Honored Social Butterfly

Jan 20th Explanaton.

I need to someone explain to me what is going to happen on Jan 20th if there is not a final conclusion of these elections.
I have heard that at that time disregarding of what the Supreme Court will decide, the Speaker of the House will take over until a decision is made. I also heard today Nancy Pelosi say today that the House will then decide the elections. but each State will have one vote and at the present there is a 22 to 26 against the Democrats in Congress. so. in this particular case. will Trump win the elections disregarding?

no name
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Doesn't anyone here know the laws and what the Constitution says about any of this?

no name
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

1. According to the 20th Amendment, it doesn't matter if the results are clear. One January 20, if no one qualifies for president, the old president doesn't just carry on in office.

2. Vision 2020: What happens if the US election is contested?
    apnews.com/fa1f88c9ff0681bd78b147137c09b3d9

WASHINGTON (AP) — Is it possible the election will be up in the air and we won’t have a president on Inauguration Day: Jan. 20, 2021? Even if the election is messy and contested in court, the country will have a president on Inauguration Day. The Constitution and federal law ensure it. Here’s what happens after voters go to the polls on ...

Honored Social Butterfly

@JANMB   Am I correct in thinking that Pelosi as the Speaker of the HOuse will be the one that takes over the Presidency? until a result in known? and what about the issue of the count in the House by State and the fact that the Republicans by that vote are in the majority?

no name
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I have been reading must of what happens if no President is chosen by Jan 20th and the complications as to how the Congress has to act and all the articles that will take place, that truly hope that it doesn't happen, Yes, in all probability is can end as a Constitutional crisis

no name
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png