It’s Brain Health Awareness Month! Check out Staying Sharp and its new features designed to support brain health.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Joe Biden said William Barr was "one of the best" attorneys general

Message 1 of 9

Barr has the opportunity and the obligation to clean up the DOJ and the FBI.  In order for the American people to have their faith restored in our system of justice where the law of our land is applied fairly and evenly to ALL people somebody needs to go to jail.  The FISA abuse and the corrupt FBI few bad apple at the very top warrants jail time for the bad actors.  Tampering with and trying to fix an election by spying on the opposing party IS A BIG DEAL!

Don't be intimidated Mr. Barr, do your job and fix the DOJ, we the American people are counting on you!

VIMTSTL
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 9
Biggest mistake Barr made was signing on with the criminal Trump, and he has gone completely downhill since.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 9

Once again, I must warn you all again about articles from Conservatives. As you know, you absolutely must look up every quote and article  because the underlying source is often mistaken, leaves out information, or lies.  As we have seen, it catches some of our best posters such as in this case. 

Biden did make that statement but he made it 24 years ago. I am certain that 24 years ago, Barr was an excellent AG but the years have not been kind to him.  My task here is to warn people to check the sources on the articles they post.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 9
And I am sure he would be the first to admit he made a big mistake here Jim, besides how many mistakes has Trump made? A few thousand maybe? lol.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 9

Well, there is this comment from 20+ years ago. Is there a current comment from Biden concerning barr?

Certainly concur with the previous poster’s comment on barr...how many recently lauded barr, but now state what a terrible choice and he is only trump’s attorney, not AG of the United States!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 9

barr-iran-contra-trust-1000x907.jpg

He is useless on top of the ground - he should be under it - inspiring the cabbages... Mark Twain 1894 - APPLIES TO TRUMP TODAY
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 9

Wow. I wonder what changed. I mean, you look at the Mueller report and then you look at Barr's whitewash attempt and you see a man whose ethical compass is under great stain. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 9

@jimc91 wrote:

In 1995, Sen. Joe Biden offered high praise for William Barr, the once and future attorney general who has been roundly criticized by Democrats for his handling of special counsel Robert Mueller's report on the 2016 election. 

"As I know you know, but others should know, too, I truly enjoyed working with you when you were attorney general," Biden told Barr, who had served as President George H.W. Bush's attorney general in the early 1990s. "You were one of the best I have ever worked with, and there have been a lot of attorneys general since I have been here, and I mean that sincerely."

Democrats ,When Biden made that remark, he was the highest ranking Democrat on the Senate Judiciary Committee. Barr, who had moved to the private sector after Bush was defeated in the 1992 election, was testifying at a hearing on "enhancing the effectiveness of incarceration." 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/in-the-1990s-joe-biden-said-william-barr-was-one-of-the-best-attorney-g...

A lot of people said that about Barr then. He was thought to be a very good attorney. They were even saying it about him when we was be  nominated for his current job. Once he got it there have been many people on TV saying how wrong they were and do not know what happened. I had some knowledge about him and was hopeful also, but he proved all wrong by what he has done. He is now an expert in Mob law so fits right into Trumps crew. The story is that the type of clients the law firm he worked for had changed him, plus the desire to really serve a mob boss like Trump. The full story has been on TV some time ago. Go check it out. I know I posted on it in here.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views
Replies

Joe Biden said William Barr was "one of the best" attorneys general

Message 9 of 9

In 1995, Sen. Joe Biden offered high praise for William Barr, the once and future attorney general who has been roundly criticized by Democrats for his handling of special counsel Robert Mueller's report on the 2016 election. 

"As I know you know, but others should know, too, I truly enjoyed working with you when you were attorney general," Biden told Barr, who had served as President George H.W. Bush's attorney general in the early 1990s. "You were one of the best I have ever worked with, and there have been a lot of attorneys general since I have been here, and I mean that sincerely."

Democrats ,When Biden made that remark, he was the highest ranking Democrat on the Senate Judiciary Committee. Barr, who had moved to the private sector after Bush was defeated in the 1992 election, was testifying at a hearing on "enhancing the effectiveness of incarceration." 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/in-the-1990s-joe-biden-said-william-barr-was-one-of-the-best-attorney-g...

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Replies