AARP members get more! Take a look at your member benefits.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: JEFF SESSIONS, NEXT SENATOR FOR ALABAMA

Message 1 of 6

Nixon forged his Southern Strategy by appealing to the incipient racism in the South. Democrats enhanced the neoRepublican's appeal by focusing on MINORITY issues.

Democrats will only win in the South by appealing to middle class WORKERS without making any racial distinctions.

How?

Increase the Minimum Wage, push for paid sick and family leave, higher paying jobs rebuilding our infrastructure, provide a Public Option for Health Insurance and FIX SOCIAL SECURITY because middle class workers can only save 2% of their income, and that will NOT provide for their retirement.

The GOPerLords oppose ALL those things, but even Alabamians can support change that benefits EVERYONE. (tho some will oppose anything that benefits any people of color no matter what - those are tRump's base of 26%)

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 6

FredSmif  said   there is so much natural beauty in the state

I agree......beautiful in the springtime......great golf courses in the state.  Good share of tornados.    

However Ala  is undeniably conservative and is the sixth poorest state in the United States,  The roots of poverty are  found in its social, political, and economic policies.    

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 6

I lived/worked in Birmingham, Alabama for 8 years in the 1980's. Coming from Yankee country neither Birmingham nor Alabama were what I expected (Birmingham is not "old South", it began as an iron/steel town, not plantations).

I have affection for the city and the state. It's always sad to see them coming near last place in so many rankings...there is so much natural beauty in the state. They used to say "well, thank God for Mississippi, if it weren't for them we'd always be in last place [in those rankings]."

I'd love to go visit Montgomery and see the new civil rights museum and memorial.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 6

Knowing Trump and how much of a  narcisist he is, I do hope that you are correct. but don't bet on it.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 6

Insiders at the WH are reporting the Trump is getting ready to really work against Sessions candidacy. So far this year, that seems to be a good thing for the candidate. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views
Replies

JEFF SESSIONS, NEXT SENATOR FOR ALABAMA

Message 6 of 6

AMAZING !!   but  quite predictable.  Alabama will vote hands down for their beloved Sessions. and if you live in this area like I do.  you would be able to understand as to why.
They dont even care that now, the man is begging Trump to at lease  not say something bad about him. after Trump humiliated him to no end. but, in this area. I truly believe that they still think that slavery  is a great thing.
Their mentality and culture will not allow them to think differently.  and they will vote for him again disregarding his moral values, and everything else. that would have made him unelectable any other place.

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs