Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: John Kasich: ‘I think members of the Republican Party are in a coma right now’

Message 1 of 27

Some are waking up . . .

A former Texas judge announced on FB that she was leaving the R-party over Trump's racist ideology, and says that she will be voting D for the first time in 20 years.

“It has taken me years to say this publicly, but here I go. President Trump is the worst president in the history of this country….his ideology is racism. To me, nothing positive about him could absolve him of his rotten core.”

“The current Republican Party supports Trump so I cannot support that party in Texas or nationally.”

Source:

https://www.kxan.com/news/texas/former-texas-judge-leaves-republican-party-over-trumps-ideology-of-r...

I'm glad to see that Libertarian Bill Weld has decided to challenge Trump in the R-primaries. He is also trying to get the R-party out of their coma. There have been rumors that Congressman Justin Amash (now an Independent) might enter the presidential race as an Independent or Libertarian. Weld said on tv news that he would welcome Amash to run. He said that votes for Amash would come directly out of Trump's pocket and would not be a threat to D's. Weld said he had D's tell him that they would cross over and vote for him in the primaries even though they would support the D in the general election. That was okay with him, too.

"Music can change the world because it can change people." - Bono
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: John Kasich: ‘I think members of the Republican Party are in a coma right now’

Message 2 of 27

@CriticalThinking wrote:

As I previoulsy stated on several occasions, if a decent man like John Kasich would have been the candidate running against Hillary, I would have definitely voted for him.

Yes, @CriticalThinking , I bet MANY would have.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 27

@jimc91 wrote:

@Roxanna35 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

I've said this before, if John Kasich was the Republican nominee in 2016, going against Hillary, I would have voted for him.

Regarding the 2016 elections the question that I have always have had ,is Why did the Republicans nominated Trump Not why Trump won over Hillary.

That's pretty simple.  

Trump articulated a message that was easy for voters to connect with.  

IMO, he is good at reading what the American Citizens are thinking and the direction we desire for our nation going forward.  

America has been a center right nation for a far back as I can remember.

7/19/19 - As they chant "send her back" (oops, had wrong worded quote) and the leader first stated "go back to the country you came from"?!  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 27

@afisher wrote:

There is an interesting article from the Libertarians that are horrified that the current WH regime and all his followers in DC and beyond are actually saying that the want Big Gov't to suppress individuals rights.    So they are now FOR big FED.    The RW followers here seem not to notice that they have become progressives.   

ROFLMAO !!!!

"The only thing that man learns from history is that man learns nothing from history."
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 27

There is an interesting article from the Libertarians that are horrified that the current WH regime and all his followers in DC and beyond are actually saying that the want Big Gov't to suppress individuals rights.    So they are now FOR big FED.    The RW followers here seem not to notice that they have become progressives.   

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

John Kasich: ‘I think members of the Republican Party are in a coma right now’

Message 6 of 27

As I previoulsy stated on several occasions, if a decent man like John Kasich would have been the candidate running against Hillary, I would have definitely voted for him.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 27

@MsStretch wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

MsStretch said, "Maybe the Democratic Party is going about this all wrong.  They need to pick some bigger-than-life celebrity to run against Trump. "

That's an interesting point and probably true, but it misses the bigger and far more imporant point. Trump's base loves it when he's nasty, makes racist comments, attacks liberals and insults people of color every day of the week. What does that say about them? 

Donald Trump is a reflection of his base. I don't think decent people want to lower themselves to that level. We have to appeal to the decency of the majority of Americans.

I was, more or less, speaking tongue-in-cheek, but yes, my very thought exactly.   The reason Trump makes such outrageous statements is because it energizes his base, because he is voicing exactly what they think and believe.   He's basically telling them it's OK to be xenophobic because America should be white...uh...first.  And maybe I was just trying to be polite (for lack of a better word), but I don't think that says much about those who continue to support him and his behavior and morals.

Trump knows he has to keep the racist and ignorant element within his base stirred up or he has no chance of winning an election. It's a tight wire walk to keep that part of his base stirred up without alienating the majority of Americans. Let's hope he fails.

"The only thing that man learns from history is that man learns nothing from history."
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 27

@CriticalThinking wrote:

MsStretch said, "Maybe the Democratic Party is going about this all wrong.  They need to pick some bigger-than-life celebrity to run against Trump. "

That's an interesting point and probably true, but it misses the bigger and far more imporant point. Trump's base loves it when he's nasty, makes racist comments, attacks liberals and insults people of color every day of the week. What does that say about them? 

Donald Trump is a reflection of his base. I don't think decent people want to lower themselves to that level. We have to appeal to the decency of the majority of Americans.

I was, more or less, speaking tongue-in-cheek, but yes, my very thought exactly.   The reason Trump makes such outrageous statements is because it energizes his base, because he is voicing exactly what they think and believe.   He's basically telling them it's OK to be xenophobic because America should be white...uh...first.  And maybe I was just trying to be polite (for lack of a better word), but I don't think that says much about those who continue to support him and his behavior and morals.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Esteemed Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 27

very true Cee Tee as usual. Good news is I saw another poll, I know, this far out, but still, Trump trails Biden, Warren and Sanders, so he is in trouble, already.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

John Kasich: ‘I think members of the Republican Party are in a coma right now’

Message 10 of 27

That's an interesting point and probably true, but it misses the bigger and far more important point. Trump's base loves it when he's nasty, makes racist comments, attacks liberals and insults people of color every day of the week. What does that say about them? 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors