From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: JIMMY KIMMEL TO GO "MAN TO MAN" WITH ROY MOORE

Message 11 of 35

@myexper wrote:

JIMMY KIMMEL TO GO "MAN TO MAN" WITH ROY MOORE

Moore only knows how "to go" after teenage girls.

He needs to be thrown in jail and go "man to man" with Bubba!!!

I'm aware of what was said, but I don't follow this exchange all the much.  Did Moore actually challenge Kimmel to an actual FIGHT, or just a regular 'war of words'?

I would have to say that Kimmel could obviously take down Moore (with either challenge)  without breaking a sweat.

If you mean putting Moore in prison with a stereotypical 6' 7". 310lb "Bubba", that would be the biggest joke of all.  I don't know about these days, but in the past a child molester was in for a pretty rough time in the slammer.  Back in the day, most prisoners took a pretty dim view of child molesters.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 35

@alferdpacker wrote:

@jims730656 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@jims730656 wrote:

@phyllisc6781 wrote:

RE: Kimmel and politics and Moore

1.  The late night hosts have become extremely political. Not only are these men making a political and moral statement when they rail against the idiot in chief, but trump is a joke from top to bottom. Easy Peasy—late night hosts don’t even need creative writers with this idiot in office.

I agree that these jokes write themselves.  Low-hanging fruit. That's why I wish these guys would at least slightly back away from, mainly because they ARE such easy pickings.  You and I may also ntail against these clowns and will have maybe a dozen people see it.  But these guys count their audiences in the MILLIONS and as such should use just a little restraint because while they ARE funny, they are also talking about the President of our country.and when he looks bad, WE look bad as a nation.  What we need to do is just quietly use the political process to remove this man and then move on.  Most of us already have no use for this guy, but entertainers with a sometimes global audience don't have to keep reminding the whole world the mistake we made.

The country needs to treat this as a couple who get divorced would.  They just quietly split up, go their separate ways and live their lives.

The comedians should continue.

The entire world needs to continue to ridicule and disrespect us for the magnitude of the colossal blunder we have made - we deserve it - we were stupid...

Ordinarily I would agree, and we were indeed stupid.  But we've been stupid for decades and we haven't seemed to have learned a damned thing from it.  Things just keep getting worse.

But then again, I can't help but think of my family and friends and other people who will be hurt, not as much by Trump, but by Congress.  And we keep electing the same people!  

Honestly, does anyone really think things will get that much better with only Trump gone?  Trump is just the tip of the iceberg but most people don't realize that.  Of course Trump SHOULD be gone, but he doesn't make laws, budgets or raise taxes but the people who DO will still be there long after the focus of our national attention is an annoying memory.

It's not the politicians, it is WE who need a dose of reality and change our way of thinking.

Nope - nice try - but conservative apologetics reeks of disingenuity.

Can't hide the stench.

Not interested in drinking the koolaide and believing the kind of stuff that may well have originated with one of Putin's bots...

Has every appearance of moderate middle of the road sounding ideas - but it's a cover for introducing far right extremist propaganda.

Reagan propagandists tried that - and failed - just as it has failed - once again...

Are you referring to me an a 'conservative apologist'?  If you knew me, or followed some of the 15-20,000 posts I've made in the last 30 years here and on other forums you wouldn't even suggest that.  I'm more a moderate centrist (like most people were many years ago) and if a liberal OR conservative has a good idea I will support it,  just as I will oppose a bad idea from either side.  This is why I get so much crap from Democrats AND Republicans (depending on what position I take).  I and NOT a Republican nor am I a Democrat so if I think a liberal has a good idea I get a lot of heat from conservatives and vice versa.

Just following the dictates on one single political party (and opposing everything the other side says) is actually what's disingenuous.  But a LOT of people do just that, and that is precisely how this country got to where it is now.

And what about Putin?  I rarely even mention him because it's crazy to assume that all of our national problems suddenly appeared during and after the 2016 campaigns! 

I assume almost everyone here is of "mature years" and we've ALL seen the slow and steady decline of this country that has occurred over DECADES, and under the spurious 'leadership' of both parties so you can't blame the Russians or anyone but ourselves for who we elect

It's all on ourselves for this mess.  There is really no one else to blame so the partisans lay blame on the "other" party and refuse to accept the inadequacies of our own party.  This ignores the fact that our steady decline took place under the presidents and congressional majorities of BOTH parties.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 35

@jims730656–I understand the disgrace trump brings to this country. He IS an embarrassment.  I certainly agree with this point of view.

However, as you pointed out, the world is laughing at this buffoon, but it isn’t because our comics late nighters are talking about trump.  It’s because trump is talking!

My point of view is this.  These comedians are letting the world know that the vast majority of us know trump is a dangerous fool, that we do see trump is an enormous mistake. I feel more comfortable with this than having the world and the MANY ignorant people who are US citizens,  who may otherwise be oblivious to/or ignore the situation, think trump’s politics or behaviors are ok.  

In addition, Colbert has long been a comedic political commentator and Kimmel has a personal interest ( his son’s health) in this.  

I like the divorce analogy—but in a divorce there is always fighting, and sometimes there is one person who is clearly the reason for the divorce.

Think of the late nighters as attorneys who are pleading the case of the abused spouse (lower to middle class Americans and any other person with morals) to the judge—(any one in power with the ability to impeach or remove.)

Gee, I miss having a real—AND SANE—president!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 35

@alferdpacker wrote:

@jims730656 wrote:

I like Kimmel and he comes across as quite sincere, but I think, as an entertainer he might want to dial back the politics a little.  Not for this particular situation (which won't happen but it's funny) but if Kimmel gets too political on his show he could turn off a (assumed) large number of hardline conservatives who probably watch his show which could hurt his ratings

Would that be because some of his show exposes the lack of real world knowledge and and dim-witted-ness of a great many faithful trump followers/supporters - as shown in this following video?

Should Hillary Clinton Be Impeached? - YouTube

Stupid is as trump supporter says...

Should Donald Trump Be Impeached? - YouTube

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 35
Interestng conversation. I dont watch many late night talk shows anymore, its past my bedtime. Im one of the few old folks that needs MORE sleep. I was a big fan of Jon Stewart, and saw him interviewed by Bill Moyers. Moyers told Stewart he was important to journalism becasuse he continually exposed things other news outlets would not. I liked olberman too. so..Stewart begat Colbert who is DEFINATELY political, and everyone has to compete with him. I like Seth Myers too, but im not up that late. so, the competition is for MORE political points. Even Carson did political jokes.
So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 35

JIMMY KIMMEL TO GO "MAN TO MAN" WITH ROY MOORE

Moore only knows how "to go" after teenage girls.

He needs to be thrown in jail and go "man to man" with Bubba!!!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 35

@jims730656 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@jims730656 wrote:

@phyllisc6781 wrote:

1.  The late night hosts have become extremely political. Not only are these men making a political and moral statement when they rail against the idiot in chief, but trump is a joke from top to bottom. Easy Peasy—late night hosts don’t even need creative writers with this idiot in office.

I agree that these jokes write themselves.  Low-hanging fruit. That's why I wish these guys would at least slightly back away from, mainly because they ARE such easy pickings.  You and I may also ntail against these clowns and will have maybe a dozen people see it.  But these guys count their audiences in the MILLIONS and as such should use just a little restraint because while they ARE funny, they are also talking about the President of our country.and when he looks bad, WE look bad as a nation.  What we need to do is just quietly use the political process to remove this man and then move on.  Most of us already have no use for this guy, but entertainers with a sometimes global audience don't have to keep reminding the whole world the mistake we made.

The country needs to treat this as a couple who get divorced would.  They just quietly split up, go their separate ways and live their lives.

The entire world needs to continue to ridicule and disrespect us for the magnitude of the colossal blunder we have made - we deserve it - we were stupid...

Ordinarily I would agree, and we were indeed stupid.  But we've been stupid for decades and we haven't seemed to have learned a damned thing from it.  Things just keep getting worse.

But then again, I can't help but think of my family and friends and other people who will be hurt, not as much by Trump, but by Congress.  And we keep electing the same people!  

Honestly, does anyone really think things will get that much better with only Trump gone?  Trump is just the tip of the iceberg but most people don't realize that.  Of course Trump SHOULD be gone, but he doesn't make laws, budgets or raise taxes but the people who DO will still be there long after the focus of our national attention is an annoying memory.

It's not the politicians, it is WE who need a dose of reality and change our way of thinking.

Nope - nice try - but conservative apologetics reeks of disingenuity.

Can't hide the stench.

Not interested in drinking the koolaide and believing the kind of stuff that may well have originated with one of Putin's bots...

Has every appearance of moderate middle of the road sounding ideas - but it's a cover for introducing far right extremist propaganda.

Reagan propagandists tried that - and failed - just as it has failed - once again...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 35

@alferdpacker wrote:

@jims730656 wrote:

@phyllisc6781 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 35

IMHO, Moore mistakes Kimmel as a featherweight and expects to dazzle the audience with cleaver reparte' to burnish his image among the voters of Alabama. Either that or the FAUX poll showing the Democrat 9 pts ahead is real, and Moore is in desperation mode because he's alienated half his former supporters.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 35

@jims730656 wrote:

@phyllisc6781 wrote:

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors