Become a safer, more confident driver with the AARP Smart Driver course! Use the promo code VET and save 25% during November.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: James Clapper: No ‘Smoking Gun’ Evidence

Message 11 of 55

@CriticalThinking wrote:

How can so many idolize a man who is

• rude and nasty
  • a huge egomaniac
  • insults everyone who disagrees with him (J. McCain, Megyn Kelly, Jeb Bush, M. Rubio, etc)
  • ignorant of history
  • requires a pledge of loyalty to him as opposed to the Constitution
  • is a pathological Liar
  • changes his position on issues every other day
  • contradicts his own words two days later

Which of those is the crime under investigation? I expect several responses since at least two posters agree (they kudoed).

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 55

@Richva wrote:

So, we can stop talking about "the collective" like it was the Borg. 

The 'collective' is the Trump supporters who blindly accept and defend anything that Trump does.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 55

@rk9152 wrote:

To me "the wall" is a commitment to national security which was lacking before. Do you think that is a bad thing? The wall is a very bad thing. Yes.  It is not a symbol, it is something Trump wants to build. Horrible idea. 

NATO - the way it is supposed to work is 2% of GDP into national defense - it is the combined efforts that is NATO. That is all he is asking. Problem?? The problem is that Trump has proved he has no idea how this actually works. He has also confronted our allies instead of being diplomatic.  You have heard the expression "won the battle but not the war"? That is what he is doing.  Germany has a HUGE GDP so 2% is quite significant and will cause Merkel some headaches come election time. Trump does not care but he will if he gets someone like Trump who abandons NATO. (Assuming that is not Trump's orders)

I don't know what tires at Costco has with individual rights. You need tires, you by tires - the collective does not buy your tires. Exactly. Healthcare is not done by collectives.  It is insurance and should cover every person who needs it in order to get a fair distribution of costs and the lowest costs. So, we can stop talking about "the collective" like it was the Borg. 

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

James Clapper: No ‘Smoking Gun’ Evidence

Message 14 of 55

How can so many idolize a man who is

• rude and nasty
  • a huge egomaniac
  • insults everyone who disagrees with him (J. McCain, Megyn Kelly, Jeb Bush, M. Rubio, etc)
  • ignorant of history
  • is a pathological Liar

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 55

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@pc6063 wrote:

Oh Crit, the questions you ask! Well, here is my answer.  I would have to believe that many of his supporters possess the same character traits as does trump.  Look, not only at some of the posters here, but the scum white nationalists  who have crawled out from under their rocks and slithered out of their caves since trump became a candidate.

Lacking the ego of some on the left, I do not speak for "them" nor do I claim the mind reading capabilities of our "leftist" posters, so I can only speak for myself. As such, yes, I do share a lot with President Trump but not the neoMarxists - to wit,

I believe any nation is entitled and even required to insure the security of it's borders. I believe in free market capitalism. I believe in individual, not collectivist, rights. I believe in free speech - not "safe zones" or the right to shut down opinions I do not agree with. I believe that NATO nations should adhere to the requirements of spending towards the common defense. I believe that ISIS must be dealt with and I believe in joining with anyone who shares our desire.

And the list goes on....  Is this a bad thing???

The goals are not bad it is the implementation which has been so incompetent. You talk about ISIS but Trump is supporting the Saudis who have been funding (as individuals) ISIS.  You talk about defending the border but Trump talks about a wall which is completely unworkable. You talk about NATO spending but Trump talks about "money flowing into coffers" which is NOT how this works. He just does not understand. 

Bottom line, you are asking for a rational set of policies to achieve defined goals and the Republicans (Trump in particular) have done neither. 

You talk about "collectivism" but I don't think you know what that means.  The Canadian approach to healthcare is more like buying tires at Costco than setting up a collective.  

I don't know what tires at Costco has with individual rights. You need tires, you by tires - the collective does not buy your tires.

As to ISIS - you find support wherever you can. Just imagine if the Wahhabi eaders could be settled down just a bit. You can't always expect 100%. If you can get 51% where you previously had 15%, that is progress.

To me "the wall" is a commitment to national security which was lacking before. Do you think that is a bad thing?

NATO - the way it is supposed to work is 2% of GDP into national defense - it is the combined efforts that is NATO. That is all he is asking. Problem??

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 55

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

"the person or persons that LEAKED CLASSIFIED INFORMATION."

Donald Trump released classified Israeli intelligence to the Russians.

Donald Trump released the secret location of U.S. Subarmines who are monitoring North Korea.

The problem for America is REpublicans simply DO NOT CARE what damage their gutless draftdodging preppytwit does to National Security, so long as he builds that wall and bans those Muslims.

There are more of us then there are of them, the difference is THEY ALWAYS VOTE.

So anyone who is disgusted with Der Trumper and his Amature Hour Administration should just SHOW UP AND VOTE in 2018. You can be certain all the Trumpettes will.

How insulting it is to think that we who are opposed to neoMarxism care about nothing but a wall and Muslims.

It is a big world out there beyond class warfare and envy and there is much that needs attention for the continuation of our constitutionally established nation.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 55

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Hey PC, take politics and political positions out of the equaton. How can so many people idolize a man who is:

• rude and nasty
  • a huge egomaniac
  • ignorant of history
  • is a pathological Liar

CT - I believe the answer is "a real bag of deplorables" who elected one of their own. Thanks Hillary Haters for not cowboying up when we needed you.

Have you considered the possibility that the "deplorables" jazz contributed to her loss? Have you considered the possibility that the "idolized" insulting mindset contributed to her loss?

And, back to the topic - which of your litany of faults is the "crime" in question??

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 55

@rk9152 wrote:

@pc6063 wrote:

Oh Crit, the questions you ask! Well, here is my answer.  I would have to believe that many of his supporters possess the same character traits as does trump.  Look, not only at some of the posters here, but the scum white nationalists  who have crawled out from under their rocks and slithered out of their caves since trump became a candidate.

Lacking the ego of some on the left, I do not speak for "them" nor do I claim the mind reading capabilities of our "leftist" posters, so I can only speak for myself. As such, yes, I do share a lot with President Trump but not the neoMarxists - to wit,

I believe any nation is entitled and even required to insure the security of it's borders. I believe in free market capitalism. I believe in individual, not collectivist, rights. I believe in free speech - not "safe zones" or the right to shut down opinions I do not agree with. I believe that NATO nations should adhere to the requirements of spending towards the common defense. I believe that ISIS must be dealt with and I believe in joining with anyone who shares our desire.

The goals are not bad it is the implementation which has been so incompetent. You talk about ISIS but Trump is supporting the Saudis who have been funding (as individuals) ISIS.  You talk about defending the border but Trump talks about a wall which is completely unworkable. You talk about NATO spending but Trump talks about "money flowing into coffers" which is NOT how this works. He just does not understand. 

Bottom line, you are asking for a rational set of policies to achieve defined goals and the Republicans (Trump in particular) have done neither. 

You talk about "collectivism" but I don't think you know what that means.  The Canadian approach to healthcare is more like buying tires at Costco than setting up a collective.  

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 55

@pc6063 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 55

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Hey PC, take politics and political positions out of the equaton. How can so many people idolize a man who is:

• rude and nasty
  • a huge egomaniac
  • ignorant of history
  • is a pathological Liar

And the crime that is causing all this excitement is....????

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors