Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: James Clapper: No ‘Smoking Gun’ Evidence

Message 1 of 55

@CriticalThinking wrote:

"True - I did not fully respond to all of your points, but remember the topic. it is not Global Warming, it is hatred for our President."

"Yet the topic is Group Mentality hatred here."

"What does health care have to do with the topic of this thread?"

Rich - I'm not sure but I think that ct is explaining why I am not allowed to respond to your posts.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

James Clapper: No ‘Smoking Gun’ Evidence

Message 2 of 55

"True - I did not fully respond to all of your points, but remember the topic. it is not Global Warming, it is hatred for our President."

"Yet the topic is Group Mentality hatred here."

"What does health care have to do with the topic of this thread?"

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 55

@CriticalThinking wrote:

RK wrote, "If, in fact, you are supporting a system whereby expenses are "spread over the entire health class", I will join you in supporting such a system.

But, the healthcare systems being proposed by the Dems here are all "means based", hence..."

As he would say, what does health care have to do with the topic of this thread?

If you are prohibiting me from responding to Rich, would you please inform him. I wouldn't want him to think I was intentionally ignoring him.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 55

RK wrote, "If, in fact, you are supporting a system whereby expenses are "spread over the entire health class", I will join you in supporting such a system.

But, the healthcare systems being proposed by the Dems here are all "means based", hence..."

As he would say, what does health care have to do with the topic of this thread?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 55

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

So, we can stop talking about "the collective" like it was the Borg. 

The 'collective' is the Trump supporters who blindly accept and defend anything that Trump does.

Try to understand the terms being used. "Collective" refers to the "From each....to each...." concept. Agreeing with or disagreeing with a pol involves political ideology.

The From Each, To Each concept is not being applied to any of the developed world healthcare management systems.  I lived in British Columbia and they simply base their premiums on the number of people in the family and taxes pay the rest. We charge a flat rate depending on your health class and spread the expenses over the entire class. 

No collectivism involved. I know this is a fun example but the facts do not bear it out. 

If, in fact, you are supporting a system whereby expenses are "spread over the entire health class", I will join you in supporting such a system.

But, the healthcare systems being proposed by the Dems here are all "means based", hence,"From each....to each....". Agreed??

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 55

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

The 'collective' is the Trump supporters who blindly accept and defend anything that Trump does.

Try to understand the terms being used. "Collective" refers to the "From each....to each...." concept. Agreeing with or disagreeing with a pol involves political ideology.

The From Each, To Each concept is not being applied to any of the developed world healthcare management systems.  I lived in British Columbia and they simply base their premiums on the number of people in the family and taxes pay the rest. We charge a flat rate depending on your health class and spread the expenses over the entire class. 

No collectivism involved. I know this is a fun example but the facts do not bear it out. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 55

@CriticalThinking wrote:

RK, you don't get it. That was NOT a political opinon and it's not about crimes. It's a mystery to me how any decent person could support somone like him. When I saw Trump insulting Megyn Kelly, McCain, Jeb Bush, and John Kasich, I thought it was all over for him. But I was wrong. The people who claim to be the party of family values wholeheartedly support a man who is the worst role model imaginable.

Check the topic.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 55

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

James Clapper: No ‘Smoking Gun’ Evidence

Message 9 of 55

RK, you don't get it. That was NOT a political opinion and it's not about crimes. It's a mystery to me how any decent person could support somone like him. When I saw Trump insulting Megyn Kelly, McCain, Jeb Bush, and John Kasich, I thought it was all over for him. But I was wrong. The people who claim to be the party of family values wholeheartedly support a man who is the worst role model imaginable.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 55

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

To me "the wall" is a commitment to national security which was lacking before. Do you think that is a bad thing? The wall is a very bad thing. Yes.  It is not a symbol, it is something Trump wants to build. Horrible idea. 

To clarify  - are you all for border security and it's just this method you disagree with?

NATO - the way it is supposed to work is 2% of GDP into national defense - it is the combined efforts that is NATO. That is all he is asking. Problem?? The problem is that Trump has proved he has no idea how this actually works. He has also confronted our allies instead of being diplomatic.  You have heard the expression "won the battle but not the war"? That is what he is doing.  Germany has a HUGE GDP so 2% is quite significant and will cause Merkel some headaches come election time. Trump does not care but he will if he gets someone like Trump who abandons NATO. (Assuming that is not Trump's orders)

How it actually works is spelled out in NATO rules - 2% of GDP.

I don't know what tires at Costco has with individual rights. You need tires, you by tires - the collective does not buy your tires. Exactly. Healthcare is not done by collectives.  It is insurance and should cover every person who needs it in order to get a fair distribution of costs and the lowest costs. So, we can stop talking about "the collective" like it was the Borg. 
I didn't throw Costco and tires in. How does "a fair distribution of costs" deal with those who do not contribute without it going the "collective" route.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors