Check out the 10th anniversary edition of ’99 Great Ways to Save,’ AARP’s annual guide to saving money.

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
60
Views

Re: Inflation Gas Prices Tariffs Killing Middle Class

60 Views
Message 1 of 17

@Olderscout66 wrote:

 


@rk9152 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

Wait until Trump's latest $100 BILLION Dollar Tax Cut for the Wealthy is stuffed down OUR Deficits Throat.


Tax payers got a tax cut. Are tax payers all "Wealthy" by your standards?


Only the Wealthy actually saw their disposable income increase because of the TrumpTaxscam. The average America might get a tax reduction of $400, Trump's sanctions on Iran jacked gasoline prices by $0.75/gallon from a year ago, so that average America has to spend $450 MORE to get back and forth to work. Trump is also gutting regulations and regulators that protect our health and safety - what does is cost to replace drinking water and food that is poison? Employment is up but wages are DOWN, and how about the 2.6 MILLION jobs that will be LOST because of his Trade Wars?


Do you have statistics determining how far the average person drives to work to get your $450 figure? And, how did that average person manage a few years ago when he had no tax cut and the gas prices were higher? I guess they had to stay home in 2012 when it was $3.62.

 

And "poisoned food" - is that related to gas prices, tariffs, or are you just in a bad mood again?

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
60
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
64
Views

Re: Inflation Gas Prices Tariffs Killing Middle Class

64 Views
Message 2 of 17


@rk9152 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

Wait until Trump's latest $100 BILLION Dollar Tax Cut for the Wealthy is stuffed down OUR Deficits Throat.


Tax payers got a tax cut. Are tax payers all "Wealthy" by your standards?


Only the Wealthy actually saw their disposable income increase because of the TrumpTaxscam. The average America might get a tax reduction of $400, Trump's sanctions on Iran jacked gasoline prices by $0.75/gallon from a year ago, so that average America has to spend $450 MORE to get back and forth to work. Trump is also gutting regulations and regulators that protect our health and safety - what does is cost to replace drinking water and food that is poison? Employment is up but wages are DOWN, and how about the 2.6 MILLION jobs that will be LOST because of his Trade Wars?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
64
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
87
Views

Inflation Gas Prices Tariffs Killing Middle Class

87 Views
Message 3 of 17

For non-cult members, here are some facts

  • The huge spending GOP bill is causing a rise in the deficit
  • The soon to be almost $2 Trillion Debt created by the GOP tax plan, is the primary reason car loans, home loans, student loans, and credit card loans are far more expensive
  • The rising rates are obliterating the small middle class tax relief
  • Soybean Farmers are being pounded because of tariffs
  • Prices are rising on cars and an array of other products such as plane tickets

But in Trump World, his cult members never hold their Supreme Leader accountable.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
87
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
91
Views

Re: Inflation Gas Prices Tariffs Killing Middle Class

91 Views
Message 4 of 17

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Dramatic, as always. However, a tax cut was not shoved down anyone's throat. Those paying tax got a cut hence, shoved in the pocket not the throat.

 

And then there is this - average cost today $2.87 and...it's been higher

Graph showing the annual average gasoline pump price from 1929 to 2015.


 

Great Example of - WHATABOUTISM

 

Sure we can find all kinds of - WHATABOUTISM - regarding Gas Prices

 

According the US Energy Information Administration (EIA) the highest price of gas in the US was reached during the week of July 7th 2008 at $4.11 per gallon for regular grade fuel (note this is a weekly average price). The US approached that price this spring when it reached $3.96 the week of May 9th.

 

Of course the FACTS reveal in 2008 we were in the Middle of the Worst Economic Crisis since the Great Depresssion

 

On May 9th of 2018 - According to Trump and the Trump Cult - We are in the Middle of the Greatest Economic Boon in American History

 

As always - Follow the Money - Great Economic Boons are usually paid for by the Middle Class

 

The Middle Class also pays for Tax breaks that mostly benefit the top 10% and Tariffs and Trade Wars are also Taxes on the Middle Class and American Small Businesses

  


If you want to make wild and inaccurate as in the title, you'll just have to accept some historical accuracy or what you call "whataboutism".

 

If you are going to keep repeating the inaccuracy, "The Middle Class also pays for Tax breaks that mostly benefit the top 10%..." I'll just have to keep pointing out that tax payers got tax breaks. So, you claim is impossible.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
91
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
98
Views

Re: Inflation Gas Prices Tariffs Killing Middle Class

98 Views
Message 5 of 17

@rk9152 wrote:

Dramatic, as always. However, a tax cut was not shoved down anyone's throat. Those paying tax got a cut hence, shoved in the pocket not the throat.

 

And then there is this - average cost today $2.87 and...it's been higher

Graph showing the annual average gasoline pump price from 1929 to 2015.


 

Great Example of - WHATABOUTISM

 

Sure we can find all kinds of - WHATABOUTISM - regarding Gas Prices

 

According the US Energy Information Administration (EIA) the highest price of gas in the US was reached during the week of July 7th 2008 at $4.11 per gallon for regular grade fuel (note this is a weekly average price). The US approached that price this spring when it reached $3.96 the week of May 9th.

 

Of course the FACTS reveal in 2008 we were in the Middle of the Worst Economic Crisis since the Great Depresssion

 

On May 9th of 2018 - According to Trump and the Trump Cult - We are in the Middle of the Greatest Economic Boon in American History

 

As always - Follow the Money - Great Economic Boons are usually paid for by the Middle Class

 

The Middle Class also pays for Tax breaks that mostly benefit the top 10% and Tariffs and Trade Wars are also Taxes on the Middle Class and American Small Businesses

 

 

 

 

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
98
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
102
Views

Re: Inflation Gas Prices Tariffs Killing Middle Class

102 Views
Message 6 of 17

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Never expect Trump Cult members to venture out of their alternate reality and deal with the truth. They live in Trump World where there is no respect for the truth or honesty.


See what I mean, jim?

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
102
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
109
Views

Inflation Gas Prices Tariffs Killing Middle Class

109 Views
Message 7 of 17

Never expect Trump Cult members to venture out of their alternate reality and deal with the truth. They live in Trump World where there is no respect for the truth or honesty.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
109
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
121
Views

Re: Inflation Gas Prices Tariffs Killing Middle Class

121 Views
Message 8 of 17

I have confidence in them, jim - they can always manufacture something to churn their innards and feed their ulcers.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
121
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
138
Views

Re: Inflation Gas Prices Tariffs Killing Middle Class

138 Views
Message 9 of 17

@rk9152, you can't keep doing this!  If you keep pointing how how well things are going in our country, the Trump haters here are going to have to come up with another false narrative.  They are running out of things that are rudely outrageous!

 

Enjoy your day!

 

j

 

 

VIMTSTL
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
138
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
152
Views

Re: Inflation Gas Prices Tariffs Killing Middle Class

152 Views
Message 10 of 17

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Here's another example of inflation hurting the middle class. Housing demand sees biggest drop in more than 2 years

  • Housing demand fell 9.6 percent in June, compared with June of 2017, according to a monthly index from Redfin. That is the largest decline since April 2016.
  • The number of people requesting home tours fell 6.1 percent annually in June

CNBC

 

U.S. pending home sales rise, supply constraints remain

Reuters


https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-economy-housing/us-pending-home-sales-rise-supply-constraints...

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
152
Views