Learn how to spot and avoid common scams with AARP's Fraud Resource Center. Try it today!

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
161
Views

Re: It is Not Ocasio-Cortez' Dancing That Concerns Republicans

161 Views
Message 61 of 93

@easyed598 wrote:

Mick quotes Cortez--But once you get to, like, the tippy tops— on your 10 millionth dollar— sometimes you see tax rates as high as 60 or 70 percent.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Tippy Top? Yeah that works for me until I hit my 10 million mark. George Soros might not too happy about that rate. One of the N.Y. news media  people today was complaining today that she already pays 50 cents on every dollar with Federal ,State,N.Y city tax and her property tax  .Add another 30 cent tax and she will be paying more than 80 cents on every dollar. On a  $200,000  yearly salary  she will be left with about $40,000 for every thing else. Wonder what the Clintons think of this proposed tax hike being residents of New York. Maybe Nancy Pelosi ,one of richest member of Congress, should have a talk with her about her "Tippy Top" talk.  Just think,Ocasio-Cortez, just a month ago was complaining about not having enough money for rent in the D.C. area.She can always get a part time job dancing at one of the local clubs.


The problem is that the "news person" lied through her teeth, and you bought it.

Under the inflation adjusted 1980 tax rates, her Federal tax would be 39%, and because Revenue Sharing would be BACK, her State and Local taxes would be back to 1980 levels as well, so she'd have more money in her pocket NET than she does now.

 

By the way, a SMALL Apratment in NYC goes for +$3000/month, so next time you hear someone claim they only keep half their income after paying taxes and can still live there, call bs, because it is.

 

In fact, if you make LESS than $200,000, you'll see a tax cut in your Federal income tax, and with an additional $2.2 TRILLION in annual revenue, all those things your State and City need will be covered by REVENUE SHARING and those taxes will drop like a rock while services provided will skyrocket while single payer universal coverage will be a reality with no additional charge.

 

GOPers will be told to claim "that's not possible" but because of the HUGE increase in income at the tippy top, it is not only possible, it's verifiable for anyone with a 5th grade education and a few minutes on Google.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
161
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
151
Views

Re: It is Not Ocasio-Cortez' Dancing That Concerns Republicans

151 Views
Message 62 of 93

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

SOOOO many inaccuracies, hideden agendas and outright lies, its hard t osee where to begin.

 

The TMR in the USA was 91% from 1936 until 1965, and the actual effective rate paid by those at the very top of the economic heap was 67%. With that rate we overcame the Republican policy debacle aka the Great Depression, tamed our rivers with GOVERNMENT funded locks and dams, won WWII,  grew the most vibrant Middle Class and gave ALL Americans the highest standard of living, lowest inflation, best schools, best health care and most generous retirements.

 

Then to gain support for the worthless War he lied us into, LBJ cut the TMR all the way down to 70%, where it stayed from 1965 until 1981. During that time the AVERAGE individual in the top 1% earned $1.5Million/year and paid an effective rate of 54%. Our Standard of Living remained close to the top, anyone who could pass the tests could get a college education withour going into debt, BUT the connection between worker productivity and wages began to fray as more and more of the profits migrated int othe pockets of those doing the dividing.

 

Since Reagan and the GOP slashed the TMR to 28% and held it below 40%, American workers have seen their REAL income DECREASE, we are the only industrialized Nation where the life expectency is DECLINING and 650,000 people lose EVERYTHING EVERY YEAR because a family member GOT SICK.

 

Restoring the preReagan tax structure, adjusted for inflation, would generate revenue of over $4.3Trillion, enough to restore America to #1 in living standard, health care, education, life expectency, infrastructure and retirement AND NOT A SINGLE ARTICLE OF WEALTH - STOCKS, BONDS, HOUSES, YACHTS, AIRPLANES, JEWLERY - will every be taken from the Uberrich. They will still get more wealth every year, just not as fast as they have been.

 

For a Dem to publically state the obvious need for a return to the sanity of our preReagan tax structure is a breath of fresh air, and will doom GOPers to their richly deserved status as minority party.


The usual envy and class hatred with the same old fraudulent numbers repeated over and over. Those you hate are paying a higher percentage of the federal income taxes (and others) today then in the days before the "dreaded" Reagan tax cuts.

 

If you want Marx based Socialism, just honestly say so and get into interesting discussions rather than riding this merry-go-round.

 

Rise workers you have nothing to lose but your shackles was a battle cry of the past. If you like it, chant it instead of those phony TMR numbers.


You say that Scout posts " the same old fraudulent numbers". You say that scout's TMR numbers are  "phony TMR numbers".  As usual you offer no documentation or sources proving them to be false or incorrect. Why is that? Because you can't? Post them if you have them.


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
151
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
146
Views

Re: It is Not Ocasio-Cortez' Dancing That Concerns Republicans

146 Views
Message 63 of 93

Representative Ocasio-Cortez has noticed we are becoming a banana republic with nukes and she has the intelligence to understand it is because the Reaganscam is nothing but a vehicle to redistribute income from the middle class to the very top of the 1%.

 

She's also smart enough to know that no rich person became poor when the TMR was 70%, and every generation went farther than their parents did.

 

She also noticed after the TMR was slashed to 28% and then raised to 39.6%,  her generation did not do as well as their parents and their parents didn't do as well as the Grandparents.

 

And while learning these simple facts, she also noticed that college is no longer affordable, our infrastructure is falling apart and our life expectancy is FALLING, all due to a lack of Government support.

 

So she made a totally rational and reasonable suggestion - LET'S GO BACK TO A TAX SYSTEM THAT MADE THINGS BETTER FOR EVERYONE!

 

THAT is what terrifies the GOPerLords who have told their minions its a neoMarxist plot, and the minions parrot the nonsense without any rhyme or reason to support their neoFascist rants.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
146
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
135
Views

Re: It is Not Ocasio-Cortez' Dancing That Concerns Republicans

135 Views
Message 64 of 93

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

SOOOO many inaccuracies, hideden agendas and outright lies, its hard t osee where to begin.

 

The TMR in the USA was 91% from 1936 until 1965, and the actual effective rate paid by those at the very top of the economic heap was 67%. With that rate we overcame the Republican policy debacle aka the Great Depression, tamed our rivers with GOVERNMENT funded locks and dams, won WWII,  grew the most vibrant Middle Class and gave ALL Americans the highest standard of living, lowest inflation, best schools, best health care and most generous retirements.

 

Then to gain support for the worthless War he lied us into, LBJ cut the TMR all the way down to 70%, where it stayed from 1965 until 1981. During that time the AVERAGE individual in the top 1% earned $1.5Million/year and paid an effective rate of 54%. Our Standard of Living remained close to the top, anyone who could pass the tests could get a college education withour going into debt, BUT the connection between worker productivity and wages began to fray as more and more of the profits migrated int othe pockets of those doing the dividing.

 

Since Reagan and the GOP slashed the TMR to 28% and held it below 40%, American workers have seen their REAL income DECREASE, we are the only industrialized Nation where the life expectency is DECLINING and 650,000 people lose EVERYTHING EVERY YEAR because a family member GOT SICK.

 

Restoring the preReagan tax structure, adjusted for inflation, would generate revenue of over $4.3Trillion, enough to restore America to #1 in living standard, health care, education, life expectency, infrastructure and retirement AND NOT A SINGLE ARTICLE OF WEALTH - STOCKS, BONDS, HOUSES, YACHTS, AIRPLANES, JEWLERY - will every be taken from the Uberrich. They will still get more wealth every year, just not as fast as they have been.

 

For a Dem to publically state the obvious need for a return to the sanity of our preReagan tax structure is a breath of fresh air, and will doom GOPers to their richly deserved status as minority party.


The usual envy and class hatred with the same old fraudulent numbers repeated over and over. Those you hate are paying a higher percentage of the federal income taxes (and others) today then in the days before the "dreaded" Reagan tax cuts.

 



IF those are fraudulent numbers, trot out the correct ones for all to see.

The ONLY reason the 1% pay that high percent of total taxes is they stole all the income from the 99%, and then reduced Federal revenue (total taxes paid) by 75% to continue the Reagan taxscam. When you take everybody else's money and slash the total amount of taxes paid, you WILL wind up paying a larger share of taxes, BUT you will also have a MUCH HIGHER NET INCOME while everyone else has their real income DECLINE.

 

If there's any hatred its because most folks object to being robbed, moreso by those who do it with clever legislation and inane bumper sticker philosophy.

 

Last time I checked, the USA was lightyears away from a Socialist State from 1936 to 1981, but since 1981 we've moved closer and closer to a banana republic with nukes, ruled by a totally unrestrained and unelected Oligarchy supported by a mountain of lies and hate they create so their base won't notice they've been robbed.


I believe I have posted that I have no way of knowing if a person is a sincere Marxist based on their approach to government and social issues. If a person is sincere in their beliefs I respect them as a decent person - but consider them to be naive.

 

On the other hand a person might be so deep in class hatred and envy based on some incidents in their lives or their past failures that they see elements of Marxism as a way to take over the property of others. Such a person deserves and receives only my disdain.

 

As I said - who is which is beyond my capacity to determine here.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
135
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
133
Views

Re: It is Not Ocasio-Cortez' Dancing That Concerns Republicans

133 Views
Message 65 of 93

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

SOOOO many inaccuracies, hideden agendas and outright lies, its hard t osee where to begin.

 

The TMR in the USA was 91% from 1936 until 1965, and the actual effective rate paid by those at the very top of the economic heap was 67%. With that rate we overcame the Republican policy debacle aka the Great Depression, tamed our rivers with GOVERNMENT funded locks and dams, won WWII,  grew the most vibrant Middle Class and gave ALL Americans the highest standard of living, lowest inflation, best schools, best health care and most generous retirements.

 

Then to gain support for the worthless War he lied us into, LBJ cut the TMR all the way down to 70%, where it stayed from 1965 until 1981. During that time the AVERAGE individual in the top 1% earned $1.5Million/year and paid an effective rate of 54%. Our Standard of Living remained close to the top, anyone who could pass the tests could get a college education withour going into debt, BUT the connection between worker productivity and wages began to fray as more and more of the profits migrated int othe pockets of those doing the dividing.

 

Since Reagan and the GOP slashed the TMR to 28% and held it below 40%, American workers have seen their REAL income DECREASE, we are the only industrialized Nation where the life expectency is DECLINING and 650,000 people lose EVERYTHING EVERY YEAR because a family member GOT SICK.

 

Restoring the preReagan tax structure, adjusted for inflation, would generate revenue of over $4.3Trillion, enough to restore America to #1 in living standard, health care, education, life expectency, infrastructure and retirement AND NOT A SINGLE ARTICLE OF WEALTH - STOCKS, BONDS, HOUSES, YACHTS, AIRPLANES, JEWLERY - will every be taken from the Uberrich. They will still get more wealth every year, just not as fast as they have been.

 

For a Dem to publically state the obvious need for a return to the sanity of our preReagan tax structure is a breath of fresh air, and will doom GOPers to their richly deserved status as minority party.


The usual envy and class hatred with the same old fraudulent numbers repeated over and over. Those you hate are paying a higher percentage of the federal income taxes (and others) today then in the days before the "dreaded" Reagan tax cuts.

 



IF those are fraudulent numbers, trot out the correct ones for all to see.

The ONLY reason the 1% pay that high percent of total taxes is they stole all the income from the 99%, and then reduced Federal revenue (total taxes paid) by 75% to continue the Reagan taxscam. When you take everybody else's money and slash the total amount of taxes paid, you WILL wind up paying a larger share of taxes, BUT you will also have a MUCH HIGHER NET INCOME while everyone else has their real income DECLINE.

 

If there's any hatred its because most folks object to being robbed, moreso by those who do it with clever legislation and inane bumper sticker philosophy.

 

Last time I checked, the USA was lightyears away from a Socialist State from 1936 to 1981, but since 1981 we've moved closer and closer to a banana republic with nukes, ruled by a totally unrestrained and unelected Oligarchy supported by a mountain of lies and hate they create so their base won't notice they've been robbed.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
133
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
135
Views

Re: It is Not Ocasio-Cortez' Dancing That Concerns Republicans

135 Views
Message 66 of 93

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote: 

She has not sposored or co-sponsored any legislation anywhere

Possibly you had not noticed that she is all over the media with her Green New Deal.

 

Here is the Hillarious part - The Trump Cult cites Trumps not being a Typical Politician as a reason they voted for him

Why is that funny????

 

 


Well, it has been compared to hiring a plumber to do your colonoscopy.


I had not heard that. Who made the comparison and how does it compare? Not being a typical pol has no relationship to a plumber or a colonoscopy.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
135
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
130
Views

Re: It is Not Ocasio-Cortez' Dancing That Concerns Republicans

130 Views
Message 67 of 93

@Olderscout66 wrote:

SOOOO many inaccuracies, hideden agendas and outright lies, its hard t osee where to begin.

 

The TMR in the USA was 91% from 1936 until 1965, and the actual effective rate paid by those at the very top of the economic heap was 67%. With that rate we overcame the Republican policy debacle aka the Great Depression, tamed our rivers with GOVERNMENT funded locks and dams, won WWII,  grew the most vibrant Middle Class and gave ALL Americans the highest standard of living, lowest inflation, best schools, best health care and most generous retirements.

 

Then to gain support for the worthless War he lied us into, LBJ cut the TMR all the way down to 70%, where it stayed from 1965 until 1981. During that time the AVERAGE individual in the top 1% earned $1.5Million/year and paid an effective rate of 54%. Our Standard of Living remained close to the top, anyone who could pass the tests could get a college education withour going into debt, BUT the connection between worker productivity and wages began to fray as more and more of the profits migrated int othe pockets of those doing the dividing.

 

Since Reagan and the GOP slashed the TMR to 28% and held it below 40%, American workers have seen their REAL income DECREASE, we are the only industrialized Nation where the life expectency is DECLINING and 650,000 people lose EVERYTHING EVERY YEAR because a family member GOT SICK.

 

Restoring the preReagan tax structure, adjusted for inflation, would generate revenue of over $4.3Trillion, enough to restore America to #1 in living standard, health care, education, life expectency, infrastructure and retirement AND NOT A SINGLE ARTICLE OF WEALTH - STOCKS, BONDS, HOUSES, YACHTS, AIRPLANES, JEWLERY - will every be taken from the Uberrich. They will still get more wealth every year, just not as fast as they have been.

 

For a Dem to publically state the obvious need for a return to the sanity of our preReagan tax structure is a breath of fresh air, and will doom GOPers to their richly deserved status as minority party.


The usual envy and class hatred with the same old fraudulent numbers repeated over and over. Those you hate are paying a higher percentage of the federal income taxes (and others) today then in the days before the "dreaded" Reagan tax cuts.

 

If you want Marx based Socialism, just honestly say so and get into interesting discussions rather than riding this merry-go-round.

 

Rise workers you have nothing to lose but your shackles was a battle cry of the past. If you like it, chant it instead of those phony TMR numbers.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
130
Views
Super Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
135
Views

Re: It is Not Ocasio-Cortez' Dancing That Concerns Republicans

135 Views
Message 68 of 93

Going off from Olderscout's post on the national debt..... I post this most basic article on which party is typically not in favor of big government and it's debt.

 

link will not work...type in browser:  www.scholastic.com/browse/article.jsp?=id=4706

 

"What Do Parties Stand For?"  from Scholastic.com

 

This is what we teach the youngest Americans.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
135
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
124
Views

Re: It is Not Ocasio-Cortez' Dancing That Concerns Republicans

124 Views
Message 69 of 93

Repealing the Reagan taxscam and returning to (inflation adjusted) 1980 tax brackets with no change to current deductions would increase Revenue to $4.3Trillion while REDUCING the effective income tax rate for the average worker by 47%.

 

When the average citizen had that fair and reasonable tax structure, they were able to SAVE 10.4% of their income compared to 2.2% today under the scam.

 

When the Nation had a fair and reasonable tax structure we built AND MAINTAINED the greatest infrastructure in the World, college education was affordable for everyone wishing to attend and every generation did BETTER than the one before. WE WANT THAT BACK!

 

So what great benefit that we have derived from the Reagan taxscam do GOPers wish to retain into the future?

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
124
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
123
Views

Re: It is Not Ocasio-Cortez' Dancing That Concerns Republicans

123 Views
Message 70 of 93

 

Olderscout wrote-President Obama entered office with a Debt of $11,910TRILLION and a budget deficit of $1.2TRILLION. When he left office, the Deficit was $312Brillion and the Debt was $20.925Trillion, an increase of $9.002Trillion or76% (9002/11900=.76)and debt service of $216Brillion.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Thanks for posting-Using your figures,Trump had less average  debt accumulation in his first two years than Obama 8 year average. If you want to count inflation ,it was a lot less.   Debt service over decades will never be solved because no Congress will ever cut back on spending . Fortunately,most of us won`t be around when it all comes tumbling down.

 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
123
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!


close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors