Medicare open enrollment has begun! Learn all about it in AARP's guide to Medicare made easy.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Jerusalem deaths...I mean...who could have seen THAT coming?

Message 21 of 64

@ChasKy53wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

My travel history is irrelevent. Let's face it, some post "I saw on TV last" night as proof of something. Surely, the situation in Israel is and has been amply reported so that even "us" should be aware of it. It and newspapers over the years are the source of my information.

So you use "newspapers over the years" as your source?  Care to be more specific?  Be careful and not use sources that have been called "fake news" so often by the Right.

I'm not sure if that is:

1. "Yeah, me too";

2. Schoolyard ganging up;

3. Or just plain childish.

....but it certainly has nothing to do with the topic.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 64

@creppelrmwrote:

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

@Richvawrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@Richvawrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@john258wrote:

There is a story floating around today that our Embassy in Jerusalem really will not be in operation until after Trumps first term is over. They say what happened this week was all fake to make Trump look good. We all know this building was our consulate and the story said it will remain that way for the next few years. Did anyone see or have information on this story.

Any adult understands that there is a process involved and, as in any situation, the process starts with step one. Step one has been taken.

However, the definition of a process is a repeatable set of defined steps.  As he has done here, Trump has consistently shown that he is only capable of mapping out one step without a goal, plan, or policy.   It would be nice if this were a process but Trump consistently executes random acts like this usually based on whatever was on Fox & Friends that morning.  We are no longer any sort of mediator in this conflict. We are simply a supplier for Israel. 

That is a nonsensical assumption regularly made by the Trump haters - and, of course, a mention of the other obsession Fox.

Since the "negotiate from weakness just to get an agreement" approach has failed in the past, he is establishing the new guidelines. That is an essential step one.

"Negotiate from weakness" seems to be the Trump philosophy. He certainly does not have a policy.  I would point out that he is the only president ever to cave to North Korea and give them a summit without preconditions and then they pulled his pants down for him.  Conservatives have a different definition of strength. Liberals do not consider trying to negotiate with your pants around your ankles to be strength.  

Trump just got back three hostages yet you call him weak. without knowing the endgame. We know Obama's endgame - do nothing. I guess liberals prefer "do nothing" (the epitome of weakness) over try something new.

Obama got seven hostages from N.K. but you know nothing about that do you.  In a few years it won't matter anyway the Republican Party will be a thing of the past.

Provide link to Obama getting seven hostages from N Korea please. I think you might be confused. Obama paid for hostages held by Iran!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 64

@rk9152wrote:

My travel history is irrelevent. Let's face it, some post "I saw on TV last" night as proof of something. Surely, the situation in Israel is and has been amply reported so that even "us" should be aware of it. It and newspapers over the years are the source of my information.

So you use "newspapers over the years" as your source?  Care to be more specific?  Be careful and not use sources that have been called "fake news" so often by the Right.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 64

@john258wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@john258wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@john258wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@gruffstuffwrote:

Actually, the Hamas message of "Charge - everything will be fine" didn't work out well for anyone except Hamas who got the publicity and support they wanted from the MSM.

As if the brutality of the Israeli occupation of Palestine not well known, killing and brutalizing Palestinians in Israel and Palestine is nothing new.

In this instance the world was able to see it, most of the time they don't.

Yes, the Israelis do deal firmly (brutal to you) to bombers, knifers, fire starters, attackers of civilians, etc. However, peaceful Palestinians are better off in Israel than neighboring Arab nations.

Please explain that to us, and tell us when you were in Israel to learn all about that.

I'm not sure which point is confusing "us". Do "us" think that in Israel there are not bombers, knifers, attacks on civilians, etc. - or do "us" think that the perps are not dealt with firmly.

Or possibly "us" thinks that Palestinians are treated better in the nations that have rejected them than in Israel.

Since you are such an expert on this subject tell us when you were in Israel and saw or had Israel Citizens tell you that. When did you meet Palestinians who live in Nations other that Israel who told you that.

I still cannot tell which statement "us" is disputing.

Just tell us when you were in Israel, and other Middle East Nations and talked to the people you got your information from. Simple.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 64

@Richvawrote:

In this case, the "us" would be the slightly slow conservatives who made the original statement about how much better Palestinians have been under Israel than anywhere else.  I say slow because starvation and being shot is usually not considered an upgrade by anyone other than a conservative. 

32462584_1709436965803174_7548384217898418176_n.jpg

Overlooking the highly offensive anti-Semitic cartoon(?), do you really know of cases of Palestinians being shot merely because they were Palestinians - or of them being starved?

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 64

This has been brewing since the end of WW1 when the land was taken from the

Arabs and given to the Jews by the English and French.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 64

@rk9152wrote:

@john258wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@john258wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@gruffstuffwrote:

Actually, the Hamas message of "Charge - everything will be fine" didn't work out well for anyone except Hamas who got the publicity and support they wanted from the MSM.

As if the brutality of the Israeli occupation of Palestine not well known, killing and brutalizing Palestinians in Israel and Palestine is nothing new.

Yes, the Israelis do deal firmly (brutal to you) to bombers, knifers, fire starters, attackers of civilians, etc. However, peaceful Palestinians are better off in Israel than neighboring Arab nations.

Please explain that to us, and tell us when you were in Israel to learn all about that.

I'm not sure which point is confusing "us". Do "us" think that in Israel there are not bombers, knifers, attacks on civilians, etc. - or do "us" think that the perps are not dealt with firmly.

Or possibly "us" thinks that Palestinians are treated better in the nations that have rejected them than in Israel.

Since you are such an expert on this subject tell us when you were in Israel and saw or had Israel Citizens tell you that. When did you meet Palestinians who live in Nations other that Israel who told you that.

Just tell us when you were in Israel, and other Middle East Nations and talked to the people you got your information from. Simple.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 64

@rk9152wrote:

@john258wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@john258wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@gruffstuffwrote:

In this case, the "us" would be the slightly slow conservatives who made the original statement about how much better Palestinians have been under Israel than anywhere else.  I say slow because starvation and being shot is usually not considered an upgrade by anyone other than a conservative. 

32462584_1709436965803174_7548384217898418176_n.jpg

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 64

@john258wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@john258wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@gruffstuffwrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 64

@rk9152wrote:

@john258wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@gruffstuffwrote:

Kudos
Views