Learn how to use Uber, Lyft and other ride-sharing services!  Register now for a free AARP webinar Nov. 18.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Jeffrey Epstein had several broken neck bones

Message 1 of 13

Perhaps there could be a thorough investigation.

Pictures of the cell and the crime scene would be nice, an explanation of how he hanged himself, how the noose was made, what it was made of, what it was attached to.

Epstein had to generate a lot of force to break bones in his neck, but he also had to have died of strangulation if the neck break didn't kill him. 

There also had to have been video of the traffic in the area, cameras at doors if not the cell area itself.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 13

@TracyofCotuit wrote:
And prisoners are never killed while in prison....
I don't know if he paid someone to do it for him, or someone did it for someone else, but I don't buy that this guy killed himself.

It's difficutl for me to believe he killed himself before he even went to trial.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 13

I understand the neck bones were broken with very tiny hands. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 13

Perhaps there could be a thorough investigation. Once again barr is inserting himself to oversee this incident...that in itself raises questions. Not only the questions concerning the particular broken bone, but does anyone else find it to be particularly convienent for the guards to be “asleep” while the homicide / suicide took place. 

Due to the number of people that might benefit from epstein’s death, this case still smells a little fishy to me. 

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 13
And prisoners are never killed while in prison....
I don't know if he paid someone to do it for him, or someone did it for someone else, but I don't buy that this guy killed himself.
Sir Granny Tracy
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 13

Prisoners showing signs of suicide are given PAPER clothing and sheets.

If this was the case with Epstein, how did he break his neck with a piece of paper?

If he did NOT have paper clothes and sheets, WHY NOT?

Also, a broken hyoid bone is considered by pathologists to be clear marker for the victim having been strangled from someone standing in front of them as that injury is almost impossible to produce from being "hanged" in a suicide. Early reports said Epstein had bruising on his neck, but later reports omit mention of any such "wounds". Did Barr have the later reports redacted so they more closely resemble his version of the Mueller Report instead of reality?

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 13

According to the NYT, " he appeared to have tied a bedsheet to the top of a set of bunk beds, then knelt toward the floor with enough force that he broke several bones in his neck, officials said"

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 13

I don't think the broken hyoid bone is so unusual. A broken hyoid bone can occur from both suicide by hanging or strangulation, and in either case it occurs more often in older individuals, which Epstein was.

They say he used his bedsheet which he tied to the upper bunk in his cell. I'm thinking he must have then jumped, which which would have been most efficient.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 13

Thanks for posting this topic. I read about his very early this morning and was going to post it. It does say that these bones being broken are most often caused by an act of someone strangling a person, most often not by suicide.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 13

@ManicProgressive wrote:

That is interesting. I worked in a jail. Been in many (as an employee). Smiley Happy They improve architecture all the time to reduce tie off points, but people with lots of time on their hands are creative. A person can actually “hang” themselves sideways on the floor to the point of cutting off the airway. But the broken bones are interesting. Not a doctor, so I really can’t comment on that. But it does sound odd. 

It sounds very odd. How could these bones get broken without the force of gravity by hanging one's self from the ceiling? Seems those bones wouldn't be broken from hanging one's self on the floor, vertical, or even from another means without that blunt force.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors