You could save on auto insurance when you complete the AARP Smart Driver course! Use code '2019' to save 25 percent now.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Is There Any Stopping Donald Trump?

Message 1 of 117

Cruz will, probably, win Texas. BUT Rubio WON'T win Florida. The GOP has to face it......Trump is "da man."

And the Dems are ECSTATIC......Woman LOL

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 117

@runner50 wrote:

‘I’d Rather Vote For Hillary:’ Ted Cruz Voters Explain Why They’ll Never Vote Trump

Looks like big trouble ahead    Bad news for Cruz  no one else but his strongest supporters likes him better.

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 117

Don't know about "stopping Trump" BUT stopping the GOP......FOR SURE. There are GOP voters who will REBEL if Trump wins. Check it out.....as I said, I have always believed Trump is a "Hillary plant" and the GOP supporters who bend over backwards for him are NOT THE BRIGHEST BULBS IN THE PACKAGE......Woman LOL

‘I’d Rather Vote For Hillary:’ Ted Cruz Voters Explain Why They’ll Never Vote Trump

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2016/03/01/3755022/ted-cruz-supporters-never-trump/?utm_source=new...

"several attendees at the Texas Senator’s rally in Houston said they were officially joining the #NeverTrump movement, a Twitter-led push for Republicans to oppose billionaire Trump if he wins the nomination.

“He has no business being in charge of our country,” said Jason Siebold, 44, a Houston resident for the last 12 years. Wearing a Cruz T-shirt designed by the street artist who famously created posters depicting former Texas gubernatorial candidate Wendy Davis as “abortion barbie,” Siebold said he’d sooner vote for Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton than Trump.

“Quite honestly, I would probably vote for Hillary Clinton before I would vote for Donald Trump, because I think Donald Trump is going to destroy the Republican party,” he said. “I’m a Republican, but if Donald Trump wins the election, then the party’s left me. I haven’t left the party. At that point, I’m no longer going to be a Republican.”

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 117

@nctarheel wrote:

Your points above are spot on.

The one that is most important is your half senence, "but he has an ego the size of".

The difference between Trump and all the other candidates, be they Democrat or Republican, is as follows:

All the candidates are stating that our present group in the Legislative Branch and in the Executive Branch are at such odds that nothing gets done, good or bad. They tout that they will bring the two branches together, thus reinstating compromise between the branches as it always has existed.

In other words, these candidates, again, be they Democrat or Republican, want to change how the government has been operating as of late.

There is a glaring difference between that and what Donald Trump wants.

DONALD TRUMP WANTS TO BE THE GOVERNMENT!!!

HE IS A MEGALOMANIAC!!!!!

It is clear that what you have said is how you see Trump, but I do have more faith in the US Constitution to actually believe that what you are saying could be possible.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 117

@rk1593 wrote:

I am simply waiting for the Republican Party to split, that would be the most welcome thing that could happen after all of this.

Perhaps, now some sanity will be seen in the Republcian Party and not a bunch of super conservatives that have done nothing but to really mess up the party.

Well, that could happen. If it does, the "Trump, Clinton" plan will have played out. Trump goes Independent and Hillary wins in a SUPER LANDSLIDE.......Woman Very Happy

Possible party split weighs on GOP ahead of Super Tuesday

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/possible-party-split-weighs-on-gop-ahead-of-super-tuesday/ar-...

WASHINGTON — Republican voters weigh in on the presidential race in 11 states Tuesday amid toxic rancor among the candidates and an emerging party split over the prospect of a Donald Trump presidential nomination.

While Trump predicted a series of victories that would all but end the contest, opponents Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, John Kasich and Ben Carson made their final pitches ahead of Super Tuesday — and most argued that a Trump nomination would destroy the GOP's chances in the fall.

"A vote for Donald Trump tomorrow is a vote for (Democrat) Hillary Clinton in November," Rubio told supporters in Atlanta.

Cruz, campaigning in his home state of Texas, told reporters that a general election between Trump and Clinton would involve "two rich New York liberals" who agree on too many things.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10204264726577695&set=p.10204264726577695&type=3&theater

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 117

@rk1593 wrote:

I am simply waiting for the Republican Party to split, that would be the most welcome thing that could happen after all of this.

Perhaps, now some sanity will be seen in the Republcian Party and not a bunch of super conservatives that have done nothing but to really mess up the party.

Well said, "rk".

Several here suggested they would like to see the Republican Party split into  two parties, a TEA/Conservative Party and a moderate Republican Party.  Wouldn't that represent most Amercans?  IMO, if that happened, many moderate Dems and Independents who consider themselves fiscally Conservative, yet socially Liberal would move into the new Republican Party.

Three parties cound look like:

Fiscally / Socially

Liberal/Liberal = Democrat

Conservative/Liberal = New Republican

Conservative/Conservative = Tea Party

As you imply, the GOP did this to themselves by embracing Limblah and Hannity, FoxNews and the Tea Party.  They own the problem they created themselves.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 117

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 117

@rker321 wrote:

well, I guess people have not read the latest. Rubio disclosed his taxes, and they show that he made 23 million dollars in five years. As a Senator? or on his second job.?
Cruz is a regular idiot but I don't think is as an opportunist like Rubio. 

So. now  you are understanding why Trump?

No, I do not understand Trump at all. He is a megalomaniac of the first order.

His policy statements have no substance.

His character as evidenced by his disaster of a personal life, his repeated bankruptcies that cost both the individual and public millions and millions, his alleged ties to organized crime, his racist remarks and the frauds he has perpetrated in the past such as Trump University, tell you what kind of man he is. The worst thing is that people don't care about any of these things.

Let's take his recent gaffe regarding David Duke and the KKK. He has, in the past, disavowed any connection with Duke and the KKK. Then this week-end, he refused to answer a question regarding his connection to Duke by saying he didn't know who the guy is. Then, after the weekend, when the &*%$ hit the fan; he made up some story that he didn't hear the question because his earpiece was malfunctioning. Come on, even my grandchild wouldn't believe that tall tale.

In this post to which I am responding, you again erroneously state that Rubio made 23 million dollars in the last five years. In fact, Rubio made much less than Cruz. And, of course, we don't know what Trump has made because he is not produucing his income statements as required.

You have yet to retract that errored statement about Rubio in this thread.

I am not for Rubio but I find it interesting that Republicans are scrutinizing Rubio on everything but giving Trump a pass on everything.

Now about Rubio's supposed 23 MILLION dollars????????

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 117

lk152 wrote:

This may explain why Donald Trump's candidacy as President this year and why his appeal is so great. It is a link to an article in a scientific journal from 2012 that linked racial prejudice and conservative views to lower intelligence. 

http://www.livescience.com/18132-intelligence-social-conservatism-racism.html

I posted that as a topic on this discussion board back in 2012. It would be good to revisit that topic and look again in light of The Donald's appeal as a Presidential candidate. 

All I can say to this is oh brother.. key words  "if his appeal is so great"  

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views