Ready for your next job? Get a free resume review from AARP Resume Advisor.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Interesting How Opinions Differ Depending on Who It Is

Message 1 of 12

@Soosie wrote:

I am a planner.  I have always planned for rough times that may happen.  I have mentioned that I still work and have had people say I must have to work because I didn't plan for my retirement.  Oh, but yes, I am still planning.  My brother took early retirement and was going to enjoy so much.  His wife died and  he is now a complete recluse.  I am the happy one, going to work, getting a good paycheck, planning for if and when I do retire.  Much better health than he.  Love life, am doing volunteer work, will do a comedy show in March.  Yet, some will bash me when I work hard and enjoy it.  People have even accused me of making it sound like they are lazy.  To each his own, I just know what works for me.  I am called out for mis-spelled words or getting off topic, but I see it over and over here.  What's up that?Some are singled out and God help a new one trying to post. Some try hard to discourage them.  Seems this is making AARP a biased group and that does not sit well with potential posters or members of AARP.

The people trying to break into our country illegally are not planners.  They drug kids across dessert, left family behind and yet some do-gooders think these people deserve more than citizens of our country.  What's up with that?  

Alan Moore Says -

“There is no coincidence. Only the illusion of coincidence.”

Locked Threads.png

Locked Threads 1.png

Locked Threads 2.png

Locked Threads 3.png

Source - AARP Community - Politics, Current Events

( " RESIST TRUMP! - DON'T BACK DOWN!)

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 12

@Cirice wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@Cirice wrote:

"Interesting How Opinions Differ Depending on Who It Is"

Different people have different opinions, of course.

Is this a new observation? Or is it just so "interesting" that it requires a whole new thread dedicated entirely to its discussion?

Good point, Cirice.  What's also "interesting" is that the headline of the topic has nothing to do with the content, or did I miss something?

Nope, you didn't miss a thing 😊

You guys nailed it. Nothing "interesting" that required a new thread. Just a burning hatred of those that don't swallow the GOP koolaid. Look at the following thread. No one even mentions politics until...

https://community.aarp.org/t5/Veterans/Thank-Veterans/m-p/2043051#M470

That's how the right wing here "welcomes" a veteran wanting to give other veterans a voice.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 12

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@Cirice wrote:

Is this a new observation? Or is it just so "interesting" that it requires a whole new thread dedicated entirely to its discussion?

Good point, Cirice.  What's also "interesting" is that the headline of the topic has nothing to do with the content, or did I miss something?

Nope, you didn't miss a thing 😊

Assume nothing. Question everything. And start thinking.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 12

@Cirice wrote:

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 12

Assume nothing. Question everything. And start thinking.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 12

He's also doing exactly what he's claiming others do.....  Just saying.....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 12

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Part of Soosie's post..

I am called out for mis-spelled words or getting off topic, but I see it over and over here. What's up that?Some are singled out and God help a new one trying to post. Some try hard to discourage them. Seems this is making AARP a biased group and that does not sit well with potential posters or members of AARP.

======================================
I find that best thing to do with that group is to not answer their posts to me.

Which is what many do when they don't have a substantial of rational answer to offer.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 12

@KidBoy2 wrote:

Part of Soosie's post..

I am called out for mis-spelled words or getting off topic, but I see it over and over here. What's up that?Some are singled out and God help a new one trying to post. Some try hard to discourage them. Seems this is making AARP a biased group and that does not sit well with potential posters or members of AARP.

=====================================================================

And you are spot on when you posted about members doing what they can to make fun of posters that are not in their "camp"

KidBoy2, you do realize that you just described what Soosie is doing by posting this topic, don't you?

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 12

@KidBoy2 wrote:

So true....a biased group.....wrong....an opinionated group.  What would anyone expect in the divisive climate you helped create,   its become a hate Trump and Republican group.  Just as you tried to make it a hate Obama and hate Liberal group over the previous decade.....there's plenty of evidence if needed.  And now some are feeling "challenged" since they elected a moron and a liar?  So?
And you are spot on when you posted about members doing what they can to make fun of posters that are not in their "camp"....it has worked...many posters just give up and stop posting after they are unable to defend their opinions intelligently.  One even changed political parties. have been called names, and they were reported and banned.  Quit whining and report them if it reoccurs.  made fun of and when they make a case for their views .  They fail to make a case.  They receive "pushback"/disagreement and they ignore them as you said you do, or whine, etc.  Some just can't face others disagreeing with them.  So?  A political forum may not be the "please agree me so I can feel good about my view."  I recall one poster who claimed everyone who disagreed with their view about kneeling during the national anthem was "ignorant"....they posted it several times.  I wonder how that person would describe how they handled a differing view.  By definition, that's a bigoted view (not being tolerant of a differing opinion).

I see that that group..they know who they are and know they are against securing our country with more border walls/fences. In 2019, they aren't necessary.  That group show that their hate of Trump is above keeping our borders safe. No, that group shows they don't agree with a liar, and his lies.  To wit....

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 12
Part of Soosie's post..

======================================
I find that best thing to do with that group is to not answer their posts to me.
Kudos
Views