kasich was the Republican nominee in 2016, going against Hillary, I would have voted for him.

Regarding the 2016 elections the question that I have always have had ,is Why did the Republicans nominated Trump Not why Trump won over Hillary.

That's pretty simple.  

Trump articulated a message that was easy for voters to connect with.  

IMO, he is good at reading what the American Citizens are thinking and the direction we desire for our nation going forward.  

VIMTSTL
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 18 of 27

@CriticalThinking wrote:

no name
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 19 of 27

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 20 of 27

@williamb39198 wrote:

Even though Kasich was not the repub candidate, I would have certainly have accepted him as a legitimate President if he had run and been elected. 

We can certainly see that the office does not make the man, but the man can make the office!

Honesty goes a long, long way. 

Now you know how we feel about the man who did not even win the majority of America votes (all the Russian ones, though) and has statistics published about the number of lies he has told. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors