Getting ready to enroll in Medicare? AARP’s Medicare Made Easy has the resources you need to help you make the right choices.

Reply
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
231
Views

Re: Jaywalking Sentence - Being Choked to Near Death

231 Views
Message 71 of 81

@rk9152wrote:

Considering the "white guilt" and hatred for the police on the part of some I wonder if the incident would have made the boards were the cop black and the dead guy white.

 

Oh, how quaint.  The poster who claims he can't read minds, now claims he knows the guilt and hate others feel.  Laughable and hypocritical.  Worthy of a LMAO is the obvious fact the poster has no clue what this topic is about, so he just blindly posts his hateful rhetoric. To wit, in this case there is no "dead guy".  The far-right wing is just immune to police killings they assume any interaction is deadly.

 

 Image result for that's funny obama

 

 

The first post did make a point of the races.  They usually don't.  The far-right often assumes race is an issue.  It's "white guilt"......


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
231
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
240
Views

Re: Jaywalking Sentence - Being Choked to Near Death

240 Views
Message 72 of 81

My spin is that laws against jaywalking and their enforcement are anti-libertarian.  The main purpose of such laws is to protect each individual from his or her self.  Libertarians are against such laws.  Some Republicans, e.g., Chris Christie, are anti-libertarian, and some, e.g., Rand Paul, are libertarian, but, as a whole, Republicans are more libertarian than Democrats.  Thus, it is mostly the Democrats who want to save individuals from themselves with laws against jaywalking, mandatory seat belts, etc..

 

To point out the obvious, this death wouldn't have happened had there been no law against jaywalking.  Thus, anti-libertarian lawmakers, mostly Democrats, are to blame.  And, the money that would have been saved by not enforcing such laws would be better spent by protecting people from other people. 

Old Witch
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
240
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
239
Views

Re: Jaywalking Sentence - Being Choked to Near Death

239 Views
Message 73 of 81

Considering the "white guilt" and hatred for the police on the part of some I wonder if the incident would have made the boards were the cop black and the dead guy white.

 

The first post did make a point of the races.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
239
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
270
Views

Re: Jaywalking Sentence - Being Choked to Near Death

270 Views
Message 74 of 81

@Centristsin2010wrote:

 

Maybe you can get this topic closed on your own....

 

 


Still can't accept personal responsibility can you?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
270
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
271
Views

Re: Jaywalking Sentence - Being Choked to Near Death

271 Views
Message 75 of 81

Maybe you can get this topic closed on your own....

 

Ta-ta....


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
271
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
278
Views

Re: Jaywalking Sentence - Being Choked to Near Death

278 Views
Message 76 of 81

@Centristsin2010wrote:

 

And the baiting and the attempted lame personal attacks continue....

 

What a joke....


Baiting and attempted personal attack?  You must be kidding!!!  Engaging in discussion is a personal attack just because one doesn't agree with your point of view?  

 

Joke?  Your continued LOLs?  Your continued expecting others to having perfect grammar?  

 

Besides you can't even stay on your own topic...

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
278
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
283
Views

Re: Jaywalking Sentence - Being Choked to Near Death

283 Views
Message 77 of 81

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

North Carolina, the Tarheel State.  Goes to show that there is (sic) incidents like this in EVERY STATE.

 

LOL.....one state and you claim EVERY STATE.....too funny.  Fact is, police in many, many jurisdictions use unnecessary force....that's the problem.  Fortunately for this victim, he has not made the Washington Posts database yet.


 


I claim every state?  Yes, can you prove that there is not racism in every state?  What about the poster from North Carolina who makes it a career here posting about another state?  You just posted an incident that came to your attention.

 

Or about the state you live in?  There has been, and is many racial incidents there.  There is plenty to LOL about your reply, along with your usual (sic) insertion.  What about where you grew up?  I read about plenty of incidents there.

 

And the baiting and the attempted lame personal attacks continue....

 

What a joke....


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
283
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
285
Views

Re: Jaywalking Sentence - Being Choked to Near Death

285 Views
Message 78 of 81

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

North Carolina, the Tarheel State.  Goes to show that there is (sic) incidents like this in EVERY STATE.

 

LOL.....one state and you claim EVERY STATE.....too funny.  Fact is, police in many, many jurisdictions use unnecessary force....that's the problem.  Fortunately for this victim, he has made the Washington Posts database yet.


 


I claim every state?  Yes, can you prove that there is not racism in every state?  What about the poster from North Carolina who makes it a career here posting about another state?  You just posted an incident that came to your attention.

 

Or about the state you live in?  There has been, and is many racial incidents there.  There is plenty to LOL about your reply, along with your usual (sic) insertion.  What about where you grew up?  I read about plenty of incidents there.

 

 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
285
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
276
Views

Re: Jaywalking Sentence - Being Choked to Near Death

276 Views
Message 79 of 81

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

North Carolina, the Tarheel State.  Goes to show that there is (sic) incidents like this in EVERY STATE.

 

LOL.....one state and you claim EVERY STATE.....too funny.  Fact is, police in many, many jurisdictions use unnecessary force....that's the problem.  Fortunately for this victim, he has not made the Washington Posts database yet.


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
276
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
289
Views

Re: Jaywalking Sentence - Being Choked to Near Death

289 Views
Message 80 of 81

North Carolina, the Tarheel State.  Goes to show that there is incidents like this in EVERY STATE.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
289
Views