Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Interesting Perspective on Trump Supporters

Message 191 of 224

@umbarch64wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@umbarch64wrote:

Gullibility is the achilles heel of Democracy. We do not have a real democracy, of course.  It wouldn't work.  We have a Republic with the People's representatives purportedly elected by democratic process.  

That works when an informed electorate votes rationally.  It is also susceptible to an authoritarian takeover when voters are not informed and do not vote rationally.  I doubt if most voters left of center right in political opinion think the 2016 election "worked", IF they are honest with themselves about it.

Now...the framework of our Republic is being demolished and the base course being placed for the road to a plutocratic oligarchy headed up by an autocrat.  Sound similar to a place called Russia?  It should.....signals from the top indicate that's the intended destination of this political journey. 

The 'why' of that is an encyclopedia that would rival Brittanica.  It couldn't possibly happen here, but it is.  Know what will stop it?  The 'rational' voter taking back what he never should have let go of.

Think they'll do it?

1.  Your, "when an informed electorate votes rationally" and the previous whine based on nostalgia for the '50s miss a very important point - Trump voters voted of our nation as constructed and successfully operated for a long time and opposed to the vision of the neoMarxists.

2.  It might be said that those opposed to Marxist philosophy are more informed since they are able to see it's results historically and avoid the emotional "Yeah, but it will be better this time" of it's supporters.

Priorities do get in the way....I just got to this latest sophistic subterfuge. 

para. 1:  "...previous whine based on nostalgia for the '50s" may have been intended for me or someone else.  'Whine' has been a pet pejorative used by rk quite often to demean before he even begins to make a case.  I couldn't really tell where he selected to start this time.  

Actually,  'nostalgia for the '50s' seemed to be a compelling reason 'trump voters' voted as they did.  Not just me saying that.  rk selected that as a rejoinder.  Now....why would he do that?  Ignorance? Hypocrisy?  Spin?  Something else?   

rk invites us to buy into his supposition that "trump voters' knew how our Nation was constructed.....knew how our electoral process actually worked...were informed and knowledgeable about issues.  Then voted against "neoMarxists"  How could they be?  What was put in front of them were lies given to them by liars.  'They' 'believed' the lies apparently.  Either that or the fact that they had been lied to didn't matter to them.  In either case their vote was neither informed or rational....couldn't possibly have been under those circumstances.

rk knows the characteristics of his audience and seeks to further exploit it.  So do his bosses, wherever they may be.  rk continues to sell the pet lie aimed at anyone who questions his pronouncements.....'neoMarxists' they are....so he says.

para. 2:  rk now extends his pejorative, inaccurate and untruthful implications into para. 2.  IF you bought into the first ones, you may buy into these too.  Ah, well.  rk does what rk does.

I probably took too much time and space, but I didn't want to dismiss his thoughts as mindless, non-rational, imprecise and untruthful on the off chance he may be sincere.

Oh - he's sincere - but then the unstable malignantly narcissistic moron that is demeaning and disgracing the the presidency is sincere in his insistence that he is "smarter than the generals" and fatuously and erroneously believes that he's smarter than Putin (hint: he never has been and never will be).

Yep - rk is sincere...

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 192 of 224

@rk9152wrote:

@umbarch64wrote:

Gullibility is the achilles heel of Democracy. We do not have a real democracy, of course.  It wouldn't work.  We have a Republic with the People's representatives purportedly elected by democratic process.  

That works when an informed electorate votes rationally.  It is also susceptible to an authoritarian takeover when voters are not informed and do not vote rationally.  I doubt if most voters left of center right in political opinion think the 2016 election "worked", IF they are honest with themselves about it.

Now...the framework of our Republic is being demolished and the base course being placed for the road to a plutocratic oligarchy headed up by an autocrat.  Sound similar to a place called Russia?  It should.....signals from the top indicate that's the intended destination of this political journey. 

The 'why' of that is an encyclopedia that would rival Brittanica.  It couldn't possibly happen here, but it is.  Know what will stop it?  The 'rational' voter taking back what he never should have let go of.

Think they'll do it?

1.  Your, "when an informed electorate votes rationally" and the previous whine based on nostalgia for the '50s miss a very important point - Trump voters voted of our nation as constructed and successfully operated for a long time and opposed to the vision of the neoMarxists.

2.  It might be said that those opposed to Marxist philosophy are more informed since they are able to see it's results historically and avoid the emotional "Yeah, but it will be better this time" of it's supporters.

Priorities do get in the way....I just got to this latest sophistic subterfuge. 

para. 1:  "...previous whine based on nostalgia for the '50s" may have been intended for me or someone else.  'Whine' has been a pet pejorative used by rk quite often to demean before he even begins to make a case.  I couldn't really tell where he selected to start this time.  

Actually,  'nostalgia for the '50s' seemed to be a compelling reason 'trump voters' voted as they did.  Not just me saying that.  rk selected that as a rejoinder.  Now....why would he do that?  Ignorance? Hypocrisy?  Spin?  Something else?   

rk invites us to buy into his supposition that "trump voters' knew how our Nation was constructed.....knew how our electoral process actually worked...were informed and knowledgeable about issues.  Then voted against "neoMarxists"  How could they be?  What was put in front of them were lies given to them by liars.  'They' 'believed' the lies apparently.  Either that or the fact that they had been lied to didn't matter to them.  In either case their vote was neither informed or rational....couldn't possibly have been under those circumstances.

rk knows the characteristics of his audience and seeks to further exploit it.  So do his bosses, wherever they may be.  rk continues to sell the pet lie aimed at anyone who questions his pronouncements.....'neoMarxists' they are....so he says.

para. 2:  rk now extends his pejorative, inaccurate and untruthful implications into para. 2.  IF you bought into the first ones, you may buy into these too.  Ah, well.  rk does what rk does.

I probably took too much time and space, but I didn't want to dismiss his thoughts as mindless, non-rational, imprecise and untruthful on the off chance he may be sincere.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 193 of 224

cat2011 posted:

LOL! Sorry, Rk, Boca Raton is not flyover country! Flyover country as a state of mind? C'mon.

So is Margaritaville a state of mind. - Jimmy Buffett

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Interesting Perspective on Trump Supporters

Message 194 of 224

It's very unfortunate for our country that millions ofTrump supporters idolize their hero in the White House.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 195 of 224

@cat2011wrote:
LOL! Sorry, Rk, Boca Raton is not flyover country! Flyover country as a state of mind? C'mon.

Agreed. 321 has no idea where I live nor of the meaning of "flyover country".

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 196 of 224

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

Your, "when an informed electorate votes rationally" and the previous whine based on nostalgia for the '50s miss a very important point - Trump voters voted of our nation as constructed and successfully operated for a long time and opposed to the vision of the neoMarxists.

Yet needed the help of the Russians, a poor opposition candidate, stolen personal data of millions and an assist from the FBI to get elected.  Most see and understand that......the vision of the fascists.....

Does that dodge mean acceptance of my thoughts about people voting for agenda and being informed of the differing visions of America? That is the point and content of my words.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 197 of 224

As alway's, THE.....

Image result for spin master

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 198 of 224
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 199 of 224

@rk9152wrote:

@rker321wrote:

People, people, people why don't you take your musings to the appropriate board - the "rk" topic.

Rk  I wish  we could. but you are such a colorful poster that Invites responses on anything that you post.  and yes darling.  I have painted your posts with an tremendous amount of accuracy.  Don't fret, we are who we are.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Interesting Perspective on Trump Supporters

Message 200 of 224

Chaskey wrote, "Maybe this explains some of it:"

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/bannon-s-revenge-how-globalism-went-mainstream-ideology-far-ri...

Chasky, thanks for pointing me towards that great article. Yes it does help explain why a certain segment of America idolizes Trump

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet

Top Authors