Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Is it Against US Law 2 Criticize Israel or Jews?

Message 11 of 33

Just another Example of the Hypocrisy of involving Religion in US Policy Decisions

GOP Rep - Steve Scalise is now saying Rep Ilhan Omar - Cannot be Trusted to receive US Intelligence Reports

WHY

Because she complained about being asked to swear Allegiance to Israel if she wanted to be a Member on the House Foreign Affairs Committee

Source - https://www.huffpost.com/entry/ilhan-omar-foreign-affairs-committee_n_5c7fa182e4b0e62f69e818af

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 33

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

But - No One is Allowed to Question the - US/Israeli Connection

Actually ...................... I think it stems from Biblical beliefs.  Many in our society of all political persuasions seem deeply influenced by the biblical statements about "God's chosen people", IMHO.  Then again, others see them as a necessary ally in a troubled part of the world.

I'm not justifying anything, I'm just answering upon pondering the question.

These comments do a good job illustrating how important it is to have Diverse Representation in Government

Without these new Freshman Members in Congress - we wouldn't be talking about this subject or many of the other - it's about time - subjects Americans need to stop ignoring & being so ignorant towards 

There are roughly 2 Billion Christians & another 2 Billion who follow Islam in the World - there are also a Billion Hindus

Founding Fathers like Thomas Jefferson & Sam Adam's understood how devisive & unhealthy Religion could be if allowed to become integral in a Democratic Republic

Now we have two Muslim Woman in Congress who are asking Good About Time Questions & Religious Finatics are trying to corrupt our Government with their Chistian Righteousness

Keep GOD out of our Democractic Process - it does not belong

How do Citizens ask their representatives why we send so much money & are so defferential to one specific small Country in the Middle East - if their Representatives are going to be Villified Censured & Removed from Committee Assignments for simply asking these - About Time Questions?

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 33

@mickstuder wrote:

Actually ...................... I think it stems from Biblical beliefs.  Many in our society of all political persuasions seem deeply influenced by the biblical statements about "God's chosen people", IMHO.  Then again, others see them as a necessary ally in a troubled part of the world.

I'm not justifying anything, I'm just answering upon pondering the question.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 33

Her comments were so far out that even the Dems felt a need to comment. But, since she is so radical, she does get unwavering support from her fellow radicals.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 33

@Snoopy48 wrote:

Why is it acceptable verbally attack peaceful Muslims but improper to question why some of our Congresspeople are apparently more beholden to a foreign country than our own?  Or latin americans.....

What was anti-Semitic about Rep. Ilhan Omar questioning the allegiance of those Congresspeople who seem to support Israel more than any other country?  Good question.

It seems to me that those who are attacking Rep. Ilhan Omar for expressing her thoughts are more guilty of improper actions than she was.  It's hyper-sensitivity time.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 33

Why is it acceptable verbally attack peaceful Muslims but improper to question why some of our Congresspeople are apparently more beholden to a foreign country than our own?

What was anti-Semitic about Rep. Ilhan Omar questioning the allegiance of those Congresspeople who seem to support Israel more than any other country?

It seems to me that those who are attacking Rep. Ilhan Omar for expressing her thoughts are more guilty of improper actions than she was.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 33

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

It’s a sensitive subject and people have to be careful how they phrase concern or criticism. Most people know criticizing specific Israeli policies is not Anti-Semitic. It’s different than criticizing the very existence of Israel. That IS anti-Semitic.

But some will perceive these two to be one and the same.   

Be clear on the criticism and also leave room to listen to opposing views.  Understand that some see those very policies you dislike to be the ONLY way to ensure Israel’s existence. And I mean Jewish people. Not evangelical Christians who support Israel to usher in the Second Coming. 

The Question - Reasonable Inquiring Minds Want To Know is - WHY?

We Can Question & debate the USA's Financial Support & Commitment to every NATO Country

The Right has us convinced a little tiny harmless Country in the Carrabean - CUBA - is a mortal threat to the USA

The Left has us convinced the Trump is a Financial Puppet of Russia and Saudi Arabia

Israeli Soldiers have never - not once - fought & died beside US Soldiers on the Battlefield - in any recognised Major War/Conflict - not in the Middle East - Not anywhere

And yet they have the Most Favored Nation Status over any other Country in the World

WHY?

I don’t know. People say it’s because it’s a democracy, the only real one in the region. We give almost as much aid to Egypt, by the way, although we don’t hear about that as often.  And I generally agree with that.   But it does have systemic discrimination against Israeli Arabs (Christians, Muslims, Druze), including different property rights. And there is a prohibition against intermarriage.     Very similar to the Islamic states that surround it. Never mind West Bank and Gaza issues. 

Its very difficult to have a nation with an official religion that doesn’t discriminate against those who are a different religion.  But it’s been much better at times than it is now. The nationalism is very strong right now, under Netanyahu. I’d like to see a more liberal leader. 

So while it’s definitely the best democracy in the Middle East, I would like to see less systemic discrimination. Just as I want to see less here. Doesn’t mean I want the US to cease to exist. Same as I don’t want Israel to cease to exist. 

How would any typical American Citizen know how much we really give to Israel - sure there are numbers available to the public but a lot of the aid to Israel is given under a Military/Intelligence Umbrella and it's all Classified - it's all a big Secret - that along with this over-reaction to ilhan Omar's legitimate questions as a US Rep should make every American asking questions

Like with everything else involving Politics & the Kleptocracy masquerading in Washington & many State Capitals as a Democratic Government - follow the MONEY!

This is exactly what has the Democrats acting so Sketchy & it smells

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 33

@nctarheel wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

Now this AM I logon to the Forum and Heads are Exploding about -

HARASSMENT OF THE JEWISH COMMUNITY CONTINUES

I read the article - I saw No Evidence of any Nationwide Epidemic of Harassment of the Jewish Community - a bunch of Dumb Teenagers drinking & being Stupid & some Internet Photos

As I predicted in another thread(Titled as noted above), there are those that will make light of White, Affluent students constructing a SWASTIKA and saluting said SWASTIKA with the NAZI SALUTE.

Just "DUMB TEENAGERS" "BEING STUPID" is just not true. These very same teenagers had recently been educated about THE HOLOCAUST and they weren't "BEING DUMB" or "STUPID"; they knew exactly what they were doing.

The writer goes on by saying there is no "Nationwide Epidemic" of ANTI-SEMITISM.

I guess the writer has forgotten about the following events:

(1) The massacre at the Pittsburgh synagogue

(2) The chants of '"JEWS WILL NOT REPLACE US" at Charlottesville.

(3) The increase in SWASTIKAS and other ANTI-SEMITIC graffiti  painted on synagogue walls in many cities throughout the country.

I also guess that the writer must NOT BELIEVE the ANTI-DEFAMATION LEAGUE'S figures of a 57% rise in ANTI-SEMITIC incidents, starting in 2017, from the previous years.

True. I’m sorry I focused only on the Israel point. But this is true. The ugly rhetoric since the election is so often against LatinX, Muslims, and immigrants. But the actual violence, bias incidents, and threats are overwhelmingly against Jewish people or Jewish sites like synagogues and schools. 😓

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 33

The situation in the Mideast is never going to be resolved, BUT since Israel has somewhere's around 300 thermonulcear bombs and the means to deliver them, the radical arab dream of "driving them into the sea" is going to remain a dream.

But the uptick in Nazism Der Trumper has triggered is a whole different matter.

The Republican Party has sold their soul for POWER, and in the bargain brought into their midst the most craven, demented and dangerous domistic terrorists available.

So far, they have been richly rewarded for this perverse distortion of "inclusiveness" with Legislative victories at all levels of Government

The ONLY way to "get their attention" so they might repent of their UnAmerican activity is to deprive them of that power UNTIL they renounce the Nazis, KKK and White Supremacists they now embrace.

VOTE OUT THE RACIST REPUBLICAN PARTY!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 33

@mickstuder wrote:

Now this AM I logon to the Forum and Heads are Exploding about -

HARASSMENT OF THE JEWISH COMMUNITY CONTINUES

I read the article - I saw No Evidence of any Nationwide Epidemic of Harassment of the Jewish Community - a bunch of Dumb Teenagers drinking & being Stupid & some Internet Photos

As I predicted in another thread(Titled as noted above), there are those that will make light of White, Affluent students constructing a SWASTIKA and saluting said SWASTIKA with the NAZI SALUTE.

Just "DUMB TEENAGERS" "BEING STUPID" is just not true. These very same teenagers had recently been educated about THE HOLOCAUST and they weren't "BEING DUMB" or "STUPID"; they knew exactly what they were doing.

The writer goes on by saying there is no "Nationwide Epidemic" of ANTI-SEMITISM.

I guess the writer has forgotten about the following events:

(1) The massacre at the Pittsburgh synagogue

(2) The chants of '"JEWS WILL NOT REPLACE US" at Charlottesville.

(3) The increase in SWASTIKAS and other ANTI-SEMITIC graffiti  painted on synagogue walls in many cities throughout the country.

I also guess that the writer must NOT BELIEVE the ANTI-DEFAMATION LEAGUE'S figures of a 57% rise in ANTI-SEMITIC incidents, starting in 2017, from the previous years.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors