Looking for work? The U.S. Census Bureau is hiring more than 500,000 people nationwide. Learn more.

Reply
Frequent Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
304
Views

Re: JIMMY KIMMEL TO GO "MAN TO MAN" WITH ROY MOORE

304 Views
Message 1 of 35

@MIseker wrote:

@jims730656 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

 JIMMY KIMMEL TO GO "MAN TO MAN" WITH ROY MOORE

 

Moore only knows how "to go" after teenage girls.

 

He needs to be thrown in jail and go "man to man" with Bubba!!!


I'm aware of what was said, but I don't follow this exchange all the much.  Did Moore actually challenge Kimmel to an actual FIGHT, or just a regular 'war of words'?

I would have to say that Kimmel could obviously take down Moore (with either challenge)  without breaking a sweat.

 

If you mean putting Moore in prison with a stereotypical 6' 7". 310lb "Bubba", that would be the biggest joke of all.  I don't know about these days, but in the past a child molester was in for a pretty rough time in the slammer.  Back in the day, most prisoners took a pretty dim view of child molesters.


Moore did say ( not exct words ) for kimmel to come to alabama and face him like a man. It just gives moore the kind of press that gets him elected.

 


Sure sounds like a call to fight him to me.  And Moore being from that area I'm sure he's had plenty of fistfights in his day.  But that was "in his day" and he's 70 now so I think his fighting days are long behind him.

 

But  there's nothing happening here anyway, and if Kimmel actually showed up at his house or office and said "Okay Roy, I'm here" Moore would find some way to 'not be there'.

 

But you're right.  The challenge is more than enough for his supporters whether he faces Kimmel or not.  They will remember the challenge and forget that the "fight" never happened.  That or they would say Kimmel is a coward for not going there even if he DID go there.

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
304
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
319
Views

Re: JIMMY KIMMEL TO GO "MAN TO MAN" WITH ROY MOORE

319 Views
Message 2 of 35

@jims730656 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

 JIMMY KIMMEL TO GO "MAN TO MAN" WITH ROY MOORE

 

Moore only knows how "to go" after teenage girls.

 

He needs to be thrown in jail and go "man to man" with Bubba!!!


I'm aware of what was said, but I don't follow this exchange all the much.  Did Moore actually challenge Kimmel to an actual FIGHT, or just a regular 'war of words'?

I would have to say that Kimmel could obviously take down Moore (with either challenge)  without breaking a sweat.

 

If you mean putting Moore in prison with a stereotypical 6' 7". 310lb "Bubba", that would be the biggest joke of all.  I don't know about these days, but in the past a child molester was in for a pretty rough time in the slammer.  Back in the day, most prisoners took a pretty dim view of child molesters.


Moore did say ( not exct words ) for kimmel to come to alabama and face him like a man. It just gives moore the kind of press that gets him elected.

 

So it begins.
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
319
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
321
Views

Re: JIMMY KIMMEL TO GO "MAN TO MAN" WITH ROY MOORE

321 Views
Message 3 of 35

I'm counting on Kimmel following through "man to man" with r.more.  Great entertainment! 

Although, if dt had followed through with his IQ challenge to R.Tillerson......

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
321
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
323
Views

Re: JIMMY KIMMEL TO GO "MAN TO MAN" WITH ROY MOORE

323 Views
Message 4 of 35

@MIseker wrote:

@jims730656 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:
Interestng conversation. I dont watch many late night talk shows anymore, its past my bedtime. Im one of the few old folks that needs MORE sleep. I was a big fan of Jon Stewart, and saw him interviewed by Bill Moyers. Moyers told Stewart he was important to journalism becasuse he continually exposed things other news outlets would not. I liked olberman too. so..Stewart begat Colbert who is DEFINATELY political, and everyone has to compete with him. I like Seth Myers too, but im not up that late. so, the competition is for MORE political points. Even Carson did political jokes.

If you liked Stewart with Moyers, you would LOVE him when he was on "Crossfire".

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFQFB5YpDZE


Thanks for that. Ive seen it before, but was time well spent watching it again. Crossfire has had an impact on my son. Of course i raised him to be liberal, but..when he got his first job he would come home and watch crossfire with Carville and Novak. everytime we visited he had a story about carville eating novak for lunch, and how ignorant novaks points were. yay crossfire!!


I used to watch that show for a fairly long time, until I finally realized that these were just two men only defending their own partisan opinions.  They didn't mean anything to me.  I have my own opinions and I didn't need to be guided by anyone else's opinions nor do I need any reinforcement of what I believe, and I certainly don't need them to tell me how to think.

 

But what I loved most about the Stewart episode was how he not only took down BOTH men, he demolished the entire premise of the show itself.

 

It's long been my position that comedians, specifically standup comics who do topical humor are among the smartest people around.

 

Years ago, on a different forum, my signature line was "George Carlin for president", and I meant it.

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
323
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
324
Views

Re: JIMMY KIMMEL TO GO "MAN TO MAN" WITH ROY MOORE

324 Views
Message 5 of 35

@alferdpacker wrote:

@jims730656 wrote:

@erikm219989 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@jims730656 wrote:

 I like Kimmel and he comes across as quite sincere, but I think, as an entertainer he might want to dial back the politics a little.  Not for this particular situation (which won't happen but it's funny) but if Kimmel gets too political on his show he could turn off a (assumed) large number of hardline conservatives who probably watch his show which could hurt his ratings

.


Would that be because some of his show exposes the lack of real world knowledge and and dim-witted-ness of a great many faithful trump followers/supporters - as shown in this following video?

 

Should Hillary Clinton Be Impeached? - YouTube

 

Stupid is as trump supporter says...


Should Donald Trump Be Impeached? - YouTube


Was that first link (the impeach Clinton one) from Kimmeel's show? (my browser won't load it)

If that's the one, I saw it on his show a few weeks ago and unfortunately, it was actually far too sad to really be funny.

 

But I don't think they identified themselves as D or R, and since a lot of Democrats couldn't stand Clinton either (pretty much every Sanders supporter) I think that kind of ignorance crosses party lines.  It seems that most Americans, regardless of party, don't really know how this country works.


Yes - the video of pathetically ignorant right wing dolts on the street that Jimmy Kimmel showed was a very sad illustration of the stunning intellectual deficit of the majority of trump voters and supporters....

 

Just think - they reproduce and twist and warp their spawn into more degenerate dim-witted conservatives...

 

 


That's one viewpoint, but it's only 1/2 of mine.  I've also heard (from people I've known) things like "we're a Democrat family" and "my father and grandfather vote Democrat and I do too".  It's like they doln't give a **bleep** about WHO it is, as long as he/she is a Democrat.  And I have had MANY arguments with people from both parties who don'yt know the first thing about the Constitution or how government works.

They honestly think the president (either party) can  lower taxes and make or repeal laws   A few I've met even think the president can override Congress and the Supreme Court.  I've heard D and R politicians actually say (with a straight face) that if elected they will overturn Roe v Wade, Citizens United vs the FEC and other SCOTUS decisions their supporters don't like.

 

This kind of ignorance is not restricted to only Republicans.  It's across the board, and followers of BOTH parties have that disturbing habit of reproducing and making new copies of themselves who repeat the same mistakes.

 

Again, it's NOT just one side responsible for this.  It's BOTH parties and the D and R supporters are being manipulated into think their side is good and the other is evil. 

People claim to be strictly liberals or conservatives when the reality is that almost everybody is a mixture of both ideologies and only LEAN in one direction.

That's easy enough to find out yourself.  You don't have to believe me.  Just make a mental list of, say, 6-7 things you see as straight liberal and the same number of things you feel are strictly conservative views.  Then keep that to yourself and just pay close attention to people's conversations about how they think things should be.  What they like and don't like, and it's my guess you'll see some of both ideologies are in those conversations.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
324
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
330
Views

Re: JIMMY KIMMEL TO GO "MAN TO MAN" WITH ROY MOORE

330 Views
Message 6 of 35

@jims730656 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:
Interestng conversation. I dont watch many late night talk shows anymore, its past my bedtime. Im one of the few old folks that needs MORE sleep. I was a big fan of Jon Stewart, and saw him interviewed by Bill Moyers. Moyers told Stewart he was important to journalism becasuse he continually exposed things other news outlets would not. I liked olberman too. so..Stewart begat Colbert who is DEFINATELY political, and everyone has to compete with him. I like Seth Myers too, but im not up that late. so, the competition is for MORE political points. Even Carson did political jokes.

If you liked Stewart with Moyers, you would LOVE him when he was on "Crossfire".

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFQFB5YpDZE


Thanks for that. Ive seen it before, but was time well spent watching it again. Crossfire has had an impact on my son. Of course i raised him to be liberal, but..when he got his first job he would come home and watch crossfire with Carville and Novak. everytime we visited he had a story about carville eating novak for lunch, and how ignorant novaks points were. yay crossfire!!

So it begins.
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
330
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
339
Views

Re: JIMMY KIMMEL TO GO "MAN TO MAN" WITH ROY MOORE

339 Views
Message 7 of 35

@jims730656 wrote:

@erikm219989 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@jims730656 wrote:

 I like Kimmel and he comes across as quite sincere, but I think, as an entertainer he might want to dial back the politics a little.  Not for this particular situation (which won't happen but it's funny) but if Kimmel gets too political on his show he could turn off a (assumed) large number of hardline conservatives who probably watch his show which could hurt his ratings

.


Would that be because some of his show exposes the lack of real world knowledge and and dim-witted-ness of a great many faithful trump followers/supporters - as shown in this following video?

 

Should Hillary Clinton Be Impeached? - YouTube

 

Stupid is as trump supporter says...


Should Donald Trump Be Impeached? - YouTube


Was that first link (the impeach Clinton one) from Kimmeel's show? (my browser won't load it)

If that's the one, I saw it on his show a few weeks ago and unfortunately, it was actually far too sad to really be funny.

 

But I don't think they identified themselves as D or R, and since a lot of Democrats couldn't stand Clinton either (pretty much every Sanders supporter) I think that kind of ignorance crosses party lines.  It seems that most Americans, regardless of party, don't really know how this country works.


Yes - the video of pathetically ignorant right wing dolts on the street that Jimmy Kimmel showed was a very sad illustration of the stunning intellectual deficit of the majority of trump voters and supporters....

 

Just think - they reproduce and twist and warp their spawn into more degenerate dim-witted conservatives...

 

 

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
339
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
355
Views

Re: JIMMY KIMMEL TO GO "MAN TO MAN" WITH ROY MOORE

355 Views
Message 8 of 35

@erikm219989 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@jims730656 wrote:

 I like Kimmel and he comes across as quite sincere, but I think, as an entertainer he might want to dial back the politics a little.  Not for this particular situation (which won't happen but it's funny) but if Kimmel gets too political on his show he could turn off a (assumed) large number of hardline conservatives who probably watch his show which could hurt his ratings

.


Would that be because some of his show exposes the lack of real world knowledge and and dim-witted-ness of a great many faithful trump followers/supporters - as shown in this following video?

 

Should Hillary Clinton Be Impeached? - YouTube

 

Stupid is as trump supporter says...


Should Donald Trump Be Impeached? - YouTube


Was that first link (the impeach Clinton one) from Kimmel's show? (my browser won't load it)

If that's the one, I saw it on his show a few weeks ago (we catch his monologue almost every night) and unfortunately, it was actually far too sad to really be funny.

 

But I don't think they identified themselves as D or R, and since a lot of Democrats couldn't stand Clinton either (pretty much every Sanders supporter) I think that kind of ignorance crosses party lines.  It seems that most Americans, regardless of party, don't really know how this country works.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
355
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
364
Views

Re: JIMMY KIMMEL TO GO "MAN TO MAN" WITH ROY MOORE

364 Views
Message 9 of 35

@phyllisc6781 wrote:

@jims730656–I understand the disgrace trump brings to this country. He IS an embarrassment.  I certainly agree with this point of view.

 

However, as you pointed out, the world is laughing at this buffoon, but it isn’t because our comics late nighters are talking about trump.  It’s because trump is talking!

 

My point of view is this.  These comedians are letting the world know that the vast majority of us know trump is a dangerous fool, that we do see trump is an enormous mistake. I feel more comfortable with this than having the world and the MANY ignorant people who are US citizens,  who may otherwise be oblivious to/or ignore the situation, think trump’s politics or behaviors are ok.  

 

In addition, Colbert has long been a comedic political commentator and Kimmel has a personal interest ( his son’s health) in this.  

 

I like the divorce analogy—but in a divorce there is always fighting, and sometimes there is one person who is clearly the reason for the divorce.

Think of the late nighters as attorneys who are pleading the case of the abused spouse (lower to middle class Americans and any other person with morals) to the judge—(any one in power with the ability to impeach or remove.)

 

Gee, I miss having a real—AND SANE—president!


As we're just giving our opinions here, yours is just as valid as mine, whether we agree or not.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
364
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
369
Views

Re: JIMMY KIMMEL TO GO "MAN TO MAN" WITH ROY MOORE

369 Views
Message 10 of 35

@MIseker wrote:
Interestng conversation. I dont watch many late night talk shows anymore, its past my bedtime. Im one of the few old folks that needs MORE sleep. I was a big fan of Jon Stewart, and saw him interviewed by Bill Moyers. Moyers told Stewart he was important to journalism becasuse he continually exposed things other news outlets would not. I liked olberman too. so..Stewart begat Colbert who is DEFINATELY political, and everyone has to compete with him. I like Seth Myers too, but im not up that late. so, the competition is for MORE political points. Even Carson did political jokes.

If you liked Stewart with Moyers, you would LOVE him when he was on "Crossfire".

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFQFB5YpDZE

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
369
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors