From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: JIMMY KIMMEL TO GO "MAN TO MAN" WITH ROY MOORE

Message 21 of 35

@phyllisc6781 wrote:

RE: Kimmel and politics and Moore

1.  The late night hosts have become extremely political. Not only are these men making a political and moral statement when they rail against the idiot in chief, but trump is a joke from top to bottom. Easy Peasy—late night hosts don’t even need creative writers with this idiot in office.

I agree that these jokes write themselves.  Low-hanging fruit. That's why I wish these guys would at least slightly back away from, mainly because they ARE such easy pickings.  You and I may also ntail against these clowns and will have maybe a dozen people see it.  But these guys count their audiences in the MILLIONS and as such should use just a little restraint because while they ARE funny, they are also talking about the President of our country.and when he looks bad, WE look bad as a nation.  What we need to do is just quietly use the political process to remove this man and then move on.  Most of us already have no use for this guy, but entertainers with a sometimes global audience don't have to keep reminding the whole world the mistake we made.

The country needs to treat this as a couple who get divorced would.  They just quietly split up, go their separate ways and live their lives.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 35

@alferdpacker wrote:

@jims730656I believe I understand the point you are trying to make.

I have not been in basic agreement with the vast majority of people who are to the right of center - ever since they - as well as evil and corrupt republicans and conservatives - supported the feloniously guilty criminal Nixon - and supported Ford's perfidiously dishonorable pardon of the criminal Nixon.

That's unforgivable.

Have not since - and do not anticipate at any time in the future - doing anything but opposing the right wing criminal conspiracy to betray American Citizens in favor of oligarchic and corporate interests and absolutist religious would be dictators.

I always support my country - and my government - if and when I decide the government deserves to be supported...

Been interesting - see ya around...

Thank you.  I never ask nor expect everyone to agree with my positions, but I can respect a man who can understand my positions and how I arrive at them instead of having a knee-jerk partisan reaction as so many others do here.

It's been a pleasure chatting with you.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 35

@jims730656I believe I understand the point you are trying to make.

I have not been in basic agreement with the vast majority of people who are to the right of center - ever since they - as well as evil and corrupt republicans and conservatives - supported the feloniously guilty criminal Nixon - and supported Ford's perfidiously dishonorable pardon of the criminal Nixon.

That's unforgivable.

Have not since - and do not anticipate at any time in the future - doing anything but opposing the right wing criminal conspiracy to betray American Citizens in favor of oligarchic and corporate interests and absolutist religious would be dictators.

I always support my country - and my government - if and when I decide the government deserves to be supported...

Been interesting - see ya around...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 35

RE: Kimmel and politics and Moore

1.  The late night hosts have become extremely political. Not only are these men making a political and moral statement when they rail against the idiot in chief, but trump is a joke from top to bottom. Easy Peasy—late night hosts don’t even need creative writers with this idiot in office.

2.   If Kimmel meets with Moore, it won’t be man-to-man it will be predator to man.

Gee, I miss having a real—AND SANE—president!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 35

@alferdpacker wrote:

@jims730656 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@jims730656 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@jims730656 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

Jimmy Kimmel on Twitter War with Roy Moore - YouTube

He has offered to wear a girl scout uniform and bring high school cheerleaders to test Roy's "mettle"...

Whaddya think?  Should Jimmy shave his legs and get a wig and makeover?

I like Kimmel and he comes across as quite sincere, but I think, as an entertainer he might want to dial back the politics a little.  Not for this particular situation (which won't happen but it's funny) but if Kimmel gets too political on his show he could turn off a (assumed) large number of hardline conservatives who probably watch his show which could hurt his ratings

So you ask Kimmel to cater to a bunch of  but head Conservatives that support the actions of child molester Moore?  Really ????

No, not really.  Actually not at all.  Not even a little.

And if you read the other posts you'd see I'm talking about politics.in general on an entertainment show.  I don't want nor do I have the power to tell Kimmel or anyone else how to run their shows.  And I CERTAINLY didn't  narrow it down to people who support Moore OR his actions (there is a difference).  I don't even know where you got that, but you sure didn't get it from anything I wrote!

But let me ask you a question.  Pick a (non-news) TV show you love and almost never miss.  Now how would you react if the host of that show suddenly started supporting whatever political side you oppose?  Would you stop watching that show on that basis?

David Letterman, John Stewart, Conan O'Brien, Stephen Colbert, Jimmy Kimmel and SNL have enjoyed considerable popularity because they have - using satire, sarcasm, snark, and outright ridicule - lampooned, mocked and disrespected political figures that spoke untruthfully - and after saying one thing, proceeded to do something entirely different...

Perhaps one's choice of what show one prefers to watch depends upon whether one believes adherence to a political belief/dogma is of greater worth and importance than adherence to the real world and the truth.

That's my take on it...

I completely agree with your assessment on these shows, especially SNL which is enjoying a great run with Trump this year (I love Baldwin's Trump impression and Mellisa McCarthy's Spicer was hilarious+).

And political jokes seem to write themselves this year (Jon Stewart must be kicking himself for retiring).but of course TDS was almost all about politics anyway and the far right has been whining about Stewart for years.

And if I understood your last paragraph I have to agree.  It seems the further to the extremes of the right or left one goes, the less important the truth and the real world gets.

And while writing this, I'm wondering why we don't see any conservative comedy shows on the tube these days.  Fox had one some years ago but it didn't last long.

I posit that due to the nature of what relatively far right conservatives find humorous and amusing works to make the probability of a long term widely popular conservative comedy show very highly unlikely.

The Fox network's Married with Children, The Simpsons, King of the Hill, and Family Guy were quite popular - but they spoke to a younger less conservative audience  they never spoke to the aging conservative Fox audience any more than All in the Family did a generation earlier.

Even decades old comedy shows had a liberal slant - Jack Benny was a foil for most of Rochester's lines and often ended up being the butt of the joke with his arm across his chest and his trademark look away from the situation...

Your first paragraph is dead on, although I might describe them as conservatives and right-wingers.

I've known plenty of people on both the right and left and I believe that most conservatives have as good a sense of humor as most liberals.  But I would also say the 'wingers' on both sides have almost no sense of humor at ALL.

I've always thought that the farther from a political 'center' one gets the more one begins to become obsessive about politics and the ability to laugh, or even enjoy much of life suffers.

That was actually a part of my reasoning about what might happen if Jimmy Kimmel gets too political on his show, as I think he is watched by both liberals and conservatives.  Just not right wingers in this case.

And that short-lived Fox "comedy" show (The 1/2 Hour News Hour) just wasn't that funny.

I did a quick Google search for the name of that show and I saw some links you may find of interest.  Too many to list so I'm just posting the whole search page.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1AVFC_enUS769US769&ei=HPghWv6AEMrF_Qb044mIDw&q=conservative+come...

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 35

@jims730656 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@jims730656 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@jims730656 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

He has offered to wear a girl scout uniform and bring high school cheerleaders to test Roy's "mettle"...

I like Kimmel and he comes across as quite sincere, but I think, as an entertainer he might want to dial back the politics a little.  Not for this particular situation (which won't happen but it's funny) but if Kimmel gets too political on his show he could turn off a (assumed) large number of hardline conservatives who probably watch his show which could hurt his ratings

So you ask Kimmel to cater to a bunch of  but head Conservatives that support the actions of child molester Moore?  Really ????

And if you read the other posts you'd see I'm talking about politics.in general on an entertainment show.  I don't want nor do I have the power to tell Kimmel or anyone else how to run their shows.  And I CERTAINLY didn't  narrow it down to people who support Moore OR his actions (there is a difference).  I don't even know where you got that, but you sure didn't get it from anything I wrote!

But let me ask you a question.  Pick a (non-news) TV show you love and almost never miss.  Now how would you react if the host of that show suddenly started supporting whatever political side you oppose?  Would you stop watching that show on that basis?

David Letterman, John Stewart, Conan O'Brien, Stephen Colbert, Jimmy Kimmel and SNL have enjoyed considerable popularity because they have - using satire, sarcasm, snark, and outright ridicule - lampooned, mocked and disrespected political figures that spoke untruthfully - and after saying one thing, proceeded to do something entirely different...

Perhaps one's choice of what show one prefers to watch depends upon whether one believes adherence to a political belief/dogma is of greater worth and importance than adherence to the real world and the truth.

That's my take on it...

I completely agree with your assessment on these shows, especially SNL which is enjoying a great run with Trump this year (I love Baldwin's Trump impression and Mellisa McCarthy's Spicer was hilarious+).

And political jokes seem to write themselves this year (Jon Stewart must be kicking himself for retiring).but of course TDS was almost all about politics anyway and the far right has been whining about Stewart for years.

And if I understood your last paragraph I have to agree.  It seems the further to the extremes of the right or left one goes, the less important the truth and the real world gets.

And while writing this, I'm wondering why we don't see any conservative comedy shows on the tube these days.  Fox had one some years ago but it didn't last long.

I posit that due to the nature of what relatively far right conservatives find humorous and amusing works to make the probability of a long term widely popular conservative comedy show very highly unlikely.

The Fox network's Married with Children, The Simpsons, King of the Hill, and Family Guy were quite popular - but they spoke to a younger less conservative audience  they never spoke to the aging conservative Fox audience any more than All in the Family did a generation earlier.

Even decades old comedy shows had a liberal slant - Jack Benny was a foil for most of Rochester's lines and often ended up being the butt of the joke with his arm across his chest and his trademark look away from the situation...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 35

@alferdpacker wrote:

@jims730656 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@jims730656 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

That's my take on it...

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 35

@jims730656 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@jims730656 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

David Letterman, John Stewart, Conan O'Brien, Stephen Colbert, Jimmy Kimmel and SNL have enjoyed considerable popularity because they have - using satire, sarcasm, snark, and outright ridicule - lampooned, mocked and disrespected political figures that spoke untruthfully - and after saying one thing - proceeding to do something entirely different - subsequently tell ies to attempt to change the "spin" of the perception of their behavior...

That's my take on it...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 35

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@jims730656 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 35

Deceptive title.  It wouldn't be "man to man", it would be 'man to low life child molester'.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors