Esteemed Social Butterfly

Impeachment Announcement

Stay tuned: House Speaker Pelosi to announce formal impeachment inquiry of Trump

Seems if Donnie is intent on sinking his ship, Nancy is willing to oblige him.  Remember she wanted to make sure all the ducks were in a row and it appears Donnie is lining them up nicely.

Honored Social Butterfly

Laurie, I am so stupid because I should have known, but just figured out why we haven't heard one word from Trump World. 

In Trump/Fox world, they do not think for themselves. They wait for Fox to come up with their propaganda spin and then Fox tells their viewers what to say. Fox hasn't had an opportunity to do that, so our Trump Lovers are patiently waiting to be told what to say. I should have known this was the case.

Fox will probably come up with some way to blame Hillary and/or President Obama for Trump breaking criminal laws. 

Regular Social Butterfly

@CriticalThinking wrote:blue ribbon 1st place.jpegLaurie, I am so stupid because I should have known, but just figured out why we haven't heard one word from Trump World. 

In Trump/Fox world, they do not think for themselves. They wait for Fox to come up with their propaganda spin and then Fox tells their viewers what to say. Fox hasn't had an opportunity to do that, so our Trump Lovers are patiently waiting to be told what to say. I should have known this was the case.

Fox will probably come up with some way to blame Hillary and/or President Obama for Trump breaking criminal laws. 

And we have a WINNER!!!!   Ding...ding...ding....

I think you totally nailed it! Smiley Wink

Honored Social Butterfly

EX-ACTLY Cee Tee, as usual!!
Honored Social Butterfly

Where are our Trump Lovers on this issue? Are they in shock because the Dems actually stood up and took definitive action? Or, are they so worried about their Supreme Leader in the White House, that they are incapable of commenting on this major issue?

Honored Social Butterfly

Where are our Trump Lovers on this issue? Are they in shock because the Dems actually stood up and took definitive action? Or, are they so worried about their Supreme Leader in the White House, that they are incapable of commenting on this major issue?

Of all the things Democrats might choose to focus on that have made Trump a uniquely awful president, they want to fixate on the fact that Trump pressured Ukraine to reveal potential corruption with Joe Biden.

It's true. Trump's stuff is worse. No doubt. But in the end, no one cares. The fact is, many Americans expect Trump to do things like this. A lot of people kind of appreciate that he sticks his corruption right in their face rather than hiding it and trying to pretend that he's a saintly moralist with great values.

Why aren't Republicans here defending Trump's actions? I don't know.

But Trump's friends are wasting no time...

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Ahh....perhaps they just know it's all lies...fake news because Trump said so....or just don't care?!

Honored Social Butterfly

Laurie, Trump is going crazy. He's finally being held accountable by someone, which has never happened before. His ego will not allow him to handle an impeachment hearing. I wouldn't be surprised to see him completely snap mentally. 

Regular Social Butterfly

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Laurie, Trump is going crazy. He's finally behind held accountable by someone, which has never happened before. His ego will not allow him to handle an impeachment hearing. I wouldn't be surprised to see him completely snap mentally. Uh oh, DOWNWARD spiral!Uh oh, DOWNWARD spiral!

Honored Social Butterfly

Good Lord.....

If we don't hold the POTUS to account to adhere to his oath, to uphold the US Constitution, what in the world is the point in having one?

Get a spine....and take your lumps if they come.  There is value in doing the right thing, regardless of the outcome.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Regular Social Butterfly

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Good Lord.....

If we don't hold the POTUS to account to adhere to his oath, to uphold the US Constitution, what in the world is the point in having one?

Get a spine....and take your lumps if they come.  There is value in doing the right thing, regardless of the outcome.

LMAO....Constitution??? What's that??? Oh yeah, he's got a sharpie for that too! Smiley Wink

Honored Social Butterfly

I agree with Laurie. There's no shame in losing the presidency during the election, it happens to someone every 4 years. However, having the House of Representatives state you behaved like a criminal in the office of the presidency, is permanently recorded on the historical record. 

Always remember two things about Trump. He has a massive ego and throughout his life, nobody could tell him what he could or couldn't do. The ego part hasn't changed, but the House has finally said you can no longer get away with criminal behavior. We're going to put you on trial.

Trump is finally being held accountable for his numerous despicable actions. 

Regular Social Butterfly

@CriticalThinking wrote:

I agree with Laurie. There's no shame in losing the presidency during the election, it happens to someone every 4 years. However, having the House of Representatives state you behaved like a criminal in the office of the presidency, is permanently recorded on the historical record. 

Always remember two things about Trump. He has a massive ego and throughout his life, nobody could tell him what he could or couldn't do. The ego part hasn't changed, but the House has finally said you can no longer get away with criminal behavior. We're going to put you on trial.

Trump was finally held accountable for his despicable actions. 

Exactly @CriticalThinking  Slap that man's EGO!!!  Believe me, rethuglicans can't stand it!

Regular Social Butterfly

Idk, imo, an impeachment needs to go on this man's historical record....they did it to Clinton,they can do it again!

Honored Social Butterfly

I agree that throwing Trump out of office at the ballot box would be better.  It has become obvious that Trump really does believe the Constitution allows him to perform any act he wishes no matter how unethical.  Frankly, we can't leave him there for another year without repercussions for his actions. 

It is being reported that Trump called Pelosi to ask how to stop the impeachment inquiries. She responded "you could start by obeying the law".  I think that is fun. 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I completely disagree with Gordy. Since becoming President, Trump has behaved in a despicable manner on many fronts. For example, he surrounded himself with convicted felons, he may have obstructed justice on 10 occasions, he apparently broke campaign financing law, he's a pathological liar, and he released secure intelligence to Russia and others. This Ukranian incident was apparently the final icing on the cake. 

If the House doesn't act to impeach Trump, they would be condoning the worst behavior of any President during our lifetime. That would be the biggest mistake of all. It is their responsibility to protect America from a President who's a criminal. I'm very pleased to see they are doing their job. 

I don't anticipate a conviction, but who knows what Republican members of the Senate will do after they see and hear all the evidence? They can't do anything if there is no impeachment trial.

Honored Social Butterfly

The impeachment hearing will likely help Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren. With Joe Biden, this will provide damage control from the Republican campaign ads focusing on Biden, Ukraine and his son. I've already seen one campaign video on this.

The average American doesn't know who Hunter Biden is, although I'm seeing memes pop up on Facebook tying him with drugs, expulsion from the military, and a high paying job in the Ukraine. It doesn't matter if he has been convicted of a crime. It will raise questions, at least the appearance of a conflict of interest. The Biden name.

We went through this with Hillary 2016. She was never convicted of anything, but voter's heads were spinning when they went to the polls trying to decide between, as they perceived, the lesser of two evils.

Here is Trump's campaign ad about Joe Biden and "UkraineGate".

Trump post the campaign video on his Twitter account....

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1175392716110401543?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweete...

Honored Social Butterfly

I'm not much into impeachment. I do think the American people should impeach Trump on Tuesday, November 3, 2020. That's been my thinking all along. Unless some obvious crime is committed by the president, impeachment will create more harm than good. 

Democratic hopeful Tulsi Gabbard said in an interview on Tuesday that impeaching President Donald Trump would be “terribly divisive for our already very divided country.”

The Hawaiian congresswoman made the remarks on CNN.

“Look, my position remains the same. I think impeachment would be terribly divisive for our already very divided country,” Gabbard told CNN’s Brooke Baldwin.

“I think Congress needs to exercise oversight over the information that’s been leaked. I think it’s important this transcript is released to Congress so that Congress can do its job.”

Later Tuesday, Politico reported that Trump agreed to release to Congress the whistleblower complaint that is the backbone of the House Democrats call for impeachment proceedings.

During the Ukraine call, Trump allegedly asked Zelensky to investigate whether former Vice President and White House hopeful Joe Biden improperly pulled strings to help his son in the country — while holding promised US military aid over his head.

Gabbard is the sole 2020 Democratic presidential candidate to take a stance against impeaching Trump.

Honored Social Butterfly

Jim is wrong, that's not how it works. The House Judiciary Committee, which has jurisdiction over impeachment proceedings, decides whether to pursue articles of impeachment against the accused official and can hold hearings to review the accusations. If the committee votes to approve articles of impeachment, then the formal charges move to the full House for a vote.

The House votes on each of the articles of impeachment separately and can approve them with a simple majority of those voting. If all 435 House members vote, then 218 votes would be needed.

Honored Social Butterfly

HMMM...

I wonder why Speaker Pelosi did not cal for a VOTE on the House Floor regarding Impeachment?

IMO, we need to get all the members of the House on record concerning this procedure.

VIMTSTL
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

YESSSS! GET HIS BUTT OUTTA HERE.

Social Butterfly

Trump will have meltdown before a national audience. The over/under is 24 hours. Place your bets.

A Twitter meltdown will not count as those are continuous.

Any Competent Adult 2020  

Super Contributor

Good evening to all-

Russell, with all due respect, how can you continue to defend and try to justify the vileness of the present occupant of the White House?

No one"conspired" to bring down a president. It is time that a life-long lier, thief, thug, and abuser is brought before the law. No person is above the law, and it's time that Trump faces his crimes.

How can anyone still try and defend this vile individual after he has time after time demonstrated just how corrupt, selfish, and harmful he is? If any other person serving as President had done a tenth of what tRump has done, he would have been removed long ago. It's time for tRump to be held responsible for the damage he has done.

Vote the garbage out. We can do better.

good night to all- Ed

Honored Social Butterfly

@MsStretch wrote:

Stay tuned: House Speaker Pelosi to announce formal impeachment inquiry of Trump

Seems if Donnie is intent on sinking his ship, Nancy is willing to oblige him.  Remember she wanted to make sure all the ducks were in a row and it appears Donnie is lining them up nicely.

Image result for ducks in a row

Well said.....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Conversationalist

Think about the timing of this for a moment.  Could this all be orchestrated by the Democrats to happen at the same time the DOJ IG report on the Russian hoax is about to come out? It sure takes a lot of wind out of that report, giving the MSM plenty of other things to cover and allow them to ignore how the DNC, Hillary, and the MSM conspired to bring down a president.

Periodic Contributor

Not only that but the 2014 coup in Ukraine by the Democrats is starting to unravel with the puppet regime (actual Nazi's) they had installed. The democrats colluded with them to interfere in our election. Ukraine already admitted it.  This entire fiasco by the democrats is to constantly attack  Trump so as not to expose all the evil done by the lawless Obama marxist regime.  As poor a country as Ukraine is...they were #1 in donations to the clinton foundation.  The dems robbed them of billions.  I feel bad for all the sheeple the marxist 'democrats' have deceived.  They are going to be in for a shocker if they are interested in truth.

Honored Social Butterfly

RusselP:   to ignore how the DNC, Hillary, and the MSM conspired to bring down a president.

I hear that gang had meetings in a certain Pizza parlor so they could make their plans to bring down Trump while keeping an eye on Hillary's pedophile ring. 🙂

Honored Social Butterfly

@RussellP197074 wrote:

Think about the timing of this for a moment.

Better Late Than Never

Image result for image cartoon trump forgets words all about ME

@RussellP197074 wrote:

Think about the timing of this for a moment.  Could this all be orchestrated by the Democrats to happen at the same time the DOJ IG report on the Russian hoax is about to come out? It sure takes a lot of wind out of that report, giving the MSM plenty of other things to cover and allow them to ignore how the DNC, Hillary, and the MSM conspired to bring down a president.

Sounds like something out of the Trump playbook.

Trump, during 'executive time' at the Trump Tower, while 'working very hard at the UN', is on a tweeting rampage.  Well, no surprise there.  He is a little miffed that Nancy et al didn't even see the phone transcript yet.

Someone needs to clue him in (with colorful pictures and sharpies, if need be) that the infamous phone call is NOT the only reason that a formal impeachment inquiry is being open.  It's just another duck in a long row that finally broke it.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png