Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Jewish activists

Message 21 of 27

Jewish activists form protective barrier around Muslims as they protest in front of Trump Tower | Th...

Why did those Jews and Muslims band together?

Jews, and Muslims have common enemies - trump, pence, and their vile, despicable, prejudiced, bigoted, racist followers.

Mainstream moderate Christians who support and defend constitutional decisions and the lawful constitutional rights of people who do not necessarily believe as they do to live their lives in their own ways - are also realizing that trump, pence and all their vile, despicable, prejudiced, bigoted, racist followers are enemies of not only the Constitution, but are implacable enemies of moderate religious beliefs and non-fundamentalist lifestyles as well.

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 27

NM--Ironic, isn't it that those who are being subjected to so much hatred, are, in return, showing so much compassion and love. 

gruffstuff--wonderful article!!  Thank you!  Nice to see a bright spot when the trump administration emits so much darkness.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 27

So, are you seeing that American Jews are becoming concerned with Trump's actions. and how they are going to affect Israel?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 27

@gruffstuff wrote:

Jewish activists form protective barrier around Muslims as they protest in front of Trump Tower

After the prayers, the protesters shared a meal including rice, chicken and pizza

Muslims kneeling to pray as part of a protest in front of Trump Tower in New York were joined by Jewish supporters who formed a protective barrier around the crowd.

That is because Muslims and Jews have a common enemy in the persona of the base that voted for Donald Trump.

His minions see nothing wrong with Trump's Muslim ban, his attack on the Gold Star family, his attempt to implement a "database" of Muslims, his claim of Muslims celebrating September 11th. His base sees nothing wrong with Ben Carson claiming Islam isn't a religion or Jeff Sessions accepting awards from anti-Muslim hate groups, or Steve Bannon praising Robert Spencer, the infamous alt-right anti-Muslim racist.

Trump's base also sees nothing wrong in the rise of Nazi imagery since Trump's election. They defended Trump's purposeful omission of JEWS from remarks about the Holocaust. They relish the anti-Semitic imagery of the Star of David and the hundred dollar bills used in the campaign. They are all for the White Supremacist media that was given press credentials to campaign events while legitimate media outlets were excluded.

Trump will continue to play to his base in everything he does.

Even now, with the Paris Accords, Trump is siding with the 3% of "scientists" who believe that global warming doesn't exist while 97% believe the earth is in great danger. Why? Because his base doesn't believe in science.

You will see closer and closer relationships between Muslims, Jews, and other disaffected groups as time goes on as this administration has the most right wing stance of any administration ever in U.S. history and with that comes the racist elements of Trump's base.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 27

@gruffstuff wrote:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/jewish-people-form-protective-barrier-around-muslim...

Jewish activists form protective barrier around Muslims as they protest in front of Trump Tower

After the prayers, the protesters shared a meal including rice, chicken and pizza

Muslims kneeling to pray as part of a protest in front of Trump Tower in New York were joined by Jewish supporters who formed a protective barrier around the crowd.

Any unity which doesn't have its origin in the multitudes is tyranny.

Blaise Pasc

It gives me great pleasure to see many Jewish Americans that have not fallen for this despot that we have for President. I have been a continuous critic of Netanyahum but now, I am seeing his point, and yes, Israelis should be concerned. If Trump is buddy with Putin, there is no love lost between Putin and Israel. therefore, they are now in a very precarious situation in the Middle East. and of course, many here are not seeing that Trump is playing them.
Perhaps, some will beging to see the reality of what is happening. and start by opposing this mad man.
I am glad that many are waking up. I realize that they many wanted to see the capital of Israel moving to Jerusalem but now, he just signed that this won't happen for another 6 months, and then, we will see what happens.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 27

Yup.  I just happen to work at a place where I'd say at least half my coworkers are Jewish.  I live in an area that has a large Jewish community.   Nobody in my life, and I mean nobody, has been more active and outspoken about civil rights for Muslims than my Jewish friends and colleagues.  I am eternally grateful.  

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Jewish activists

Message 27 of 27

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/jewish-people-form-protective-barrier-around-muslim...

Any unity which doesn't have its origin in the multitudes is tyranny.

Blaise Pasc

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors