Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: JUDGE FORMALLY REPRIMANDED

Message 21 of 30

Reading the entire article is too hard for some:   The Texas State Commission on Judicial Conduct: Oakley, Burnet County's top administrator, must complete a 30-hour training program for new judges and four hours of racial sensitivity training with a mentor.

So much for just being an administrator and the bs.   "It was a personal comment' is a terrible excuse for any elected official - whether you support them or not.   

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 30

The County Judge in Texas is the Chief Executive of the county, more ot the Chief Administrator of the county.  The position is not what one would think would preside over either criminal or civil trials, in fact doesn't even preside in any courtroom. 

More like a Mayor in a city since he has to reach a consensus with County Commissioners representing the various precincts of the country.  I would suggest that his comments therefore has nothing to do with any judicial process, or even affect such processes.

Of course one needs to realize that posters are from out of state and only thing they know about the state is from the media and like the Will Rogers quote that is the reason for their ignorance.

These attempts is somewhat like a lynching on the part of those posting such and those participating are similiar to scavengers jumping on juicy gossip, all the while using innuendo.  But of course anyone on these forums is free to make themselves look foolish.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 30

AP- in my county town justices are elected. They do not have to have any formal legal education. I see this is a county judge, but there is no indication as to whether Texas demands any sort of political  justice education with regards to this position.

Having said that, this is an atrocity, and I feel that Texas has taken the appropriate measures  to correct the situation. However, let's hope they do a thorough review of all those justices who do not have proper education with regard to the law. 

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 30

It is not clear who composed the lead sentence of the original post.  That sentence did indeed place Texas in the crosshairs, Tx. 

The news story on the link specified a Central Texas judge.  Regardless of who wrote that lead sentence, it was accurate.  I am unsure why you chastise alferdpacker for posting the news truthfully and accurately. 

From your past posts, I understand you to hold other's past posters had no right to allege institutional mis-deeds have occurred in Texas and all Texans were being treated unfairly, deliberately defamed whether or not there was evidence supporting those allegations.  Racism was one of the charges to which you objected...whether or not evidence supported that charge. 

From your past posts, I understant you to hold only Texans who lived where the incident occurred...IF in fact it did...were qualified in any way to judge the 'right or wrong' of it.  This judge was elected. It has been my observation that judges holding opinions contrary to those who vote don't get elected.  Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

I do remind you that this is a Republic.  Texas is part of it, not separate from it. That issue was settled. The Republic has a Constitution. Duly enacted laws, when enforced, implement their provisions.  We are a government of law.  All within it's jurisdiction are obligated to comply with specifics AND intent of the law. That is accuarate, like it or not.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 30

@nctarheel wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

Well - it's a fact - it happened - His explanation was not accepted.

No matter the race or ethnic derivation is of the person he was referring to - it is totally unacceptable under all circumstances, isn't it?

Yes, it is.

But for clarification, he was referring to a BLACK man with his LYNCHING comment.

And some say INSTITUTIONAL RACISM doesn't exist in TEXAS.

"Some" say...

"Some" have never been able to irrefutably prove that assertion.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 30

@alferdpacker wrote:

No matter the race or ethnic derivation is of the person he was referring to - it is totally unacceptable under all circumstances, isn't it?

Yes, it is.

But for clarification, he was referring to a BLACK man with his LYNCHING comment.

And some say INSTITUTIONAL RACISM doesn't exist in TEXAS.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 30

@alferdpacker wrote:

Texas judge reprimanded for 'tree and a rope' post - Houston Chronicle

Et tu, Alferd?  Along with the usual kudos?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 30

@nctarheel wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

Judge must undergo sensitivity training after ‘tree and a rope&rsquo...

Burnet County, Texas

Turns out he has no formal training/education in the law as either a lawyer or judge, and has failed to attend county judge training.

Some kinda high quality judge - elected by counting runny noses in his county...

Now he has said that the comment "TREE AND A ROPE" had nothing to do with race..............in TEXAS...........by an uneducated JUDGE.......... and you don't believe him????????

Training will not change this Judge as he is just part of the INSTITUTIONAL RACIST make-up of the state of TEXAS.

Although some might say this is just a single incident and bears no comment.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 30

@alferdpacker wrote:

Burnet County, Texas

Turns out he has no formal training/education in the law as either a lawyer or judge, and has failed to attend county judge training.

Some kinda high quality judge - elected by counting runny noses in his county...

Now he has said that the comment "TREE AND A ROPE" had nothing to do with race..............in TEXAS...........by an uneducated JUDGE.......... and you don't believe him????????

Training will not change this Judge as he is just part of the INSTITUTIONAL RACIST make-up of the state of TEXAS.

Although some might say this is just a single incident and bears no comment.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

JUDGE FORMALLY REPRIMANDED

Message 30 of 30

Burnet County, Texas

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Replies