Reply
Regular Contributor

Its the DEMOCRAT Party, not the Democratic Party...

It is - and please always refer to it as -  the DEMOCRAT PARTY.  This is important because there is NOTHING "Democratic" about the DEMOCRAT party.  We see that in the suppression of free speech, ideas different from the liberal progressive narrative etc...

 

So please, when referring to or talking about it, call it what it is: The Democrat Party and NOT, NEVERwill be  the DEMOCRATIC party as calling it Democratic lends a legitimacy that is no longer (if ever it was) applicable.

 

John Kennedy - perhaps the last middle of the road Democrat - could not survive in today's Democrat party...Imagine, if you will, a Democrat candidate standing before his multitude of followers and stating "Ask not what your country can do for you, rather ask what you can do for your country."  That candidate would today, be run out of town on a rail and summarily dismissed.

0 Kudos
323 Views
67
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

Yes, and my name is pronounced "Franken-Steen"!

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxxSIX3fmmo

Honored Social Butterfly

Sorry GOPerdupes, it is and always has been the DEMOCRATIC Party. The whole dropping of the "ic" is just more fake news only believed by the tinfoil hat brigade and registered Republicans. Like them hanging "gate" after every piddly scandal to make people forget Nixon's Watergate is still the worst Constitutional crisis since the Civil War.

0 Kudos
578 Views
2
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@Olderscout66 wrote:

Sorry GOPerdupes, it is and always has been the DEMOCRATIC Party. The whole dropping of the "ic" is just more fake news only believed by the tinfoil hat brigade and registered Republicans. Like them hanging "gate" after every piddly scandal to make people forget Nixon's Watergate is still the worst Constitutional crisis since the Civil War.


Sorry DEMOdupes, it is and always has been the REPUBLICAN Party.

0 Kudos
561 Views
1
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@rk9152 wrote:


Sorry DEMOdupes, it is and always has been the REPUBLICAN Party.

 

So, we are agreeing to leave the names as they are?


 

0 Kudos
559 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@j868138h wrote:

It is - and please always refer to it as -  the DEMOCRAT PARTY.  This is important because there is NOTHING "Democratic" about the DEMOCRAT party.  We see that in the suppression of free speech, ideas different from the liberal progressive narrative etc...

 

So please, when referring to or talking about it, call it what it is: The Democrat Party and NOT, NEVERwill be  the DEMOCRATIC party as calling it Democratic lends a legitimacy that is no longer (if ever it was) applicable.

Veeeeerrrrry interesting .....

So, applying your own judgemental criteria to "today's" Republican Party which promotes Fascism, NOTHING TO DO with a 'Republic', the Republican Party should be renamed the Nazi Party.

 

John Kennedy - perhaps the last middle of the road Democrat - could not survive in today's Democrat party...Imagine, if you will, a Democrat candidate standing before his multitude of followers and stating "Ask not what your country can do for you, rather ask what you can do for your country."  That candidate would today, be run out of town on a rail and summarily dismissed.

Actually, that's what today's Republican Party would do to Lincoln for his progressive ideas.

 


 

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Trusted Social Butterfly

Absurd!  ...an obvious bait which should be left alone.  Enabling makes behavior worse....or so the experts say.  Who am I to argue.

0 Kudos
240 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

The proper name is democratic party. Some repugs insist on calling it the democrat party, and they are wrong, as usual. Some even go so far as to insist that the name be changed to suit their own biases. I sometimes use the term repug to refer to those republicans who do that.

Honored Social Butterfly

xrepub:  The proper name is democratic party. Some repugs insist on calling it the democrat party, and they are wrong, as usual. Some even go so far as to insist that the name be changed to suit their own biases. I sometimes use the term repug to refer to those republicans who do that.

 

Exactly. I see the use of Democrat over the proper name as childish .......it's a way to lash out when incapable of rational debate at what's making them so angry. Like a kid sticking their tongue out and blowing raspberries and yelling "so there! take that!"

Actually, I believe the cause of much of their anger is seeing their chosen side be so silly and impotent and clearly incapable of governing along with a president that requires defending over one unforced error after another..

Honored Social Butterfly

Exactly. I see the use of Democrat over the proper name as childish ..

 

.....and "repug" and "rethug" and "agent orange" and "tRumpettes" - need I go on??

Honored Social Butterfly


@xrepub wrote:

The proper name is democratic party. Some repugs insist on calling it the democrat party, and they are wrong, as usual. Some even go so far as to insist that the name be changed to suit their own biases. I sometimes use the term repug to refer to those republicans who do that.


Yes, and our President's name is Trump, not the other cutsey variations.  The Republican Party is capitalized and it's members are "Republicans, not "repugs".

 

So, your point is??

Honored Social Butterfly


@rk9152 wrote:

@xrepub wrote:

The proper name is democratic party. Some repugs insist on calling it the democrat party, and they are wrong, as usual. Some even go so far as to insist that the name be changed to suit their own biases. I sometimes use the term repug to refer to those republicans who do that.


Yes, and our President's name is Trump, not the other cutsey variations.  The Republican Party is capitalized and it's members are "Republicans, not "repugs".

 

So, your point is??


So one of our Right Wing posters has repeatedly referred to Democrats here as "Loony Liberals", "Less Wise" "Shallow Thinkers", etc.  So your point is?


Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
0 Kudos
300 Views
3
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@xrepub wrote:

The proper name is democratic party. Some repugs insist on calling it the democrat party, and they are wrong, as usual. Some even go so far as to insist that the name be changed to suit their own biases. I sometimes use the term repug to refer to those republicans who do that.


Yes, and our President's name is Trump, not the other cutsey variations.  The Republican Party is capitalized and it's members are "Republicans, not "repugs".

 

So, your point is??


So one of our Right Wing posters has repeatedly referred to Democrats here as "Loony Liberals", "Less Wise" "Shallow Thinkers", etc.  So your point is?


Try to follow the bouncing ball. The subject is the names of our political Parties and and their members, again, I point out it is "Republicans" not "repugs".

Honored Social Butterfly


@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@xrepub wrote:

The proper name is democratic party. Some repugs insist on calling it the democrat party, and they are wrong, as usual. Some even go so far as to insist that the name be changed to suit their own biases. I sometimes use the term repug to refer to those republicans who do that.


Yes, and our President's name is Trump, not the other cutsey variations.  The Republican Party is capitalized and it's members are "Republicans, not "repugs".

 

So, your point is??


So one of our Right Wing posters has repeatedly referred to Democrats here as "Loony Liberals", "Less Wise" "Shallow Thinkers", etc.  So your point is?


Try to follow the bouncing ball. The subject is the names of our political Parties and and their members, again, I point out it is "Republicans" not "repugs".


Yep, it does have 11 characters .............. 'Republicon' !!


Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly


@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@xrepub wrote:

The proper name is democratic party. Some repugs insist on calling it the democrat party, and they are wrong, as usual. Some even go so far as to insist that the name be changed to suit their own biases. I sometimes use the term repug to refer to those republicans who do that.


Yes, and our President's name is Trump, not the other cutsey variations.  The Republican Party is capitalized and it's members are "Republicans, not "repugs".

 

So, your point is??


So one of our Right Wing posters has repeatedly referred to Democrats here as "Loony Liberals", "Less Wise" "Shallow Thinkers", etc.  So your point is?


Try to follow the bouncing ball. The subject is the names of our political Parties and and their members, again, I point out it is "Republicans" not "repugs".


Yep, it does have 11 characters .............. 'Republicon' !!


Try to follow the bouncing ball. The subject is the names of our political Parties and and their members, again, I point out it is "Republicans" not "Republicon".

0 Kudos
366 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

 The Ideology of the republican Party has become very repugnant since your president took charge.

 I'm sure there are many legitimate Republicans, ;caps intended) not those republicans who favor some Hitler wannabe,  Who feel the same way.  I don't think John McCain's real proud of little donnie, Not is Mr. Graham

 As for me, the last real president that this country had --well his name was Barack Obama.

 I, and , I'm sure, many others, would be ashamed to say that our president was that that fool who  occupies the White House.

 As far as capitalization the party has been so greatly diminished since the inauguration,  lowercase is very appropriate, except when speaking about or to those who have a clue.

 Political parties have always called each other names,  but you know who escalated the name calling on all fronts? yeah that would be your guy little donnie- capitalization would be very inappropriate here.

 

 

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Honored Social Butterfly


@pc6063 wrote:

 The Ideology of the republican Party has become very repugnant since your president took charge.

 I'm sure there are many legitimate Republicans, ;caps intended) not those republicans who favor some Hitler wannabe,  Who feel the same way.  I don't think John McCain's real proud of little donnie, Not is Mr. Graham

 As for me, the last real president that this country had --well his name was Barack Obama.

 I, and , I'm sure, many others, would be ashamed to say that our president was that that fool who  occupies the White House.

 As far as capitalization the party has been so greatly diminished since the inauguration,  lowercase is very appropriate, except when speaking about or to those who have a clue.

 Political parties have always called each other names,  but you know who escalated the name calling on all fronts? yeah that would be your guy little donnie- capitalization would be very inappropriate here.

 

 


Really, the ideology has changed in two months? Let's face it was the ideology of his opponent that contributed greatly to his victory. I have neither seen nor experienced a change. 

 

Now about political ideology - how about this (active at a State supported University) - http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/feb/7/knights-for-socialism-hosts-leftist-fight-club-tra/

0 Kudos
301 Views
8
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

 The ideology that lies are OK, that accusing former presidents of a felony is OK, the practice of incorporating many affiliated with organizations like the KKK  is OK, the ideology that one can read a racist biased  publication and present that is fact is now ok. 

 I don't agree with the ideology of the Republican Party,  but if you really have been paying attention, tge deep down dyed in the wood Republicans are stunned at the hijacking by little dinny  of their own party.  So yes the ideology under Trump has changed.

 The ideology of the Republicans who know that Trump has hijacked their party has not.  What these people need to do is get a backbone and get more vocal about their opposition, not just spin an answer or look the other way.  

You as a Republican should be outraged as to what has happened to your party. If you were not, then-- maybe tour new kind of republican party should we rename itself , so it is clear you choose to be affiliated with the racist, lying, greedy,  Hitler want to be who is in office now .

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Honored Social Butterfly


@pc6063 wrote:

 The ideology that lies are OK, that accusing former presidents of a felony is OK, the practice of incorporating many affiliated with organizations like the KKK  is OK, the ideology that one can read a racist biased  publication and present that is fact is now ok. 

 I don't agree with the ideology of the Republican Party,  but if you really have been paying attention, tge deep down dyed in the wood Republicans are stunned at the hijacking by little dinny  of their own party.  So yes the ideology under Trump has changed.

 The ideology of the Republicans who know that Trump has hijacked their party has not.  What these people need to do is get a backbone and get more vocal about their opposition, not just spin an answer or look the other way.  

You as a Republican should be outraged as to what has happened to your party. If you were not, then-- maybe tour new kind of republican party should we rename itself , so it is clear you choose to be affiliated with the racist, lying, greedy,  Hitler want to be who is in office now .


Oh my. "littel dinny", Hitler, the KKK - let it go, that is all nonsense.

 

As to the Republican establishment being shocked at the "hijacking" of their Party - of course. In the last primary season the people said "enough" to the establishment and rejected it's people. I hope you didn't think that was something recently revealed to you or them. It happened last November.

 

And yes, the ideology has changed under President Trump - that is what the Republican voters wanted in the primaries and in the national elections.

Honored Social Butterfly

Yes, I am outraged as to whatr has happened to the Republican Pary, it is certainly not the Party that I joined in 1973.   I have becine a "Californian Republican"   Liberal on social issues and conservatiive on fiscal issues.
But tocay, with the advent of the Tea Party, is have become in my mind as bad as in manyy aspects the Democratic Party.

There is not really a third Party and perhaps that is where I belong. In the meanwhile, I will preserve my Republican Card, because it allows me to vote on Primaries. otherwise, I wouldn't be able to vote on them.

no name
Regular Contributor

Interesting if flawed concept.  It is NOT POSSIBLE to be liberal on social issues & Fiscally Conservative.  These two positions are polar opposites as Liberal on social issues means ignoring immigration laws, borders, language and culture and assimilation and massive redistribution of wealth taking as much as you can from those who work hard for what they have and giving it to those who are largely non-productive making bad to terrible choices about their lives and life styles and then depending on government to bail them out - no concept of personal responsibility at all.  And Yes, I know, the concept of personal responsibility for ones' lot in life is sooooo judgemental.

 

Meanwile, since "you didn't build that" you have no right to expect to keep any more of what your efforts and hard work earn for you.  All that you have and earn are property of the generous Federal and State Governments that allow you to keep more than your fair share of what you have earned.  That money can so much more wisely be used by the governments to buy votes from those who depend on the government for their existence.

 

Problem is, to quote a famous lady - "the problem with socialism and progressivism is that, eventually, you run out of other peoples money to take and give away"   And, then what do you do?

Honored Social Butterfly


@j868138h wrote:

 

 to quote a famous lady - "the problem with socialism and progressivism is that, eventually, you run out of other peoples money to take and give away"  


 When news of that "lady's" death became known, people all over the world cheered, danced and sang - "Ding Dong the Witch is Dead, The Wicked Witch is Dead".

I suspect that the orange Elmer Fudd act alike's demise will be similarly observed by the majority of humans in the world.

44>dolt45
Honored Social Butterfly


@alferdpacker wrote:

@j868138h wrote:

 

 to quote a famous lady - "the problem with socialism and progressivism is that, eventually, you run out of other peoples money to take and give away"  


 When news of that "lady's" death became known, people all over the world cheered, danced and sang - "Ding Dong the Witch is Dead, The Wicked Witch is Dead".

I suspect that the orange Elmer Fudd act alike's demise will be similarly observed by the majority of humans in the world.


Margaret Thatcher was right. No one can dispute the logic of her words. Instead we see silliness about the songs radical lefties sing from "The Wizard of Oz" and Elmer Fudd and, of course, the usual "orange" jazz.

 

Now, back to basics - without such silliness, can anyone logically dispute, “The problem with socialism is that you eventually run out of other people's money.”?

Honored Social Butterfly

Funny how some actually call themselves Republican and actually believe it while voting consistently for the weakest Republican in the Primaries and ALWAYS voting Democrat in the real (deal) elections.

Honored Social Butterfly


@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Funny how some actually call themselves Republican and actually believe it while voting consistently for the weakest Republican in the Primaries and ALWAYS voting Democrat in the real (deal) elections.


The Republican Party traditionally had many moderate members. It's funny how some Far Right Republicons haven't noticed their Party change so drastically and radically by moving so far to the Extreme Right. No more moderates.


Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
0 Kudos
394 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@rk9152 wrote:

@xrepub wrote:

The proper name is democratic party. Some repugs insist on calling it the democrat party, and they are wrong, as usual. Some even go so far as to insist that the name be changed to suit their own biases. I sometimes use the term repug to refer to those republicans who do that.


Yes, and our President's name is Trump, not the other cutsey variations.  The Republican Party is capitalized and it's members are "Republicans, not "repugs".

 

So, your point is??


@rk9152 Cearly to INSULT Republicans and President Trump...

 

 

VIMTSTL
Regular Contributor

"oh really?  When Obama and his administration lied and colluded, deceived America about Benghazi, involved himself in justice matters so he could stir the race pot..." Did you stand up then???

 

And, it is activist Federal judges that are clearly using judicial overreach to obstruct and resist Trump's agenda...not objective jurists who follow the constitution that you and your ilk hate...

Honored Social Butterfly

There is nothing "Democratic" about a manchild idiot winning a presidential election whenever his opponent received 2.9 million more votes than him !!!!!


Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Regular Contributor

The Democratic part of the elewction is the beauty of the ELectoral College which the founders, in their collective wisdom, put in place to prevent a handful of major population centers from overriding the overall will of the people.  More than 2/3 of all counties went for TYrump - across America so the will of the people, especially those in your hated "flyover" country was heard and implemented.

 

And generally, when I say you, if not obvious to the post I'm responding to it's the collective you of the left wing AARP.org I'm addressing as they clearly have a n agenda to imp;lement a fully socialist agenda.  From Each, To each...has never worked will never work in practice.  Free markets and the opportunity to pursue dreams and happiness is what America is supposed to be about.

 

Oh...and BTW...assertions to the contrary, you cannot choose your gender - Biology and The Almighty did that for you.  You can choose how you "Feel" snowflake depending on what seems to be politically correct at the moment - but you are either an XY (male) or XX (Female, with  a very, very few trisomy exceptions.

Honored Social Butterfly


@j868138h wrote:

 

Oh...and BTW...assertions to the contrary, you cannot choose your gender - Biology and The Almighty did that for you.  You can choose how you "Feel" snowflake depending on what seems to be politically correct at the moment - but you are either an XY (male) or XX (Female, with  a very, very few trisomy exceptions.


Dead wrong.

Kim Petras, and over a thousand more all over the world are living proof that you're dead wrong.

 

Kim Petras - Wikipedia

44>dolt45
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png