Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Is California Sobering Up?

Message 41 of 52

@MIsekerwrote:

@jfpinlvnwrote:

Has the California backlash against liberal craziness finally begun?

<snip>

"It appears those in power here who have championed policies that continue to steer California further and further left may now have overplayed their hand.  And the backlash has begun, with no end in sight.  In fact, common sense Californians from both sides of the political aisle are coming together in solidarity to challenge policies and governing that has left them to endure the consequences of the decisions of their lawmakers, which has made life more expensive, more challenging, more dangerous, and in some instances even putting them into potential legal jeopardy."

For example, business owners now face the quandary of being in compliance with the feds or being in compliance with the state with their employees and their immigration status.  This is not a partisan issue.  This is the very type of issue that continues to make California a difficult place to do business and disincentivizes businesses to come here – and continues to drive successful businesses and taxpayers out of the state.

When over 1 million Californians who are here illegally now have California driver’s licenses, and when Californians have paid into the state’s higher education system and have a difficult time accessing it, and then when they do, they pay fees that illegals don’t pay, it’s no wonder why Common Sense Californians are outraged."

More at: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/04/08/has-california-backlash-against-liberal-craziness-finally-...

I dont know how many time i have had to post to counter the crap about hiring illegals. As long ago as 2000 ( my job then ) new hires had to fill out a form called an I-9 ( i think thats the name of it) along with this form they had to provide their SS or TIN, plus a photo ID. No ID, no hire. The job was low level, and i would sometimes start people without this, with the understanding THEY WOULD NOT GET PAID until it was furnished. Head accountant sent it to the Feds. AT THAT POINT..its out of the states hands isnt it. The feds have the info, the feds are in charge of immigration enforcement. OF COURSE someone can use a fake SS #. the fed doesnt have the means to cross check? And once again, illegals dont get money from the fed.

what does that mean? do you support the "sacnctuary" stuff or those who want to work with ICE?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 52

@Panjandromwrote:

jfpinlvn:  Has the California backlash against liberal craziness finally begun?

Yep. They look at states such as Kansas and are furious that they can't have a paradise like that. Smiley Happy

I was not aware that Kansas had declared itself a sanctuary State.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 52

@Olderscout66wrote:

Seems to me Californians have sobered up and do not wish to pay for the needless persecution of honest hardworking neighbors who lack certain paperwork. Republicans on the other hand are really into the "show us your papers!" mentality so popular in Europe during the late 30's early 40's.

You are aware are you not that the subject is criminals? But of course you need the fraudulent "persecution of honest hardworking neighbors" to get to your silly (but required) Nazi reference.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 52
one further point, California has many RED districts. They are usually in the agricultural areas, where the farmers get those welfare payments for not growing anything, and some are just out and out crazy white people.
So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 52

@jfpinlvnwrote:

Has the California backlash against liberal craziness finally begun?

<snip>

"It appears those in power here who have championed policies that continue to steer California further and further left may now have overplayed their hand.  And the backlash has begun, with no end in sight.  In fact, common sense Californians from both sides of the political aisle are coming together in solidarity to challenge policies and governing that has left them to endure the consequences of the decisions of their lawmakers, which has made life more expensive, more challenging, more dangerous, and in some instances even putting them into potential legal jeopardy."

For example, business owners now face the quandary of being in compliance with the feds or being in compliance with the state with their employees and their immigration status.  This is not a partisan issue.  This is the very type of issue that continues to make California a difficult place to do business and disincentivizes businesses to come here – and continues to drive successful businesses and taxpayers out of the state.

When over 1 million Californians who are here illegally now have California driver’s licenses, and when Californians have paid into the state’s higher education system and have a difficult time accessing it, and then when they do, they pay fees that illegals don’t pay, it’s no wonder why Common Sense Californians are outraged."

More at: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/04/08/has-california-backlash-against-liberal-craziness-finally-...

I dont know how many time i have had to post to counter the crap about hiring illegals. As long ago as 2000 ( my job then ) new hires had to fill out a form called an I-9 ( i think thats the name of it) along with this form they had to provide their SS or TIN, plus a photo ID. No ID, no hire. The job was low level, and i would sometimes start people without this, with the understanding THEY WOULD NOT GET PAID until it was furnished. Head accountant sent it to the Feds. AT THAT POINT..its out of the states hands isnt it. The feds have the info, the feds are in charge of immigration enforcement. OF COURSE someone can use a fake SS #. the fed doesnt have the means to cross check? And once again, illegals dont get money from the fed.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 52

jfpinlvn:  Has the California backlash against liberal craziness finally begun?

Yep. They look at states such as Kansas and are furious that they can't have a paradise like that. Smiley Happy

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 52

Seems to me Californians have sobered up and do not wish to pay for the needless persecution of honest hardworking neighbors who lack certain paperwork. Republicans on the other hand are really into the "show us your papers!" mentality so popular in Europe during the late 30's early 40's.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 52

@oceanedge2wrote:

Believe I saw a tiny bit of horn breaking through Tucker Carlson's forehead crease tonight as he presented his big story all about Sex-Crazed Pandas.  poor guy

I saw no pandas nor horns in the following:

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-san-gabriel-ice-20180205-htmlstory.html

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-a-california-sheriff-is-skirting-state-sanctuary-l...

Any possibility of discussing the issue without comments about horns, Carlson, or pandas?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 52

Is it your point that some CA locals are not opposing the Guv's position on cooperation with ICE??

Let's approach this from the perspective of facts, not unicorns or Fox.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 52

Believe I saw a tiny bit of horn breaking through Tucker Carlson's forehead crease tonight as he presented his big story all about Sex-Crazed Pandas.  poor guy

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22