Get Your Fraud & Scam Questions Answered in the AARP Online Community! Find Out More!

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Is ALT-Right =Aryan Nation?

Message 41 of 60

rk9152 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

I have never once used the term Alt-Right because someone is disagreeing with me.

Then what is your definition that applies to your fellow posters?

When anyone takes some of the same political positions that the Alt-Right takes it leads me to believe that the person is of the Alt-Right themselves. If that's not clear enough then maybe you should perhaps try to "focus" a bit more.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 42 of 60

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

afisher wrote:

Time for some more information as the complaint from the donald supporters:   who said that, I want names.    Well, because I don't keep records of every comment that one of the ds write, here is how the National Media have defined the Alt-Right...if only because it became the short name for White Nationalist (which are also members of Aryan Nation) or White Supremists, etc etc.   

the Associated Press and the New York Times issued strong guidance to their writers regarding the term. In both cases, they said uses of the alt-right’s preferred label must be accompanied by an explanation to readers about what defines the group: the racism, misogyny, and white supremacy that characterize it.

Self examination time "ds'ers" - have you ever promoted or endorsed racism, misogyny or white supremists.   Then if you are honest then the answer to the question is YES.

I can't imagine any of our posters identifying with the AP definition. Maybe it is time for posters to stop using the term as meaning, "Anyone who disagrees with me" and deal with it's real meaning.

I have never once used the term Alt-Right because someone is disagreeing with me.

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

afisher wrote:

Time for some more information as the complaint from the donald supporters:   who said that, I want names.    Well, because I don't keep records of every comment that one of the ds write, here is how the National Media have defined the Alt-Right...if only because it became the short name for White Nationalist (which are also members of Aryan Nation) or White Supremists, etc etc.   

the Associated Press and the New York Times issued strong guidance to their writers regarding the term. In both cases, they said uses of the alt-right’s preferred label must be accompanied by an explanation to readers about what defines the group: the racism, misogyny, and white supremacy that characterize it.

Self examination time "ds'ers" - have you ever promoted or endorsed racism, misogyny or white supremists.   Then if you are honest then the answer to the question is YES.

I can't imagine any of our posters identifying with the AP definition. Maybe it is time for posters to stop using the term as meaning, "Anyone who disagrees with me" and deal with it's real meaning.

Then what is your definition that applies to your fellow posters?

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 43 of 60

oceanedge2 wrote:

gruffstuff -They're all Nazis, different names for different clubs, but they're all Nazis, same ideology, same use of German Nazi imagery, same rhetoric, same ends.

That they are, all nazis.  The National Press did a service when 'labeling' AR chacteristics to help clarify their discussions.  As opposed to the pablum of:  "r.spencer is only about white supremacy".  The AR twigs-for-brains always stick to bumper sticker quick quips.  Easy-peasy.  They're all cowards.  They're all Christians.  This is where learning to rationalize has taken place and that never is going to turn out well. 

If Spencer and the rest of them are not all about white supremacy - what is white supremacy all about?

If possible, try to leave your anti-Christian out of this. It is really not a factor.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 44 of 60

rk9152 wrote:

afisher wrote:

I can't imagine any of our posters identifying with the AP definition.

Those poster(s) who continually make excuses for the alt-right and defend them would certainly not require any "imagination" rk!

Maybe it is time for posters to stop using the term as meaning, "Anyone who disagrees with me" and deal with it's real meaning.

Using you own accusatory question  rk .....  "Again, (rk), who on these boards made such claims"?

DUMP TRUMP AND MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 45 of 60

rk9152 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

MIseker wrote:
the alt right CLAIMS its not about the Aryan Nation, but the Aryan nation is among their supporters and attendees. we have a poster here who claims it is just coincidence they work together, because Spencer said so.

i have not seen that claim on these boards. whosaid it?

Again, MIseker, who on these boards made such claims?

"Again", YOU demand that others answer your questions while you refuse to answer the questions posed to YOU!

This is a manufactured fight by those who want "alt-right" to mean, "Anyone who disagrees with me".

So rk, "who on these boards made such claims"?

DUMP TRUMP AND MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 46 of 60

rk9152 wrote:

afisher wrote:

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 47 of 60

gruffstuff -They're all Nazis, different names for different clubs, but they're all Nazis, same ideology, same use of German Nazi imagery, same rhetoric, same ends.

That they are, all nazis.  The National Press did a service when 'labeling' AR chacteristics to help clarify their discussions.  As opposed to the pablum of:  "r.spencer is only about white supremacy".  The AR twigs-for-brains always stick to bumper sticker quick quips.  Easy-peasy.  They're all cowards.  They're all Christians.  This is where learning to rationalize has taken place and that never is going to turn out well. 

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 48 of 60

Is ALT-Right =Aryan Nation?

They're all Nazis, different names for different clubs, but they're all Nazis, same ideology, same use of German Nazi imagery, same rhetoric, same ends.

The name Aryan Nation says it all, and they chose that name for themselves.

It doesn't matter if they wear colors or suits, they're all Nazis.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 49 of 60

afisher wrote:

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 50 of 60

Announcements
Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families download this free guide developed by AARP to help make caregiving more manageable. It includes information on how to have vital conversations with older family members, organize important documents, assess your loved one's needs and locate important resources.
Top Kudoed Authors