Staying Sharp empowers you to take control of your brain health as you age. Try it today!

Reply
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
125
Views

Re: It is Not Ocasio-Cortez' Dancing That Concerns Republicans

125 Views
Message 31 of 93

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
125
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
129
Views

Re: It is Not Ocasio-Cortez' Dancing That Concerns Republicans

129 Views
Message 32 of 93

@rk9152 My apologies. I was referring to the following thread and thought it was going on what parties have been using for the reasoning of the tax ratio (example: Reagan Economics of that trickle down).  My misunderstanding, I guess and I'm sorry again.

 


@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:


You say that Scout posts " the same old fraudulent numbers". You say that scout's TMR numbers are  "phony TMR numbers".  As usual you offer no documentation or sources proving them to be false or incorrect. Why is that? Because you can't? Post them if you have them.

 

The TMR does not indicate how much anyone paid nor their percentage of the total take by the Treasury. I posted meaningful numbers showing that the hated 1%ers actually paid more after the dreaded Reagan tax cuts as well as today.


 


You had a typo error, you posted meaningless numbers that proved nothing. If an individual group of people earn 90 % of the total earnings in America, they should pay 90% of the total taxes collected.

 

You said that Scout's numbers were "phony" ........... prove it.


I did - the TMR he constantly whines about has not stopped an increase in the actual taxes paid by the Oligarchs, etc.

 

Consider it proved.


You "prove" nothing but tell me to "consider it proved". Common among trump supporters.

 

If a particular group earns 90% of the total earnings in America, they should pay 90% of the total taxes collected. They don't, so the TMR needs raised.


Fair enough - I found a chart stating that in 2015 (sorry nothing newer) the top 1% earned 20.65% and paid 39.04% of the total. That would indicate that should get a tax cut.

 

And then we have the 47% (or whatever it is now) who pay zippo in fact due to EITC actually get a refund on taxes they didn't pay.

 

Care to talk about "fair share"?


 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
129
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
133
Views

Re: It is Not Ocasio-Cortez' Dancing That Concerns Republicans

133 Views
Message 33 of 93

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

When you look at ALL taxes paid, the bottom 47% pay nearly as much as the 1% because the FICA is capped, and rich people have tax exempt income not feasible for the bottom 90%, and only 30% of their income is subject to sales tax because that's all they consume. 

Again you are mixing apples and oranges when you confuse income with purchase of insurance (SS).  When you compare apples to apples, the 1% are carrying ALL the load.


Your basket of rocks and grapes is amazing. The subject is INCOME and what happens to it before you can spend it on yourself, which is the only reasonable measure of its value, not a single factor such as federal income tax. A person's contribution must be measured in terms of what they do without, not the numeric size of the contribution. The 1% give up NOTHING, never have, never will. The bottom 90% give up a great deal, twice as much as they did before Reagan.


If you want to call it rocks and grapes okay but, the comparison is still valid. You have the low incomes complaining they are paying taxes and FICA and you have the 1% saying they are carrying the full load paying OVER 37% of all taxes and they still have to pay for their servants, yachts, Bugatti Veyron. Cry on.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
133
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
127
Views

Re: It is Not Ocasio-Cortez' Dancing That Concerns Republicans

127 Views
Message 34 of 93

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@EmmaPeel55 wrote:

Ocasio-Cortez is a laughable nutjob!  


Yup and the Radical Left like me - Love Her

 

The Entire Republican Party is afraid of her & she's still a Rookie in Politics

 

Ask this guy who she beat if he thinks she's laughable

 

Joseph Crowley is an American politician who served as the U.S. Representative for New York's 14th congressional district from 1999 to 2019. He represented the 7th district from 1999 to 2013 and was Chair of the House Democratic Caucus from 2017 until 2019.

 

Ha Ha that's Funny huh?

 

She's a Freshman US House Representative for 2 weeks & she's got the the Entire Right Wing Conservative Republican Party Establishment Giving Her More National Name Recognition - than Millions in TV Ads could have ever achieved

 

That's Real Fear - the Mighty Republican Party hasn't spent this much time & effort on Demagoguing Nancy Pelosi the One Democrat who right now is desexualizing the self-avowed Greatest Deal Maker in History who's position he holds was once recognized as the most Powerful Man on Earth

 

 Based on your "coverage" theory, CNN, MSNBC, CBS, WaPo, NBC, ABC, NYT, etc. etc. etc. have come over to the right side.

 

 

 


 


No it simply proves - the Media is unbiased and reports to the American People what their Elected Officals say

 

What they are saying is a Freshman Congress Woman with No Political Experience - the Youngest Woman to ever serve in the US Congress

 

Has got them all AFRAID

 

BTW -

 

In 1945 there was 6 Democratic Woman in the House - 5 Republicans

 

In 1945 in the Senate there were 0 Democratic Woman in the House - 0 Republican

 

In 2019 there are 89 Democratic Woman in the House - 13 Republicans

 

In 2019 there are 17 Democratic Woman in the Senate - 8 Republican

 

It's Fairly easy to see why AOC is such a Threat to Republicans

 

in 1995 there were the same Total # of Republican Woman in Congress as Today in 2019 (21)

 

There are 106 Democratic Woman in Congress Today - 36 in 1995

 

Source - http://cawp.rutgers.edu/history-women-us-congress

 

 

 No, it just proves you were colorfully wrong about your claim as to who was giving her all the publicity. 

 

And - what makes you think anyone is afraid of her because of her genitalia? I personally am turned off by her ideology, not her gender (that sort of thing is a left concern).

 

 


 


Well what motivates you personally might interest someone somewhere...........but I think we all know you don't live anywhere near New Yorks 14th District - so it's kind of a moot point for you & the most of the rest of the Trump Cult

 

But I'm sure AOC's appreciates the Status ya'll are elevating her too

 

I don't think she even has any major Committee Assignments in the US House & yet the Trump Cult is already claiming she has set the National Democratic Parties Policy Platform

 

Sometimes you folks can get really really all twisted up in the weeds huh?

 

Funny stuff............

 

 

 

 

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
127
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
123
Views

Re: It is Not Ocasio-Cortez' Dancing That Concerns Republicans

123 Views
Message 35 of 93

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

When you look at ALL taxes paid, the bottom 47% pay nearly as much as the 1% because the FICA is capped, and rich people have tax exempt income not feasible for the bottom 90%, and only 30% of their income is subject to sales tax because that's all they consume. 

Again you are mixing apples and oranges when you confuse income with purchase of insurance (SS).  When you compare apples to apples, the 1% are carrying ALL the load.


Your basket of rocks and grapes is amazing. The subject is INCOME and what happens to it before you can spend it on yourself, which is the only reasonable measure of its value, not a single factor such as federal income tax. A person's contribution must be measured in terms of what they do without, not the numeric size of the contribution. The 1% give up NOTHING, never have, never will. The bottom 90% give up a great deal, twice as much as they did before Reagan.

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
123
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
131
Views

Re: It is Not Ocasio-Cortez' Dancing That Concerns Republicans

131 Views
Message 36 of 93

@Olderscout66 wrote:

When you look at ALL taxes paid, the bottom 47% pay nearly as much as the 1% because the FICA is capped, and rich people have tax exempt income not feasible for the bottom 90%, and only 30% of their income is subject to sales tax because that's all they consume. 

Again you are mixing apples and oranges when you confuse income with purchase of insurance (SS).  When you compare apples to apples, the 1% are carrying ALL the load.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
131
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
133
Views

Re: It is Not Ocasio-Cortez' Dancing That Concerns Republicans

133 Views
Message 37 of 93

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:


You say that Scout posts " the same old fraudulent numbers". You say that scout's TMR numbers are  "phony TMR numbers".  As usual you offer no documentation or sources proving them to be false or incorrect. Why is that? Because you can't? Post them if you have them.

 

The TMR does not indicate how much anyone paid nor their percentage of the total take by the Treasury. I posted meaningful numbers showing that the hated 1%ers actually paid more after the dreaded Reagan tax cuts as well as today.


 


You had a typo error, you posted meaningless numbers that proved nothing. If an individual group of people earn 90 % of the total earnings in America, they should pay 90% of the total taxes collected.

 

You said that Scout's numbers were "phony" ........... prove it.


I did - the TMR he constantly whines about has not stopped an increase in the actual taxes paid by the Oligarchs, etc.

 

Consider it proved.


You "prove" nothing but tell me to "consider it proved". Common among trump supporters.

 

If a particular group earns 90% of the total earnings in America, they should pay 90% of the total taxes collected. They don't, so the TMR needs raised.


Fair enough - I found a chart stating that in 2015 (sorry nothing newer) the top 1% earned 20.65% and paid 39.04% of the total. That would indicate that should get a tax cut.

 

And then we have the 47% (or whatever it is now) who pay zippo in fact due to EITC actually get a refund on taxes they didn't pay.

 

Care to talk about "fair share"?


Your argument is that we should all be taxed at the same rate, which has never been the case, and never will be the case.

 

The Rich today pay the smallest portion of their income in taxes in the history of income tax, at the same time Republicans have added nearly half a trillion in debt service to our annual budgets, a payment that goes almost exclusively to the top 1%.

 

In the entire history of Civilization, those at the bottom of the economy NEVER paid more than a tiny fraction of the taxes and in most cases paid NOTHING. 

 

It made no sense for Imperial Rome, and makes no sense today - taking away money that a family needs to survive because some GOPers think that will make them "better Americans" because then "they'll have skin in the game?" Absurd.

 

When you look at ALL taxes paid, the bottom 47% pay nearly as much as the 1% because the FICA is capped, and rich people have tax exempt income not feasible for the bottom 90%, and only 30% of their income is subject to sales tax because that's all they consume.

 

If there were any actual down side for the Nation to have the 1965-80 tax rates, we would've seen it during those 15 years. But instead we saw unparalleled growth in the Middle Class, the creation of the World's highest standard of living, higher education affordable to ALL Americans without borrowing, higher rates of home ownership and a situation where each new generation was going farther economically than their parents.

 

After 32 years of the Reagan taxscam, how many of those things remain? NONE!

 

Time long past to restore what WORKED for ALL Americans, and accept the fact the rich will do just fine paying their fair share as they did from 1917 to 1981.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
133
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
132
Views

Re: It is Not Ocasio-Cortez' Dancing That Concerns Republicans

132 Views
Message 38 of 93

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:


You say that Scout posts " the same old fraudulent numbers". You say that scout's TMR numbers are  "phony TMR numbers".  As usual you offer no documentation or sources proving them to be false or incorrect. Why is that? Because you can't? Post them if you have them.

 

The TMR does not indicate how much anyone paid nor their percentage of the total take by the Treasury. I posted meaningful numbers showing that the hated 1%ers actually paid more after the dreaded Reagan tax cuts as well as today.


 


You had a typo error, you posted meaningless numbers that proved nothing. If an individual group of people earn 90 % of the total earnings in America, they should pay 90% of the total taxes collected.

 

You said that Scout's numbers were "phony" ........... prove it.


I did - the TMR he constantly whines about has not stopped an increase in the actual taxes paid by the Oligarchs, etc.

 

Consider it proved evaded

 

If you pay HALF THE RATE you should have paid, but steal over twice as much from the 99%, the AMOUNT you pay will increase, and that is what the Oligaqrchs have done for DECADES.


 

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
132
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
128
Views

Re: It is Not Ocasio-Cortez' Dancing That Concerns Republicans

128 Views
Message 39 of 93

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@EmmaPeel55 wrote:

Ocasio-Cortez is a laughable nutjob!  


Yup and the Radical Left like me - Love Her

 

The Entire Republican Party is afraid of her & she's still a Rookie in Politics

 

Ask this guy who she beat if he thinks she's laughable

 

Joseph Crowley is an American politician who served as the U.S. Representative for New York's 14th congressional district from 1999 to 2019. He represented the 7th district from 1999 to 2013 and was Chair of the House Democratic Caucus from 2017 until 2019.

 

Ha Ha that's Funny huh?

 

She's a Freshman US House Representative for 2 weeks & she's got the the Entire Right Wing Conservative Republican Party Establishment Giving Her More National Name Recognition - than Millions in TV Ads could have ever achieved

 

That's Real Fear - the Mighty Republican Party hasn't spent this much time & effort on Demagoguing Nancy Pelosi the One Democrat who right now is desexualizing the self-avowed Greatest Deal Maker in History who's position he holds was once recognized as the most Powerful Man on Earth

 

 Based on your "coverage" theory, CNN, MSNBC, CBS, WaPo, NBC, ABC, NYT, etc. etc. etc. have come over to the right side.

 

 

 


 


No it simply proves - the Media is unbiased and reports to the American People what their Elected Officals say

 

What they are saying is a Freshman Congress Woman with No Political Experience - the Youngest Woman to ever serve in the US Congress

 

Has got them all AFRAID

 

BTW -

 

In 1945 there was 6 Democratic Woman in the House - 5 Republicans

 

In 1945 in the Senate there were 0 Democratic Woman in the House - 0 Republican

 

In 2019 there are 89 Democratic Woman in the House - 13 Republicans

 

In 2019 there are 17 Democratic Woman in the Senate - 8 Republican

 

It's Fairly easy to see why AOC is such a Threat to Republicans

 

in 1995 there were the same Total # of Republican Woman in Congress as Today in 2019 (21)

 

There are 106 Democratic Woman in Congress Today - 36 in 1995

 

Source - http://cawp.rutgers.edu/history-women-us-congress

 

 

 No, it just proves you were colorfully wrong about your claim as to who was giving her all the publicity. 

 

And - what makes you think anyone is afraid of her because of her genitalia? I personally am turned off by her ideology, not her gender (that sort of thing is a left concern).

 

 


 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
128
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
135
Views

Re: It is Not Ocasio-Cortez' Dancing That Concerns Republicans

135 Views
Message 40 of 93

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@EmmaPeel55 wrote:

Ocasio-Cortez is a laughable nutjob!  


Yup and the Radical Left like me - Love Her

 

The Entire Republican Party is afraid of her & she's still a Rookie in Politics

 

Ask this guy who she beat if he thinks she's laughable

 

Joseph Crowley is an American politician who served as the U.S. Representative for New York's 14th congressional district from 1999 to 2019. He represented the 7th district from 1999 to 2013 and was Chair of the House Democratic Caucus from 2017 until 2019.

 

Ha Ha that's Funny huh?

 

She's a Freshman US House Representative for 2 weeks & she's got the the Entire Right Wing Conservative Republican Party Establishment Giving Her More National Name Recognition - than Millions in TV Ads could have ever achieved

 

That's Real Fear - the Mighty Republican Party hasn't spent this much time & effort on Demagoguing Nancy Pelosi the One Democrat who right now is desexualizing the self-avowed Greatest Deal Maker in History who's position he holds was once recognized as the most Powerful Man on Earth

 

 Based on your "coverage" theory, CNN, MSNBC, CBS, WaPo, NBC, ABC, NYT, etc. etc. etc. have come over to the right side.

 

 

 


 


No it simply proves - the Media is unbiased and reports to the American People what their Elected Officals say

 

What they are saying is a Freshman Congress Woman with No Political Experience - the Youngest Woman to ever serve in the US Congress

 

Has got them all AFRAID

 

BTW -

 

In 1945 there was 6 Democratic Woman in the House - 5 Republicans

 

In 1945 in the Senate there were 0 Democratic Woman in the House - 0 Republican

 

In 2019 there are 89 Democratic Woman in the House - 13 Republicans

 

In 2019 there are 17 Democratic Woman in the Senate - 8 Republican

 

It's Fairly easy to see why AOC is such a Threat to Republicans

 

in 1995 there were the same Total # of Republican Woman in Congress as Today in 2019 (21)

 

There are 106 Democratic Woman in Congress Today - 36 in 1995

 

Source - http://cawp.rutgers.edu/history-women-us-congress

 

 

 

 

 

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
135
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors