Science is honing in on better ways to treat chronic pain. Read about it in this AARP series.

Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Jamie Closs Found Alive in the Sheriffs Office

Message 1 of 8

Suspect arrested in Jayme Closs identified as Jake Patterson was hiding in the home he grew up in

Suspect arrested in Jayme Closs identified as Jake Patterson was hiding in the home he grew up in

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 8

Northern Wisconsin residents describe the moments they found Jayme Closs

Three people east of Gordon, Wis., described the dramatic moments when the 13-year-old was found almost three months after she disappeared: dirty with matted hair and wearing shoes too big for her. 

Jayme Closs, the 13-year-old girl missing since her parents were shot to death in their Barron, Wis., home three months ago, was found bedraggled and malnourished but alive Thursday after seeking help from neighbors in a remote rural area in northwestern Wisconsin.

Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald announced late Thursday afternoon that his agency had been notified by the sheriff in Douglas County, two counties to the north, that Jayme had been found there.

According to the Douglas County sheriff, Jayme was found east of the town of Gordon at 4:43 p.m. Thursday, and a suspect was arrested minutes later. She was being examined at a hospital late Thursday night and was to be reunited with family members.

Before dawn Friday in Barron, the Dairy Queen sign was flashing, "Welcome home Jayme. Thank you for bringing her home."

Some of the cars passing the Barron County Justice Center honked as they drove by, apparently in celebration of Jayme’s return.  

Residents of an area of woods and cabins about 9 miles east of Gordon described the dramatic moment when Jayme was found. Kristin Kasinskas, a teacher at the nearby Northwood School who lives on S. Eau Claire Acres Circle with her husband, Peter, and children, said that around 4 p.m., a neighbor walking a dog frantically knocked on their door.

Standing with her was a skinny, dirty girl with matted hair, wearing shoes too big for her feet.

“This is Jayme Closs! Call 911!” the neighbor said.

Jayme was quiet, her emotions “pretty flat,” Peter Kasinskas said.

The woman who found Jayme asked that her name not be used, saying she was exhausted and unnerved by the dramatic events of the day. In a phone interview late Thursday, she said that Jayme “came up to me and said she wanted help.”

She said she was pretty sure who the girl was, adding that most everyone who lives in Wisconsin has seen Jayme’s photo on the news or on posters hung up by businesses.

Any doubt the woman had was erased when Jayme gave her name. The two quickly made their way to the Kasinskas home.

In the 20 minutes Jayme was in their home, the couple tried to make her feel more comfortable, they said. They offered her water and food, but she declined both. Kristin introduced Jayme to their new puppy, Penny.

more if you click on this link from the StarTribune:  Northern Wisconsin residents describe the moments they found Jayme Closs

Or.....watch the news conference as RT pointed out.

The trolls are suggesting this is a "parents disn't approve of her relationship case so they killed her parents and ran off together case.  I sure hope the trolls are wrong as they usually are....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 8

@Soosie wrote:
Cent, Thanks for the update, but I don't stay in this group all the time. I am sure I miss some things, thankfully.

Soo, it's my pleasure.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 8

"....Jayme Closs, the 13-year-old girl who disappeared in mid-October when her parents were murdered inside their Wisconsin home, was found alive late Thursday....".

There will be a news conference 11:00, Eastern, today. The story I heard is that someone walking a dog saw her coming out of some woods, in a town about 70 miles away.

More to come.........

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 8
Cent, Thanks for the update, but I don't stay in this group all the time. I am sure I miss some things, thankfully.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 8

@Soosie wrote:
I read this twice. I don't see anything in the story that says she was found in the Sheriff's office. The title seems misleading.

You would have seen it had you checked the link last night when this was posted....it was rather bizarre so that why it was posted here as such.  We had a few neighbors over last night watching the hockey game (Go Wild) and I was scanning the news.....and we got a kick out of it.  One couple called their son-in-law who participated in the search and said, "Sean, did you ever look in the sheriffs office?"  We're glad to learn she was found, alive and seemingly in good shape, but the article was worth a good chuckle.  It should be noted that the article was updated about 38 minutes after it was posted here....

But thanks for your concern.....

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 8
I read this twice. I don't see anything in the story that says she was found in the Sheriff's office. The title seems misleading.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

Jamie Closs Found Alive in the Sheriffs Office

Message 8 of 8

Jayme Closs, missing Wisconsin teen, found alive after almost three months

Image result for jayme closs

Jayme Closs, the 13-year-old girl who disappeared in mid-October when her parents were murdered inside their Wisconsin home, was found alive late Thursday.

Closs was found by the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office Thursday evening (say what???), more than three months after she went missing.Residents of Barron, Wisconsin, never gave up on Closs’ return, but family and friends held in mid-December as leads into her whereabouts remained thin.

A suspect was taken into custody, according to the Barron County Sheriff’s Department.

“We want to especially thank the family for their support and patience while this case was ongoing,” Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald said in a statement.

“We promised to bring Jayme home and tonight we get to fulfill that promise. From the bottom of my heart THANK YOU!”

Jayme Closs, missing Wisconsin teen, found alive after almost three months

Kudos
Views
Replies