James Clapper: No ‘Smoking Gun’ Evidence

Reply
Trusted Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
246
Views

James Clapper: No ‘Smoking Gun’ Evidence

246 Views
Message 21 of 55

PC, thanks for answering my question, which was how can so many idolize a man who is

  • rude and nasty
  • a huge egomaniac
  • insults everyone who disagrees with him (J. McCain, Megyn Kelly, Jeb Bush, M. Rubio, etc)
  • ignorant of history
  • requires a pledge of loyalty to him as opposed to the Constitution
  • is a pathological Liar
  • changes his position on issues every other day
  • contradicts his own words two days later

 

PC said, "I would have to believe that many of his supporters possess the same character traits as does trump.  Look, not only at some of the posters here, but the scum white nationalists  who have crawled out from under their rocks and slithered out of their caves since trump became a candidate."

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
246
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
239
Views

Re: James Clapper: No ‘Smoking Gun’ Evidence

239 Views
Message 22 of 55

@pc6063 wrote:

Richva--You hit the nail right on the head. It may be easy to deny the incompetence of this president, but the lack of morality is so glaring, that one would have to be blind anf deaf to not see it. 

 It gives me doubts about right wing supporters, and what it means for this country as a whole.


If I understand your point, all this "investigate" jazz is about tying up the Congress and the DOJ looking into perceived "incompetence" and "immorality".

 

Somehow, I don't think that is the official Dems story.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
239
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
232
Views

Re: James Clapper: No ‘Smoking Gun’ Evidence

232 Views
Message 23 of 55

@Richva wrote:

 


There are lots of ways to be incompetent and immoral without violating the law. Trump must have a list because he is sure working diligently to accomplish all of them. Starting with his inability to staff his administration and ending with collusion with the Russian government. 

 

If your only metric is whether something is illegal, I am starting to understand the lack of patriotism on the right. 

 

Considering your statement and Clapper's statement there is apparently no violation of law - so what is being accused here? "Immorality" - see the priest in the confessional.


 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
232
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
270
Views

Re: James Clapper: No ‘Smoking Gun’ Evidence

270 Views
Message 24 of 55

@pc6063 wrote:

Richva--You hit the nail right on the head. It may be easy to deny the incompetence of this president, but the lack of morality is so glaring, that one would have to be blind anf deaf to not see it. 

 It gives me doubts about right wing supporters, and what it means for this country as a whole.


I can see Trump entertaining the Russian ambassador by tossing American flags into the roaring fireplace. After all, it is not illegal so all is well, right?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
270
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
274
Views

Re: James Clapper: No ‘Smoking Gun’ Evidence

274 Views
Message 25 of 55

@Snoopy48 wrote:

While Clapper may not have saw the "smoking gun" they were well aware that the Russians were interfering in our election in a big way.

 


Clapper previously testified before a Senate judiciary subcommittee that he was not aware of any evidence demonstrating collusion between President Donald Trump's campaign and Russia — but he also said he had been unaware of an FBI investigation into the matter until former FBI Director James Comey announced it publicly at a House hearing in March.
"Are you 100% sure that Russia was behind the election meddling that you described," Cuomo asked Clapper Tuesday.
"Absolutely," Clapper responded. "The evidence, which unfortunately we could not detail in our intelligence community assessment, was, in my view, overwhelming. And that is why the assessment that we did enjoyed such a high confidence level."

 

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/30/politics/clapper-russia-election-meddling-cnntv/


So Clapper, whose organization is forbidden by law from investigating American citizens in America, DID NOT KNOW the FBI was investigating Trump and his staff, Republicans want to claim Clapper gave donnyboy a clean bill of health on the Russia matter?

 

No surprise - these are the same bag of deplorables who think Benghazi was a worse disaster than the two endless Wars jrbush started by LYING to everyone involved.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
274
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
269
Views

Re: James Clapper: No ‘Smoking Gun’ Evidence

269 Views
Message 26 of 55

Amazing. The FORMER head of National Intelligence found irrefutable proof Russians interferred in the election IN TRUMPS FAVOR but since in the very early stages of the investigation of the Russian involvement, he did NOT see "any DIRECT evidence Trump himself was involved" GOPers take that as somehow proving he was not involved.

 

NEWS FLASH: Nixon was nowhere near the Watergate Apartrments when the DNC was burgled. That does NOT mean he was NOT involved up to his eyeballs. Nixon was and they proved it, Trump was and they'll prove it.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
269
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
269
Views

Re: James Clapper: No ‘Smoking Gun’ Evidence

269 Views
Message 27 of 55

@CriticalThinking wrote:

"the person or persons that LEAKED CLASSIFIED INFORMATION."

 

Donald Trump released classified Israeli intelligence to the Russians.

Donald Trump released the secret location of U.S. Subarmines who are monitoring North Korea.


The problem for America is REpublicans simply DO NOT CARE what damage their gutless draftdodging preppytwit does to National Security, so long as he builds that wall and bans those Muslims.

 

There are more of us then there are of them, the difference is THEY ALWAYS VOTE.

 

So anyone who is disgusted with Der Trumper and his Amature Hour Administration should just SHOW UP AND VOTE in 2018. You can be certain all the Trumpettes will.

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
269
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
240
Views

Re: James Clapper: No ‘Smoking Gun’ Evidence

240 Views
Message 28 of 55

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Hey PC, take politics and political positions out of the equaton. How can so many people idolize a man who is:

 

  • rude and nasty
  • a huge egomaniac
  • insults everyone who disagrees with him (J. McCain, Megyn Kelly, Jeb Bush, M. Rubio, etc)
  • ignorant of history
  • requires a pledge of loyalty to him as opposed to the Constitution
  • is a pathological Liar
  • changes his position on issues every other day
  • contradicts his own words two days later

CT - I believe the answer is "a real bag of deplorables" who elected one of their own. Thanks Hillary Haters for not cowboying up when we needed you.

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
240
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
244
Views

Re: James Clapper: No ‘Smoking Gun’ Evidence

244 Views
Message 29 of 55

Oh Crit, the questions you ask! Well, here is my answer.  I would have to believe that many of his supporters possess the same character traits as does trump.  Look, not only at some of the posters here, but the scum white nationalists  who have crawled out from under their rocks and slithered out of their caves since trump became a candidate.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
244
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
252
Views

James Clapper: No ‘Smoking Gun’ Evidence

252 Views
Message 30 of 55

Hey PC, take politics and political positions out of the equaton. How can so many people idolize a man who is:

 

  • rude and nasty
  • a huge egomaniac
  • insults everyone who disagrees with him (J. McCain, Megyn Kelly, Jeb Bush, M. Rubio, etc)
  • ignorant of history
  • requires a pledge of loyalty to him as opposed to the Constitution
  • is a pathological Liar
  • changes his position on issues every other day
  • contradicts his own words two days later
Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
252
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Now until February 11, play this classic game online at AARP. Get in the game and play now.


jeopardy for aarp logo

Top Authors