Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
311
Views

Re: Intolerance in Academia

311 Views
Message 1 of 29

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Richva posted..

Well, the really sad part is the lack of leadership. When Obama was in the White House we had a chance for improved healthcare at a lower price. They were getting rid of the Republican "No Child Left Behind" school fiasco and the economy was moving on an upward arc which projected well into the future. now, if you can't provide dirt on Biden or a big payday for one of Trump's hotels, he just does not care.

========================================================

More sad news.

By your post are you telling us that you have broken with Trump and now support ending the reign of Dicator Trump?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
311
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
319
Views

Re: Intolerance in Academia

319 Views
Message 2 of 29
Richva posted..

Well, the really sad part is the lack of leadership. When Obama was in the White House we had a chance for improved healthcare at a lower price. They were getting rid of the Republican "No Child Left Behind" school fiasco and the economy was moving on an upward arc which projected well into the future. now, if you can't provide dirt on Biden or a big payday for one of Trump's hotels, he just does not care.

========================================================

More sad news.
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
319
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
329
Views

Re: Intolerance in Academia

329 Views
Message 3 of 29

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Richva posted..

Yes, I get that most regressives take the argument "we aren't in THAT bad a shape". The question is, where do we exceed (anymore)? Not any of these categories: Health care, infant survival, economic mobility, incarceration rate, divorce rate, bankruptcies due to illness, highest rate of illegal drug use, suicides, murders, most expensive health care, highest student load debt, highest military spending (and we still ran from Turkey), most complicated tax system, and our schools suck.

=================================================

That is so sad to hear.


Well, the really sad part is the lack of leadership.  When Obama was in the White House we had a chance for improved healthcare at a lower price. They were getting rid of the Republican "No Child Left Behind" school fiasco and the economy was moving on an upward arc which projected well into the future. now, if you can't provide dirt on Biden or a big payday for one of Trump's hotels, he just does not care. 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
329
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
341
Views

Re: Intolerance in Academia

341 Views
Message 4 of 29

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Richva posted..

Yes, I get that most regressives take the argument "we aren't in THAT bad a shape". The question is, where do we exceed (anymore)? Not any of these categories: Health care, infant survival, economic mobility, incarceration rate, divorce rate, bankruptcies due to illness, highest rate of illegal drug use, suicides, murders, most expensive health care, highest student load debt, highest military spending (and we still ran from Turkey), most complicated tax system, and our schools suck.

=================================================

That is so sad to hear.


I agree with you it is very sad to hear, but that is what happens to a country when the far right take over, and that has happened here under Dictator Trump. What is even sadder is there are people who help Trump take over and cause all those things to happen. We all need to come  together and end the Trump disater.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
341
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
355
Views

Re: Intolerance in Academia

355 Views
Message 5 of 29
Richva posted..

Yes, I get that most regressives take the argument "we aren't in THAT bad a shape". The question is, where do we exceed (anymore)? Not any of these categories: Health care, infant survival, economic mobility, incarceration rate, divorce rate, bankruptcies due to illness, highest rate of illegal drug use, suicides, murders, most expensive health care, highest student load debt, highest military spending (and we still ran from Turkey), most complicated tax system, and our schools suck.

=================================================

That is so sad to hear.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
355
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
360
Views

Re: Intolerance in Academia

360 Views
Message 6 of 29

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Richva posted..

Well, since by "Socialism" I assume you mean Democratic Socialism which is practiced in many countries, most of whom are kicking our butts in quality of life, lifespan, and economic mobility, I guess we should listen to those teachers. Or do you like being the loser?

=========================================================

I did not know that our country was that bad.

Yes, I get that most regressives take the argument "we aren't in THAT bad a shape". The question is, where do we exceed (anymore)? Not any of these categories:  Health care, infant survival, economic mobility, incarceration rate, divorce rate, bankruptcies due to illness, highest rate of illegal drug use, suicides, murders, most expensive health care, highest student load debt, highest military spending (and we still ran from Turkey),  most complicated tax system, and our schools suck.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
360
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
371
Views

Re: Intolerance in Academia

371 Views
Message 7 of 29
Richva posted..

Well, since by "Socialism" I assume you mean Democratic Socialism which is practiced in many countries, most of whom are kicking our butts in quality of life, lifespan, and economic mobility, I guess we should listen to those teachers. Or do you like being the loser?

=========================================================

I did not know that our country was that bad.
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
371
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
378
Views

Re: Intolerance in Academia

378 Views
Message 8 of 29
EdM965653 posted..

Actually, research has shown that teachers' views don't matter much at all to most students. Actually, most students don't give a hoot in hades what views their teachers hold.


==================================================

"Actually, research has shown that teachers' views don't matter much at all to most students."

You are welcome to your opinion but what you posted is not a fact.

Like I suggested ...How do teachers' political views influence teaching about controversial issues? Google that and become informed, if you want.
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
378
Views
Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
391
Views

Re: Intolerance in Academia

391 Views
Message 9 of 29

Good evening to all- again

 

Kidboy2- Regarding your advice to me to "check out how teacher's views are passed on to students"- well, I don't have to "check it out."  I know how teacher's views are passed on to students, and  I know how they are NOT passed on. Actually, research has shown that teachers' views don't matter much at all to most students. Actually, most students don't give a hoot in hades what views their teachers hold.

 

And as far as teachers having personal views and opinions and expressing these beliefs being somehow a bad thing- I beg to disagree with your contention that teachers should not express their views.  As I say, most students just don't care what their teachers hold as personal belief and opinion.

 

Teachers are paid to change the way their students think- that's our job.  And if the students are presented with differing opinion from what they were raised with- well, that's not a bad thing either.

 

Good night to all- Ed

 

 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
391
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
395
Views

Re: Intolerance in Academia

395 Views
Message 10 of 29

@KidBoy2 wrote:
EdM965653 posted..

If you think any public school or even university sets out to teach "socialism" or any other political or religious "ism" as part of their curriculum, you are very sadly mistaken.

================================================================

Of course they are as you say " sets out to teach "socialism" or any other political or religious "ism" . But some of they instill their political and social leanings in the minds of their young and easily persuaded students.

I suggest that you look into how teachers views are passed on to their students. Is it right..NO...is it new NO...will it continue YES.

How do teachers' political views influence teaching about controversial issues? Google that.

Get real!


Well, since by "Socialism" I assume you mean Democratic Socialism which is practiced in many countries, most of whom are kicking our butts in quality of life, lifespan, and economic mobility, I guess we should listen to those teachers. Or do you like being the loser?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
395
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

This AARP gamer plays to get back her art and identity after a health scare. Read Regan C.’s story, available now.


gamer Regan C.

Top Authors