Honored Social Butterfly

James Mattis Describes Trump as a Threat to the Constitution

Looks like no one is keeping quiet about Trump anymore.  Remember how thrilled Trump was to announce that "Mad Dog" Mattis was joining his administration?  Then Mattis turned out to have scruples so that had to end. 

James Mattis, the esteemed Marine general who resigned as secretary of defense in December 2018 to protest Donald Trump’s Syria policy, has, ever since, kept studiously silent about Trump’s performance as president. But he has now broken his silence, writing an extraordinary broadside in which he denounces the president for dividing the nation, and accuses him of ordering the U.S. military to violate the constitutional rights of American citizens.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/06/james-mattis-denounces-trump-protests-militariz... 

Regular Social Butterfly

Sounds like James Mattis didn't approve of obama either.  🤔

From the right: Media Ignores Mattis’ Hit on Obama

Press coverage of Gen. James Mattis’ new memoir, “Call Sign Chaos,” has mostly dealt with the former defense secretary’s relations with President Trump, notes Matthew Continetti at National Review. 

Yet neither piece “mentions another president” Mattis dishes on: Barack Obama. And his critique of Obama “isn’t just harsh. It’s blistering,” says Continetti: Mattis blasts Obama’s decision to pull “all our troops out of Iraq” and to throw then-Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak under the bus. Under Obama, Mattis argues, the US offered “no leadership or direction” and shook “our friends’ confidence” in the US. Mattis offers a “devastating assessment” of Obama’s foreign policy, Continetti sums up; “Maybe we ought to pay attention?”

https://nypost.com/2019/09/06/media-ignores-mattis-hit-on-obama/

TRUMP-PENCE 2020!!! To Save This Country From The Insanity of The Dems!
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

sunlover....tough to stay on topic?  Kinda tough to hear the former and well admired former Defense Secretay shred your cherished POTUS tail.

He is clearly a threat to the Constitution...  

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Regular Social Butterfly

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

sunlover....tough to stay on topic?  Kinda tough to hear the former and well admired former Defense Secretay shred your cherished POTUS tail.

I thought i was addressing the topic. 🤔  Besides, from everything i've seen in these forums, staying on topic is not the rule. lol

I'm used to the haters and jealousy of President Trump.  It's been going on for years...i'm pretty numb to it by now.  

President Trump is the furthest from being a threat to the Constitution then anybody could be, and ya'll know it.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@sunluvngal wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

I thought i(sic) was addressing the topic. 🤔  Besides, from everything i've(sic) seen in these forums, staying on topic is not the rule. lol

I'm used to the haters and jealousy of President Trump.  It's been going on for years...i'm(sic) pretty numb to it by now.  

President Trump is the furthest from being a threat to the Constitution then(sic) anybody could be, and ya'll know it.

"James Mattis describes tRump as a threat to our Constitution"  and Obama or Bush has nothing to do with this topic, so no, bringing them up is not "on topic".

tRump supporters continually try to erroneously label anyone as being a "hater" who disagrees with tRump's action or words or criticize him . Name calling seems to be their only defense, it does little to make a point in a debate, win a debate, or distract from the stupid and damaging things that tRump continues to do. Is James Mattis also a "hater" now?

As far as your "jealous" accusation ..... I can't imagine anyone having "jealousy" for a narcissistic egomaniac with an inferiority complex such as tRump. 

Mattis says that tRump is a threat to our Constitution, I will certainly trust his opinion on that over any average left hating tRump supporters posting in a public political forum.

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly

I thought i was addressing the topic. 

Besides, from everything i've seen in these forums, staying on topic is not the rule. lol Don't be too sure about that most of us do get called when we don't

I'm used to the haters and jealousy of President Trump.  It's been going on for years...i'm pretty numb to it by now.  Let me see. I envy tall and thin women. because I am short and fat. I am jealous of others that I know are better than I am. but for the life of me, I cannot see one thing in which I would like to be like Trump.

President Trump is the furthest from being a threat to the Constitution then anybody could be, and ya'll know it. Let me count the ways in which this President has breached the Constitution, I guess I better re read it again to refresh my mind.

no name
Honored Social Butterfly

@sunluvngal wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

I thought i (sic) was addressing the topic. 🤔 

That's scary...Obama has nothing to do with the topic other than in the fantasies of trump supporters...

Besides, from everything i've (sic) seen in these forums, staying on topic is not the rule. It might be time to update your eyeglass prescription...AARP may have a deal for ya...

I'm used to the haters and jealousy of President Trump.  Jealousy?  LMAO!!!  Haters?  Yeah, many don't love liars, racists, bigots and misogynists....it's odd to many that some embrace these ideals and think others are "jealous".

It's been going on for years...i'm (sic) pretty numb to it by now.  Might be time to wake up...

President Trump is the furthest from being a threat to the Constitution then anybody could be, and ya'll know it.  Prove it....

Trump Is Threatening to Subvert the Constitution

Trump Is Threatening to Subvert the Constitution 

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly

Personally, I have criticized this man for a very long time. because I felt that not speaking out loud about what  this President has been doing to this Democracy was a very bad thing for all.
Finally, he has realized that accountability start with all of those Trump supporters that are seeing what this country is becoming. and if Americans want to preserve their freedoms and a Democratic system they need to speak very loud. before is to late for all of us

no name
Honored Social Butterfly

Get used to it, trump is the problem. 
And please bring yourself forward to current events...do not blame Obama for trump’s deficiencies...trump is currently the president and responsible for Our Nation’s ills. And he is doing terribly!

Honored Social Butterfly

sunluver:   Sounds like James Mattis didn't approve of obama either.  

Gen. Mattis had clashes of opinion with President Bush as well as President Obama about military decisions, but you will notice that he didn't claim that either of them was a threat to the Constitution.

Regular Social Butterfly

Panjandrum wrote:  Gen. Mattis had clashes of opinion with President Bush as well as President Obama about military decisions, but you will notice that he didn't claim that either of them was a threat to the Constitution.🙄

@Panjandrum              lol  🤣   Ya'll are Unbelievable!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@sunluvngal wrote:

Panjandrum wrote:  Gen. Mattis had clashes of opinion with President Bush as well as President Obama about military decisions, but you will notice that he didn't claim that either of them was a threat to the Constitution.🙄

@Panjandrum              lol  🤣   Ya'll are Unbelievable!

Yup .... Ya'll posting well known facts and such like that .... thus "believable"stuff that Trump supporters evidently are unable to counter with anything factual or meaningful!!!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Honored Social Butterfly

@Richva wrote:

Looks like no one is keeping quiet about Trump anymore. 

I know we'll see many more do the same as each hour rump becomes increasingly unhinged.  Not opinions but factual warnings from intelligent sane leaders who do care about the country, its Constitution and ALL people throughout the world.  rumpee's a ME rica I believe will assuredly find him either in a cell or an institution.... any day now.

Social Butterfly

Turns out that Mad Dog Is not a mad dog but a thinking and caring human being.

Five Stars from me.

Esteemed Social Butterfly

I read his statement earlier.  Extraordinary. 👏

"James Madison wrote in Federalist 14 that 'America united with a handful of troops, or without a single soldier, exhibits a more forbidding posture to foreign ambition than America disunited, with a hundred thousand veterans ready for combat.' We do not need to militarize our response to protests. We need to unite around a common purpose. And it starts by guaranteeing that all of us are equal before the law."

Yet, even as it was announced that active military troops would be sent home, Esper reversed his position after a WH meeting and said the troops would remain the D.C. area.

"Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people—does not even pretend to try. Instead he tries to divide us. We are witnessing the consequences of three years of this deliberate effort. We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership. We can unite without him, drawing on the strengths inherent in our civil society. This will not be easy, as the past few days have shown, but we owe it to our fellow citizens; to past generations that bled to defend our promise; and to our children.

We can come through this trying time stronger, and with a renewed sense of purpose and respect for one another. The pandemic has shown us that it is not only our troops who are willing to offer the ultimate sacrifice for the safety of the community. Americans in hospitals, grocery stores, post offices, and elsewhere have put their lives on the line in order to serve their fellow citizens and their country. We know that we are better than the abuse of executive authority that we witnessed in Lafayette Square. We must reject and hold accountable those in office who would make a mockery of our Constitution. At the same time, we must remember Lincoln’s 'better angels,' and listen to them, as we work to unite."

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png