Medicare open enrollment begins Tuesday! Visit the AARP Medicare Resource Center for the information you need to make your best choices.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: It is Not Ocasio-Cortez' Dancing That Concerns Republicans

Message 41 of 93

@Laurie42010 wrote:

@rk9152  That 47% of the EITC that you refer to, so are none of those people Republicans?  Is that your point?  I can only imagine how they must feel not being able to survive without such tax credit in a country with so much wealth?!  Many to my understanding are working full-time jobs and still have to obtain additional income just to be poor, no?

I have no idea nor did I mention Party of Registration. I was responding to the "pay your fair share" comment which distorted the percentages paid at the other end.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 93

@Panjandrum wrote:

Olderscout:     

GOPers don't pay attention to what their leaders do - probably because it's so disgusting, but the result is they have no idea who is responsible for the problems they complain about.

The GOP doesn't care about the debt  except as a tool until to rile the Rubes when a Democrat is in power (they never catch on to the game being played).

I agree - no one in DC regardless of Party seems willing to touch the third rail of deficit spending. But, O-C's plan seems only interested in using "Green" for wealth redistribution.

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 93

@rk9152  That 47% of the EITC that you refer to, so are none of those people Republicans?  Is that your point?  I can only imagine how they must feel not being able to survive without such tax credit in a country with so much wealth?!  Many to my understanding are working full-time jobs and still have to obtain additional income just to be poor, no?

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 93

Soosie. (spelled correctly)

I don't think that this girl should inspire fear or anything else. Frankly I couldn't care less if she was dancing naked in  that roof.

Whatever her political ambitions happen to be. they will not take in the national arena. and that is where everything counts.

The Democrats are not that stupid. sometimes they are but as a whole they are not.

They know that in the 2020 elections they need a candidate that actually  has lots of qualifications. and those are  not to the left only.

they need a  very strong leader that will be able to unite all facts and create  policies that will deal with all Americans.

At this point in time frankly I have not seen any of the tumultuous   amount of them that would like to be President.

I don't know yet who will emerge. but the one that does better be very good.  Just like the Brits they have had it with Brexit and now they really don't know how anything is going to end. same here with a populism that has created the most autocratic President in the history of this country.

So, something that will not create doubts as to how they view this Republic is needed. we will have to wait and see.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 93

The GOP doesn't care about the debt  except as a tool until to rile the Rubes when a Democrat is in power (they never catch on to the game being played).

The rubes don't care about it either, they won't care until the checks stop.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 93

rk9152:  The usual envy and class hatred with the same old fraudulent numbers repeated over and over.

Perhaps you would care to give us the correct numbers since you say they are fraudulent?

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 93

Olderscout:     

GOPers don't pay attention to what their leaders do - probably because it's so disgusting, but the result is they have no idea who is responsible for the problems they complain about.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 93

@mickstuder wrote:

@EmmaPeel55 wrote:

Ocasio-Cortez is a laughable nutjob!  

Yup and the Radical Left like me - Love Her

The Entire Republican Party is afraid of her & she's still a Rookie in Politics

Ask this guy who she beat if he thinks she's laughable

Joseph Crowley is an American politician who served as the U.S. Representative for New York's 14th congressional district from 1999 to 2019. He represented the 7th district from 1999 to 2013 and was Chair of the House Democratic Caucus from 2017 until 2019.

Ha Ha that's Funny huh?

She's a Freshman US House Representative for 2 weeks & she's got the the Entire Right Wing Conservative Republican Party Establishment Giving Her More National Name Recognition - than Millions in TV Ads could have ever achieved

That's Real Fear - the Mighty Republican Party hasn't spent this much time & effort on Demagoguing Nancy Pelosi the One Democrat who right now is desexualizing the self-avowed Greatest Deal Maker in History who's position he holds was once recognized as the most Powerful Man on Earth

Based on your "coverage" theory, CNN, MSNBC, CBS, WaPo, NBC, ABC, NYT, etc. etc. etc. have come over to the right side.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 93

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

You say that Scout posts " the same old fraudulent numbers". You say that scout's TMR numbers are  "phony TMR numbers".  As usual you offer no documentation or sources proving them to be false or incorrect. Why is that? Because you can't? Post them if you have them.

The TMR does not indicate how much anyone paid nor their percentage of the total take by the Treasury. I posted meaningful numbers showing that the hated 1%ers actually paid more after the dreaded Reagan tax cuts as well as today.

You had a typo error, you posted meaningless numbers that proved nothing. If an individual group of people earn 90 % of the total earnings in America, they should pay 90% of the total taxes collected.

You said that Scout's numbers were "phony" ........... prove it.

I did - the TMR he constantly whines about has not stopped an increase in the actual taxes paid by the Oligarchs, etc.

Consider it proved.

You "prove" nothing but tell me to "consider it proved". Common among trump supporters.

If a particular group earns 90% of the total earnings in America, they should pay 90% of the total taxes collected. They don't, so the TMR needs raised.

Fair enough - I found a chart stating that in 2015 (sorry nothing newer) the top 1% earned 20.65% and paid 39.04% of the total. That would indicate that should get a tax cut.

And then we have the 47% (or whatever it is now) who pay zippo in fact due to EITC actually get a refund on taxes they didn't pay.

Care to talk about "fair share"?

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 93

@EmmaPeel55 wrote:

Ocasio-Cortez is a laughable nutjob!  

Yup and the Radical Left like me - Love Her

The Entire Republican Party is afraid of her & she's still a Rookie in Politics

Ask this guy who she beat if he thinks she's laughable

Joseph Crowley is an American politician who served as the U.S. Representative for New York's 14th congressional district from 1999 to 2019. He represented the 7th district from 1999 to 2013 and was Chair of the House Democratic Caucus from 2017 until 2019.

Ha Ha that's Funny huh?

She's a Freshman US House Representative for 2 weeks & she's got the the Entire Right Wing Conservative Republican Party Establishment Giving Her More National Name Recognition - than Millions in TV Ads could have ever achieved

That's Real Fear - the Mighty Republican Party hasn't spent this much time & effort on Demagoguing Nancy Pelosi the One Democrat who right now is desexualizing the self-avowed Greatest Deal Maker in History who's position he holds was once recognized as the most Powerful Man on Earth

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors