Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 11 of 46

Laurie, Trump is going crazy. He's finally being held accountable by someone, which has never happened before. His ego will not allow him to handle an impeachment hearing. I wouldn't be surprised to see him completely snap mentally. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 46

@CriticalThinking wrote:

I agree with Laurie. There's no shame in losing the presidency during the election, it happens to someone every 4 years. However, having the House of Representatives state you behaved like a criminal in the office of the presidency, is permanently recorded on the historical record. 

Always remember two things about Trump. He has a massive ego and throughout his life, nobody could tell him what he could or couldn't do. The ego part hasn't changed, but the House has finally said you can no longer get away with criminal behavior. We're going to put you on trial.

Trump was finally held accountable for his despicable actions. 

Exactly @CriticalThinking  Slap that man's EGO!!!  Believe me, rethuglicans can't stand it!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 46

I agree with Laurie. There's no shame in losing the presidency during the election, it happens to someone every 4 years. However, having the House of Representatives state you behaved like a criminal in the office of the presidency, is permanently recorded on the historical record. 

Always remember two things about Trump. He has a massive ego and throughout his life, nobody could tell him what he could or couldn't do. The ego part hasn't changed, but the House has finally said you can no longer get away with criminal behavior. We're going to put you on trial.

Trump is finally being held accountable for his numerous despicable actions. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 46

Idk, imo, an impeachment needs to go on this man's historical record....they did it to Clinton,they can do it again!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 46

I agree that throwing Trump out of office at the ballot box would be better.  It has become obvious that Trump really does believe the Constitution allows him to perform any act he wishes no matter how unethical.  Frankly, we can't leave him there for another year without repercussions for his actions. 

It is being reported that Trump called Pelosi to ask how to stop the impeachment inquiries. She responded "you could start by obeying the law".  I think that is fun. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 46

I completely disagree with Gordy. Since becoming President, Trump has behaved in a despicable manner on many fronts. For example, he surrounded himself with convicted felons, he may have obstructed justice on 10 occasions, he apparently broke campaign financing law, he's a pathological liar, and he released secure intelligence to Russia and others. This Ukranian incident was apparently the final icing on the cake. 

If the House doesn't act to impeach Trump, they would be condoning the worst behavior of any President during our lifetime. That would be the biggest mistake of all. It is their responsibility to protect America from a President who's a criminal. I'm very pleased to see they are doing their job. 

I don't anticipate a conviction, but who knows what Republican members of the Senate will do after they see and hear all the evidence? They can't do anything if there is no impeachment trial.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 46

I'm not much into impeachment. I do think the American people should impeach Trump on Tuesday, November 3, 2020. That's been my thinking all along. Unless some obvious crime is committed by the president, impeachment will create more harm than good. 

Democratic hopeful Tulsi Gabbard said in an interview on Tuesday that impeaching President Donald Trump would be “terribly divisive for our already very divided country.”

The Hawaiian congresswoman made the remarks on CNN.

“Look, my position remains the same. I think impeachment would be terribly divisive for our already very divided country,” Gabbard told CNN’s Brooke Baldwin.

“I think Congress needs to exercise oversight over the information that’s been leaked. I think it’s important this transcript is released to Congress so that Congress can do its job.”

Later Tuesday, Politico reported that Trump agreed to release to Congress the whistleblower complaint that is the backbone of the House Democrats call for impeachment proceedings.

During the Ukraine call, Trump allegedly asked Zelensky to investigate whether former Vice President and White House hopeful Joe Biden improperly pulled strings to help his son in the country — while holding promised US military aid over his head.

Gabbard is the sole 2020 Democratic presidential candidate to take a stance against impeaching Trump.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 46

Jim is wrong, that's not how it works. The House Judiciary Committee, which has jurisdiction over impeachment proceedings, decides whether to pursue articles of impeachment against the accused official and can hold hearings to review the accusations. If the committee votes to approve articles of impeachment, then the formal charges move to the full House for a vote.

The House votes on each of the articles of impeachment separately and can approve them with a simple majority of those voting. If all 435 House members vote, then 218 votes would be needed.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 46

HMMM...

I wonder why Speaker Pelosi did not cal for a VOTE on the House Floor regarding Impeachment?

IMO, we need to get all the members of the House on record concerning this procedure.

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 46

"She seems like a very happy young girl looking forward to a bright and wonderful future. So nice to see!" Trump tweeted.

Ladies and gentlemen, the President of the United States is mocking a 16-year-old girl.

Where is the Republican Party? I barely recognize the country I love.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit

Top Authors