AARP and the photographers of Magnum Photos look at older people living in new ways around the world in A New Age.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Investigation Of Trump Team/Russia Hasn't Stopped

Message 41 of 51

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

I certainly hope so. And when the full story comes out I wonder how the tools of the Russian efforts to divide us are going to feel. Will posters recognize how they were used and own up to it?

I'm not sure, will you?

Own up to what? I am not part of the "Resistance" which is and has been manipulated in such a way as to weaken us through division - the known objective of the Russian plan.

Can you not see how calling the President of the United States a scumbag and his supporters Klansmen and such comments being supported by others shows us as a divided nation thereby weakening us? And claiming that the President is guilty of treason certainly weakens him and us as a nation. Then when the investigation shows no proof of that the drum beat goes on. The term "friends with benefits" has been used - what better friends could the Russians have than the "Resistance"?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 51

@rk9152 wrote:

I certainly hope so. And when the full story comes out I wonder how the tools of the Russian efforts to divide us are going to feel. Will posters recognize how they were used and own up to it?

I'm not sure, will you?

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 51

@oceanedge2 

Nice listing. Thanks from all. Probably will expect about a bizillion tweets from trump berating all of the investigations. 

One other aspect that I had heard why Mueller did not push to interview trump, was that trump might have tied it up in the courts for quite awhile concerning his refusal to testify, and to prevent him from perjuring himself...big surprise after 

seeing his written responses! Would it have been worth it to interview?...maybe yes, maybe no. 

One other thing that i heard, barr will most likely slow walk or impede turning over the unredacted report to the house. 

I have not been in favor of the impeachment strategy, but may be warming up to it. What I heard was that if impeachment proceedings were to be started, it might make it easier to obtain the unredacted report and other info such as tax returns? Any thoughts?

There is also the possibility of an impeachment inquiry being formed. 

I think that there are some options, so form a coherent plan and let’s go!

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 51

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

As part of that mission, analysts will continue to drill down on exactly how the Russians interfered in the 2016 election, whether any Americans helped them unwittingly, and whether any American continues to be compromised by Russia, experts say.

Trump's small and rigid base won't ........... that's for certain !

Panjan made that twist  - so what was yours , just another , "Yeah me too".

The division in America comes from a dissatisfaction with the 2016 elections and an effort to undo it. I seriously doubt you will find Trump supporters in that mob.

Will only find honest, honorable, patriotic American Citizens who never wanted anything to do with tRump - given the kind of dishonest scumbag he has been for the last forty plus years.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 51

@Panjandrum.......How many other investigations are ongoing into Trump and his activities? Isn't it something like 12-14? The odds that he'll slither through all of them unscathed is minute. I don't see many nights ahead where he sleeps like a baby because karma will catch up with him either now or later.

After Mueller: The Ongoing Investigations Surrounding Trump...

Federal Jurisdictions

Many of the investigations that Mueller’s team prosecuted or referred to other prosecutors ended up in federal attorneys’ offices in the Washington, D.C., area. Even though the special counsel’s probe is over, some of the investigations remain ongoing. Here’s what’s left, as far as we know:

The United States Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York

At least three investigations in this district have not yet concluded...

The United States Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of Virginia

Three unresolved cases are in this district...

The United States Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia

The ongoing cases in the D.C. District Court are almost all related to the WikiLeaks release of hacked emails from the Hillary Clinton campaign and the Democratic Party. A number of Trump associates charged as part of the Mueller probe are still awaiting sentencing in this district as well...

Department of Justice (Public Integrity Section)

In August 2018, The Washington Post reported that the Department of Justice was investigating Elliott Broidy, a prominent Republican fundraiser, for possibly attempting to cash in on his connections with the Trump administration by requesting millions of dollars from foreign governments in exchange for pushing the administration to take actions benefiting those countries...

Other State and Local Investigations

In addition to the investigations in New York, Virginia, and Washington, D.C., that are directly related to Mueller’s probe, other jurisdictions are conducting numerous investigations into various people and organizations with connections to Trump...

State Attorneys General Investigating Trump’s Inauguration Committee

The attorneys general of Washington, D.C., and New Jersey, like investigators in the Southern District of New York, have each subpoenaed the records of Trump’s inauguration committee, indicating a widening prosecutorial interest into that committee’s practices...

New York State and New York City

At least four ongoing investigations are happening at the state and local level in New York...

State Attorneys General Suing Trump or His Organizations

Other states have moved to file lawsuits against Trump and his businesses after investigations...

Other State Court Probes

Trouble could also still be brewing in state courts for some Trump associates who have already been convicted as part of the Mueller probe...

Congress

While Mueller’s investigation may be over, congressional Democrats have made it clear that they intend to conduct a thorough investigation of their own...

The House Intelligence Committee...

The House Financial Services Committee...

he House Oversight Committee...

The House Judiciary Committee..

The House Ways and Means Committee...

The House Foreign Affairs Committee...

Senate Intelligence Committee...

More at:  https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2019/03/after-mueller-ongoing-investigations-trump/5853...

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 51

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

As part of that mission, analysts will continue to drill down on exactly how the Russians interfered in the 2016 election, whether any Americans helped them unwittingly, and whether any American continues to be compromised by Russia, experts say.

Panjan made that twist  - so what was yours , just another , "Yeah me too".

The division in America comes from a dissatisfaction with the 2016 elections and an effort to undo it. I seriously doubt you will find Trump supporters in that mob.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 51

@rk9152 wrote:

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 51

ChasKy53:   As part of that mission, analysts will continue to drill down on exactly how the Russians interfered in the 2016 election, whether any Americans helped them unwittingly, and whether any American continues to be compromised by Russia, experts say.

This doesn't surprise me. How many other investigations are ongoing into Trump and his activities? Isn't it something like 12-14? The odds that he'll slither through all of them unscathed is minute. I don't see many nights ahead where he sleeps like a baby because karma will catch up with him either now or later.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 51

rk9152:   And when the full story comes out I wonder how the tools of the Russian efforts to divide us are going to feel. Will posters recognize how they were used and own up to it?

I doubt they'll own up to it, because to this date no matter what Trump does they whitewash and cover for him. It's just the nature of the beast.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 51

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors