Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Is "Mission Accomplished" Republican speak?

Message 81 of 91
rk posted..

Were it not for the total inability of some on the left to ever have a positive thought about a Republican, it would be obvious that isolating out two words from their context it totally false.

Bush never said those words.

As to Trump - he was praising the UK and France and their military in saying that. And, unless you are privy to the actual mission statement, how can you possibly think that it was not accomplished?

So, who is the "moron" in this scenario - the President or those criticizing him?

============================

Reading posts from the left its easy to understand they have been brainwashed. Their posts show they hope that our country does badly.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 82 of 91

First, the nit-picking by the ignoble donald supporter is correct.. GWB didn't say Mission Accomplished, instead he approved a huge banner to be behind him when patting himself on his own back:

Image result for George W Bush with mission accomplished banner

So as they nit-pick, they can never run a banner again, or attack anyone that has a banner within view of the camera...OK?   

But just likd GWB, Donald is blowing smoke, if one is to believe anyone else that represents him.     From today,  Nikki Haley addressed UN today.   Her statement (8+minutes)    "If the Syrian regime uses this poison gas again, the United States is locked and loaded," Haley said.    That sure doesn't sound like it is all over, now does it.    

Or are the ignoblers going to 'ASSUME" that destroying a building means destroying all that was stored in it ( or presumed to still be in the building).    https://www.yahoo.com/news/syria-uses-toxic-gas-again-u-locked-loaded-154003633.html?soc_trk=gcm&soc...

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 83 of 91

Richva:

Every intelligent voter in America just had their eyebrows raised as Trump repeats Dubya's "Mission Accomplished" meme on Twitter.  I know Trump does not like to read. I am not sure he CAN read but surely this snowflake has seen a broadcasts about how Dubya used that banner to start the longest war in human history?

What a moron. 

Irony has died a thousand deaths (and counting) under Trump.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 84 of 91

@rk9152wrote:

Were it not for the total inability of some on the left to ever have a positive thought about a Republican, it would be obvious that isolating out two words from their context it totally false.

As to Trump - he was praising the UK and France and their military in saying that. And, unless you are privy to the actual mission statement, how can you possibly think that it was not accomplished?

So, who is the "moron" in this scenario - the President or those criticizing him?

Dubya never said those words and I am certain that the banner posted prominently behind him during a photo op was completely missed by the presidential preparation team.  I believe I mentioned the banner in my post but conservatives are allergic to facts. 

As Rush Limbaugh used to say "Words mean things". In America "Mission Accomplished" has become a synonym for catastrophic unintended consequences. 

We still have to go with Rex Tillerson' call on this one. Donald Trump has not moved the Moron meter one bit.  It still solidly points to him. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 85 of 91

@oceanedge2wrote:

rk - So, who is the "moron" in this scenario - the President or those criticizing him?

Obviously dt is the "moron".  This was seven (7) days ago.

Even as Trump urges Syria exit, the military says it’s not finished with ISIS

"seven (7) days ago" - what does that have to do with the issue?

What do you propose - a permanent military presence in the region? As to ISIS - it is an extreme religious ideology. You don't deal with it with massive military presence sending them off to their 72 virgins.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 86 of 91

@schlomowrote:

Although the Iraq War wasn't the longest war in human history, just in our time, Trump's triumphant MISSION ACCOMPLISHED tweet could be as tragically ironic as was Dubya's misnomer.

As far as I know the mission as defined was accomplished. Do you know otherwise?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Esteemed Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 87 of 91

rk - So, who is the "moron" in this scenario - the President or those criticizing him?

Obviously dt is the "moron".  This was seven (7) days ago.

Even as Trump urges Syria exit, the military says it’s not finished with ISIS

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/even-as-trump-urges-syria-exit-the-military-s...

Image result for image cartoon trump confused

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 88 of 91

@rk9152wrote:

@Richvawrote:

Every intelligent voter in America just had their eyebrows raised as Trump repeats Dubya's "Mission Accomplished" meme on Twitter.  I know Trump does not like to read. I am not sure he CAN read but surely this snowflake has seen a broadcasts about how Dubya used that banner to start the longest war in human history?

What a moron. 

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/14/politics/trump-syria-strike/index.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medi...

Without the slightest possibility of doubt - those who follow and support trump exceed him in demonstrating profoundly sub-median performance.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 89 of 91

Although the Iraq War wasn't the longest war in human history, just in our time, Trump's triumphant MISSION ACCOMPLISHED tweet could be as tragically ironic as was Dubya's misnomer.

schlomo
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 90 of 91

@Richvawrote:

What a moron. 

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/14/politics/trump-syria-strike/index.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medi...

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors