Refresh your driving skills and learn about new car technology with the AARP Driver Safety page.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: In solidarity

Message 1 of 6

I was at a local public safety awards luncheon yesterday and a local rabbi gave the invocation. He first said a prayer for those killed and those who lost loved ones in Christchurch.   It literally brought tears to my eyes.   The local Jewish community is supporting Muslims the same way the local Muslim community supported Jewish people when we received so many bomb threats at synagogues and Jewish day schools here last year. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 6

@Controlled42010 wrote:

Again evil has struck.  Being a Christian, when I heard of this tragedy yesterday, I immediately prayed for the lost, injured and community. People of faith and not of false prophesy that evil is hiding behind, regardless of the faith, must all pray together as a people to come together and overcome this evil. Being a person whose life may have been a victim of terrorism used to be a rarity, but now far too many are falling into the category of the unfortunate loved one. These are very sad and dangerous times and I pray we as a people can come together and stand against this without becoming the evil we are fighting.  Prayers of comfort, healing and protection for these souls. Give God a chance, you may be quite surprised at the love, healing and understanding he can give you in these dark times.

Very well said Controlled.  I stand with you.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 6

Mar. 15, 2019 - HuffPost - Carol Kuruvilla - "Jews, Christians, Sikhs And Others Mourn With Muslims After New Zealand Attack"

Smiley Sad  Heart

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 6

Again evil has struck.  Being a Christian, when I heard of this tragedy yesterday, I immediately prayed for the lost, injured and community. People of faith and not of false prophesy that evil is hiding behind, regardless of the faith, must all pray together as a people to come together and overcome this evil. Being a person whose life may have been a victim of terrorism used to be a rarity, but now far too many are falling into the category of the unfortunate loved one. These are very sad and dangerous times and I pray we as a people can come together and stand against this without becoming the evil we are fighting.  Prayers of comfort, healing and protection for these souls. Give God a chance, you may be quite surprised at the love, healing and understanding he can give you in these dark times.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 6

I am of neither faith, but I want to honor the compassion that the Jewish community is showing the Muslim community. Similar to the same compassion, in reverse, that was shown after the shooting at the Jewish center in Pittsburgh. 

Perhaps we all can take a lesson from this humane action. 

Pray for those who were taken. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

In solidarity

Message 6 of 6

https://www.timesofisrael.com/in-solidarity-with-muslims-nz-jews-shut-synagogues-on-shabbat-for-firs...

In solidarity with Muslims, NZ Jews shut synagogues on Shabbat for first time

‘We offer our full assistance and support to the Muslim community,’ New Zealand Jewish official says after slaying of at least 49 people at two mosques in Christchurch  

The New Zealand Jewish community decided to shut its synagogues on Shabbat for the first time ever in an act of solidarity with the Muslim community in the country in the wake of the slaying of at least 49 people at two mosques in Christchurch.

“For the first time in history synagogues in NZ are closed on Shabbat following the shocking massacre of Muslims in Christchurch,” Tweeted Isaac Herzog, head of the Jewish Agency for Israel.

“The Jewish Agency and the NZ Jewish Council stand in solidarity with the bereaved families. We are united in fighting violent hatred and racism,” he said.

Among the synagogues to close this weekend, the Auckland Hebrew Congregation told members it had taken the “unprecedented step” to cancel all services this Shabbat over “concern about the security” of the community, Jewish News reported.

The Community Security Trust has also urged places of worship to exercise extra caution over the coming hours.

“Access control is of vital importance. Doors should be closed, to be opened for worshippers, school pupils etc, then closed again,” a statement by the CST read.

The New Zealand Jewish Council is ”sickened and devastated” by the attacks, in which at least one armed individual killed dozens of people by shooting them at close distance with a semi-automatic rifle.

יצחק הרצוג Isaac Herzog@Isaac_Herzog

For the first time in history synagogues in NZ are closed on Shabbat following the shocking massacre of Muslims in Christchurch. The Jewish Agency and the NZ Jewish Council stand in solidarity with the bereaved families. We are united in fighting violent hatred and racism.

Tags (3)
Kudos
Views
Replies