Jimmy Kimmel - United Airlines

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Jimmy Kimmel - United Airlines

Message 11 of 14

@ASTRAEA wrote:

I have to wonder who these alleged "employees of another airline" were, to make them so important. Will some further digging identify them as someone VIP relative?!

--

They were the crew of a flight that was scheduled to fly then next morning from Louisville.  And it comes out that the flight wasn't overbooked, but at the last minute they wanted to place them on this flight that was full.

The airline was within their rights by regulation, but it has turned into a public relations disaster for them.  And the CEO didn't help by praising the crew for their actions, and now has done a complete about face about the incident, along with this information that it wasn't overbooked but chose to accommodate their employees rather than paying customers.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 14

This incident is incredible, and I hope this man sues United for $10 million; I believe the passenger identified himself as a doctor, who had to see patients & couldn't be delayed. I thought they "needed the space" to accommodate employees of another airline .. seriously; and that's more important than paying customers already onboard? Had there been some legitimate emergency need .. like a passenger accompanying a casket home, or someone sick/injured being rushed back home .. I'm sure a few people would have agreed to be compensated to take a later flight.

I have to wonder who these alleged "employees of another airline" were, to make them so important. Will some further digging identify them as someone VIP relative?!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 14

gordyfl--I've been waiting for this to pop up today.  With all the crazy stuff going on in the WH, this is the one that shocked me and made me sick.  The airline overbooked--an analyst on CNN today said all airlines do this in order to provide cheap seats for customers.

Great!  I'll bet this poor man doesn't think he paid a cheap price for this policy.  CNN also said that an airline could offer up to a thousand dollars when asking customers to give up their seats.

There is no good explanation for what happened.  The CEO is an idiot-see his response for proof.  One of the security people who hailed him off is being looked into.  A passenger who was on the flght was interviewed and said the event was so horrible she had problems sleeping the night of the incident.

The passenger was injured as he was taken off the plane, with others screaming about the treatment he was receiving at the hands of airline reps.  He tried to get back on!  Seems he wasn't going on vacation, he is a doctor and was trying to get to his patients.

United's stock has dropped.  They deserve it.  I hope this man files a lawsuit.  i hope the CEO is fired, and then, I hope all United Airline Employees are retrained as to the NEW POLICY thier company adopts with regard to overbooking.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

Jimmy Kimmel - United Airlines

Message 14 of 14
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Now until February 11, play this classic game online at AARP. Get in the game and play now.

jeopardy for aarp logo

Top Authors