Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Incorrect Assessments of White Country Males

Message 11 of 30
Why do you think he was unemployed? Many (most?) middle class jobs aren’t M-F 9-5 and haven't been for a long time.

How do you know this was the situation? Do you think this is a good time to be shopping and creating more pregnancies? Is it a good time to run up your phone bill? I hate to burst your bubble, but not everyone wants to work. If it is to one's advantage to not work and draw from the Government, unless they have some inner desire to better themselves, this is the route they take. I have been involved with too many programs where the system allows for this behavior. I have heard people say they can make more staying at home. Sad that it is this way, but it is. I'm not sure how you have gotten the distorted view that everyone is a victim. A lot of people are players. This will run through generations because it is taught. Sometimes people have to get to the point they need to depend on themselves for basics. Until that happens and there are no more soft touches available, the trend will always be there.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 30

@Soosie wrote:
@Manic......................If you think I am ever going to put a stamp of approval on the people who won't work and spend their days "knocking up a woman" when they are not in the mall, don't hold your breath. People who don't work for their living are not on my good list. I call them lazy, shiftless and a pimple on society. Now, it is Ok for you to pat them on the backside. You have that right, just don't expect me to follow blindly.

Why do you think he was unemployed? Many (most?) middle class jobs aren’t M-F 9-5 and haven't been for a long time.  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 30

@MIseker wrote:

There ya go lumping liberals and telling them how to act or believe. The very thing suzy complained about in her topic.

So point out where I am incorrect?  Don't you have anything to say about the topic instead of attacking Soosie and I for our opinions?   We were commenting on the topic, was you?  The topic itself if a blanket accusation of Whites and males.  You have anything on the topic besides one liners attacking others' posts?

“Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself”. . . FDR
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 30

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Problem is a surfeit of white male manipulation.

Only the homosexuals.

You are getting sleepy.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 30
Good grief Chas.................I didn't even know you were a male, must less old.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 30

@Soosie wrote:

Some time back a poster here said that Trump was elected President because country, white males are not educated.  That stuck a bad nerve with me.  My Dad's family consisted of country born white males. My Grandfather owned a large farm.  He made sure his children were educated and praised their success.   In the group we had a President of a major airline, several who owned successful businesses,  a Dean of Medicine at a University, and several prominent Doctors.  To say country male white men are uneducated to me says some jerk has not a clue of what he speaks and does not mind trying to insult those who grew up on farms.    Sounds more to me like the lack of education is in another area.

I point this out because this board should not be designed for one group of left thinking people to be able to throw up insults without a hint of what they speak.  I would like to see posters not only called out for insulting an individual but also a class of people......whites, Christians, etc.  It is as wrong to allow these insults as it is to take a poster down if they say anything about a black or Muslim.

But it is OK for someone to post topics slamming, criticizing, and attacking "all of the old males" posting in Politics and Current Events at AARP ?  It is OK for somone to post accusatory statements about  one group of left thinking people

Pot ......... Kettle ......... Black

Democrats in 2020
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 30
@Manic......................If you think I am ever going to put a stamp of approval on the people who won't work and spend their days "knocking up a woman" when they are not in the mall, don't hold your breath. People who don't work for their living are not on my good list. I call them lazy, shiftless and a pimple on society. Now, it is Ok for you to pat them on the backside. You have that right, just don't expect me to follow blindly.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 30

@Soosie wrote:

Some time back a poster here said that Trump was elected President because country, white males are not educated.  That stuck a bad nerve with me.  My Dad's family consisted of country born white males. My Grandfather owned a large farm.  He made sure his children were educated and praised their success.   In the group we had a President of a major airline, several who owned successful businesses,  a Dean of Medicine at a University, and several prominent Doctors.  To say country male white men are uneducated to me says some jerk has not a clue of what he speaks and does not mind trying to insult those who grew up on farms.    Sounds more to me like the lack of education is in another area.

I point this out because this board should not be designed for one group of left thinking people to be able to throw up insults without a hint of what they speak.  I would like to see posters not only called out for insulting an individual but also a class of people......whites, Christians, etc.  It is as wrong to allow these insults as it is to take a poster down if they say anything about a black or Muslim.

But it is perfectly OK for someone to post here criticizing and attacking "all of the old males" posting here in the Politics and Current Events group?

Pot ....... Kettle ........ Black

Democrats in 2020
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 30

@Soosie wrote:
The thread was not about father's in the mall. I accept that you want to fix the world by posting on this site. I also know posting here does not do it. I find this site to be a place for seniors to come and express views that are seen by a small group. In some cases it is for seniors who want and maybe need to vent anger. It is that new word "yeahbutt". Nothing is ever OK with them. If they have to reach back to what my son calls the "Olden Days," then by golly they will stay in that mindset. After all if it happened 20 years ago, we must be punished for it. No one today is allowed to have a good life. We must wallow in guilt for the rest of our days. Sometimes I think the ones promoting this are really promoting themselves. Look at me. I am so pure. See my halo.

You said you wanted to see people called out for insulting an individual or a class of people. That’s what I did. That post was one of the most mean-spirited I’ve seen in awhile. I can only imagine it came from a place of real pain, which is why I didn’t comment on it the first time.

But it was horribly judgmental. To be concerned that a man shopping in a mall with his family was a potential robber is just so full of wild assumptions. 

Everyone is doing the best they can with the life circumstances they have. You, me, that man.  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 30

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@Soosie- Very interesting. You believe our problems can be solved WITHOUT MONEY, and the one we elect as President makes no difference to our lives.

Explains a lot -thanks for the info.

I have to believe Soosie is correct.  It is not who is President or his political party that determines if a person is successful.  But it does depend upon individual initiative.  And that is regardless of a persons gender, race or skin color.  It depends on each person and how much they want to succeed.  My own family came from the mountains of Tennessee where we lived day by day.  But that didn't stop any of us from succeeding in our ambitions.   All of this talk about white males is just a bunch of baloney, again because skin color has nothing to do with ambition where if there is a will, there is a way.  Unless one just wants to wait for everything being given to them which is being encouraged by liberals.

From posts here, I get the idea that liberals want to depend on a communistic system to make them upward mobile.  Too many posts here are attempting to create a racial or gender divide.

There ya go lumping liberals and telling them how to act or believe. The very thing suzy complained about in her topic.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.

Top Authors