Jimmy Kimmel - United Airlines

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Jimmy Kimmel - United Airlines

Message 1 of 14

Last I heard, United's little brutalization "project" had cost them over $1 billion in lost revenue. Looks like there are a lot of people who have United against abusing passengers.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 14

Overbooked flight on Delta? You now could get nearly $10,000 to give up your seat.
Delta is letting employees offer customers almost $10,000 in compensation to give up seats on overbooked flights, hoping to avoid an uproar like the one that erupted at United after a passenger was dragged off a jet.

United is taking steps too. It will require employees seeking a seat on a plane to book it at least an hour before departure, a policy that might have prevented Sunday's confrontation.

Last year Delta got more passengers to give up their seats than any other U.S. airline, partly by paying more than most of the others.

As a result, it had the lowest rate among the largest U.S. airlines of bumping people off flights against their will — something that is legal but alienates customers and requires the airline to pay compensation of up to $1,350 per person.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-delta-overbooking-20170414-story.html

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 14

Update: 

The doc dragged off the United Airlines flight earlier this week sustained the following:

--two broken front teeth

--serious broken nose

--serious damage to nasal passages for which he will no have to undergo reconstructive surgery 

--"significant"concussion

Attorney for the doctor said his  client told him that "being dragged down the aisle was more horrifying  and harrowing then what he experienced leaving Vietnam".

So how many of you will fly the friendly skies of united?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 14

southwest.jpg

(I think United Airlines solved their problem of ever being overbooked again.)

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 14

Move On. Org is circulating a petition against United airlines.  I signed it!!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 14

@nctarheel - That's very clever, albeit a sad indictment of United Airlines!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 14

@Panjandrum wrote:

This incident was unbelievable, and that it took the CEO three tries before saying he was sorry is even more so.

It took three tries because United now has a new motto; just came out this evening.

FLY UNITED............ WE PUT THE HOSPITAL BACK IN HOSPITALITY.

Smiley SadSmiley SadSmiley Sad

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 14

This incident was unbelievable, and that it took the CEO three tries before saying he was sorry is even more so. I guess now people should take along helmets and mouth guards?

Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 14

This is very upsetting. He is a senior citizen, one of our own, and he should never have been manhandled and treated that way. Whatever happened to customers are always right? So, the United Airlines' playbook has this scenario, where they had the right to randomly bodily remove an already seated passenger from the plane, if it's over booked?

Something fishy going on here. Why did the crewmen have to make that particular flight? Was it a scheduling conflict, United's fault? If the crewman took a later flight, will they still make their flight? No one probably asked that question, still United's fault, even if they're a little late, should not have upset the passengers. So the cap on the offer to find a volunteer is 1000, so they couldn't have sweeten it a bit more, since obviously everybody has a price, and apparently so does United, so it's still United's fault. They overbooked, think it's just an excuse, since they already seated the passengers so they would know who had priorities before yanking them from their seat, still United's fault. If you seat them, then there should be no Indian giving. I would think they should remove standby passengers, since they weren't originally scheduled on the flight. Was it truly random, or did they have a built in resentment for seniors and/or Asians?

I will not be flying on United Airlines anytime soon, unless that's the only airline available. Then I will need to wear full body padding and a helmet, in case I get mistreated this way.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 14

@TxGrandpa2 - Thanks for the clarification! I wonder how many people will try to switch to another airline, after this happened .. both because they don't trust United, and to make a statement. Too many people today have forgotten that expression, "Engage brain before opening mouth" .. their CEO must be a fool, and if this were Japan, you know what they'd expect him to do next.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Now until February 11, play this classic game online at AARP. Get in the game and play now.

jeopardy for aarp logo

Top Authors