Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Jaywalking Sentence - Being Choked to Near Death

Message 41 of 81

@aruzinskywrote:

Federal seat belt laws require manufacturers to install seat belts in motor vehicles.  No federal law requires drivers to use them.  Giving drivers the choice to use them is libertarian.  Every state except New Hampshire has a law that requires drivers to use seat belts, which is anti-libertarian.

No state seatbelt law has been successfully overturned using libertarian arguments - and probably never will be overturned with libertarian arguments...

Shouldn't persons not wearing seatbelts and motorcyclists not wearing helmets automatically become organ donors if killed in an accident?

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 81

@aruzinskywrote:

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@aruzinskywrote:

I'm sorry, I confused "nearly dead" with "barely dead" because black lives don't matter.

Do you have anything intelligent to say about the libertarian aspects of this case?

Doubtful if it would have mattered if both was Black, or Black Cop/White Victim, etc.  Just the dissension matters.  He failed to acknowldge that both a cop and the victim admitted they did wrong.

Didn't fit his agenda.

But, it's not morally wrong to jaywalk.  It's even legal to jaywalk in England.  I often jaywalk and have never been punished.  

Again, I would agree with Aruse.  The race baiting by the other?  Not so much.  Darn Aruse, that's two in a row....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 81

@aruzinskywrote:

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@aruzinskywrote:

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@aruzinskywrote:

To point out the obvious, this death wouldn't have happened had there been no law against jaywalking.  Thus, anti-libertarian lawmakers, mostly Democrats, are to blame.  And, the money that would have been saved by not enforcing such laws would be better spent by protecting people from other people. 

"TO POINT OUT THE OBVIOUS"  ....LOL!!!  Do the self-anointed intelligentsia of the far-right actually READ????  The reflexive posting without having any clue what the topic is about is.....quite pathetic.  "This death"?  There was no death.....this time.

Related image

I'm sorry, I confused "nearly dead" with "barely dead" because black lives don't matter.  Another racist comment from a far-right wing extremist.

Do you have anything intelligent to say about the libertarian aspects of this case?  No, because YOU didn't.  Your faux rant ignored Reagan's part in demanding seat belt laws.  He was such a flaming Lib, ya know?

Image result for judy gif

Federal seat belt laws require manufacturers to install seat belts in motor vehicles.  No federal law requires drivers to use them.  Giving drivers the choice to use them is libertarian.  Every state except New Hampshire has a law that requires drivers to use seat belts, which is anti-libertarian.

I would agree with that.  And you not once claimed the Dems were responsible.  Good job....now your getting it.  Facts matter!

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 81

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@aruzinskywrote:

I'm sorry, I confused "nearly dead" with "barely dead" because black lives don't matter.

Do you have anything intelligent to say about the libertarian aspects of this case?

Doubtful if it would have mattered if both was Black, or Black Cop/White Victim, etc.  Just the dissension matters.  He failed to acknowldge that both a cop and the victim admitted they did wrong.

Didn't fit his agenda.

But, it's not morally wrong to jaywalk.  It's even legal to jaywalk in England.  I often jaywalk and have never been punished.  

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 81

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@aruzinskywrote:

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@aruzinskywrote:

To point out the obvious, this death wouldn't have happened had there been no law against jaywalking.  Thus, anti-libertarian lawmakers, mostly Democrats, are to blame.  And, the money that would have been saved by not enforcing such laws would be better spent by protecting people from other people. 

"TO POINT OUT THE OBVIOUS"  ....LOL!!!  Do the self-anointed intelligentsia of the far-right actually READ????  The reflexive posting without having any clue what the topic is about is.....quite pathetic.  "This death"?  There was no death.....this time.

Related image

I'm sorry, I confused "nearly dead" with "barely dead" because black lives don't matter.  Another racist comment from a far-right wing extremist.

Do you have anything intelligent to say about the libertarian aspects of this case?  No, because YOU didn't.  Your faux rant ignored Reagan's part in demanding seat belt laws.  He was such a flaming Lib, ya know?

Image result for judy gif

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 81

“Christopher Hickman’s actions violated the Asheville Police Department’s vision that all people are treated with dignity and respect. These actions have damaged the progress that the Asheville Police Department has made in the last several years in improving community trust.”

I wish all police departments had this vision.  TemperMental has seemed to work with several PD's that exemplify this vision in their hiring practices, as have family members of several other posters posting here.

It sure seems like a reasonable vision, don't you think?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 81

@alferdpackerwrote:

Many employers will not hire an applicant whose application contains spelling, usage and grammar errors - it is seen as an inability to appropriately attend to details that would adversely affect job performance...

But of course none of these posts are employment applications are they?   In non-formal situations relaxed pronunciation is not a requirement. 

Back 40 years ago when I was dealing with official correspondence I carefully checked over my grammar and spelling; but now I only do so when dealing with business or formal occasions.

These discussions are meant to be informal and not classroom perfect.  Although there are some who appears to use corrections in order to go after others.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 81

@alferdpackerwrote:

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

Additionally, no one is interested in your calling older folk on their spelling or grammar errors.

Many employers will not hire an applicant whose application contains multiple spelling, usage and grammar errors.

Many people will question the ability of those who don't spell correctly and use grammar correctly to accurately parse the details and niceties of logic...

Would one wear tattered coveralls and a ragged flannel shirt  and work boots to a formal occasion and expect to be thought of the same as if one had worn appropriate formal wear?

The same applies to spelling and language...

Appearances DO matter...

One will note that when posting on this forum most aren't applying for a job, but I do notice one poster who actually enjoys pointing out the most trivial errors (usually with a LOL or LMAO) thinking that he is giving out grades like when he taught in school!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 81

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

Additionally, no one is interested in your calling older folk on their spelling or grammar errors.

Many employers will not hire an applicant whose application contains spelling, usage and grammar errors - it is seen as an inability to appropriately attend to details that would adversely affect job performance...

Many people will question the ability of those who don't spell correctly and use grammar correctly to accurately parse the details and niceties of logic...

Would one wear tattered coveralls and a ragged flannel shirt  and work boots to a formal occasion and expect to be thought of the same as if one had worn appropriate formal wear?

The same applies to spelling and language...

Appearances DO matter...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 81

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

If the cop was black and victim white, you wouldn't this forum member posting it!   Quick, someone find the teacher NOT'S been whining about.  He needs a refresher.

It's all about pointing fingers at you and me.  Don't be afraid, they're your fingers....

Image result for point finger three pointing back

Did you finally learn the difference between "your" and "You're"? I hope so since you are quick to point out the most trivial errors - a fault from a previous era (I assume)?

Kudos
Views