Is The NFL Shooting Itself In The Foot?

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Is The NFL Shooting Itself In The Foot?

Message 41 of 60

alferdpacker wrote: 

LmVfqkH.jpg

AMEN!!!

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 60

@rk9152 wrote:

@gordyfl wrote:

When quarterback Colin Kaepernick started taking a knee when the anthem played he had to know there would be a price to pay. He's paying that price. He'll look back one day and decide if it was worth it. His answer may well be "Yes", it was. 

"For what is a man, what has he got
If not himself, then he has naught
To say the things he truly feels
And not the words of one who kneels
The record shows I took the blows
And did it my way"

Do you know what his complaint with America is and what it would take to make him proud to be an American??

Yes, I do know and understand the entirely rational and valid reasoning behind Kaepernick's decision to take a knee.

Kaepernick stated - “I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses Black people and people of color. To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder.”

For the same reason - knowing full well that Colin Kaepernick is absolutely correct, and that trump is dead wrong -

LmVfqkH.jpg

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 60

No, the NFL is not shooting itself in the foot.

It has known for decades that the majority of Americans support equality and that the vast majority of Americans do not support the remaining racism - both institutionalized - and what cultural and individual racism that remains in those that are almost - but not completely and wholly American Citizens - because they don't wholly and completely follow and support ALL of the mandates of the Constitution and SCOTUS decisions that tell us what the Constitution really says/means, and what the law IS.

trump and his racist followers?

A literally numerical, cultural, moral, and ethical minority of white racist cowards and wussies who can't handle justified criticism - and are now trying to play the "victim card" to make their position seem - to the stupid who believe them - less morally and ethically bankrupt than it is in actual fact.

(Google and read about "White Fragility)

Will the NFL listen to money or moral and ethical values?

Watch and see...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 60
@ Chas

Well there you go again... becoming the ad hoc responder.

I never said they would be replaced ... I said "if"... in an effort to make the point. I can't understand it for you. Because you didn't see my college football comment in context you're out in left field again.

ALL People comment based on political persuasion, but saying conservatives "worship money" is a lie... plain and simple and is an attempt to move objective viewpoints into the subjective immoral arena when the argument has no merit. It's what liberals do... a lot.

I have not accused NM of aberrant behavior, she's wrong of course in her assessment , but if I did judge another wrongly, then I'm wrong. However to suggest conservatives (as a whole) worship money is a lie and nothing to do with the conversation about the NFL. Pure unadulterated deflection.

Justice, mercy or grace... you pick
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 60

@jfpinlvn wrote:

"In reality, Trump has taken the side of the flag and provoked multi-millionaire athletes into opposing patriotism."

What a crock!  That's part of the issue here.....some want to define "patriotism" for others.  Has any Conservative asked a protester if they are Patriotic?  Has any conservative asked a protester what they think of the military?  Has any conservative asked a protester how they feel about the country?  Why do conservatives insist they know how someone else FEELS?  Pretty stupid if you ask me.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 60

@rk9152 wrote:

@gruffstuff wrote:

You guys need to realize when you're being played by Trump. 

What has been accomplished? The NFL players aren't backing down, the NFL owners aren't backing down, the NFL isn't backing down. The protest spread, more players take part, the American people watch more NFL then ever.

Trump tweets himself into a corner for his own reasons and you guys all goosestep into the corner with him.

You think the NFL is shooting itself in the foot?

I think you guys are being played.

This started before Trump was President. So, there are issues that go deeper than anything he says.

The offensive "goosestep" adds nothing to the discussion.

So what does your post "add to the discussion"?

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 60

@rk9152 wrote:

@gordyfl wrote:

When quarterback Colin Kaepernick started taking a knee when the anthem played he had to know there would be a price to pay. He's paying that price. He'll look back one day and decide if it was worth it. His answer may well be "Yes", it was. 

And did it my way"

Do you know what his complaint with America is and what it would take to make him proud to be an American??

Do you not know what he and other players are protesting? Really? An example of how uninformed Trump's base is.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 60

@rk9152 wrote:

@NerdyMom wrote:

I suppose it's shooting yourself in the foot if all you care about is money. And that does seem to be many conservatives' god, the Almighty Dollar.

Have you given any thought to the possibility that sports mean more than money to many, many people -conservatives, liberals, and independents? The NFL is the organizing body that kept the game going and competitive over the years as a service to fans.

Many of the players make fabulous salaries. Do you suppose they are all conservatives?

Obviously they are not all conservatives. But even the most conservative of them (like Brady, and even his coach) are standing up against Trump and supporting the player/protesters for exercising their Constitutional rights. IMO, to boycott the NFL at this point is protesting against someone exercising their Constitutional rights.

The NFL is a business. There are owners/employers, and workers (coaches and players, administrative workers, etc).  Employers, and Employees, so to speak. Employers cannot stand in the way of their employees exercising the Constitutional rights. The NFL recognizes this fact. Trump and his supporters don't.  The vast majority of Americans stand behind the protesters.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 60

@gordyfl wrote:

And did it my way"

He is already fairly wealthy, and choosing to kneel, knowing the dollars it would cost him, shows him not choosing greed over his moral values. My hat is off to Kaepernick.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 60

This is all part of a pattern where members of the Trump Cult follow the lead of their hero. Iinstead of discussing serious issues such as North Korea and the Health Care bill, they are attacking a handful of black football players while their hero praised NASCAR, which is a lily white organization made up primarily of Trump voters.

He’s the same President who was not outraged by the presence of Nazis and KKK members, but he viciously attacks football players who peacefully protest for 2 minutes before a football game. Didn't Trump recently say people should demonstrate peacfully? What a hypocrite!

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Now until February 11, play this classic game online at AARP. Get in the game and play now.

jeopardy for aarp logo

Top Authors