Looking for work? The U.S. Census Bureau is hiring more than 500,000 people nationwide. Learn more.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: If Jesus Had a Gun...

Message 1 of 27

@Epster wrote:

Just saw this on Twitter, thought it too funny not to pass along. LOL.

Breaking News.png

If you would recall, from the 26nd chapter of Matthew, one of Jesus followers used his sword and cut off the ear of a servant of the high priest.  Jesus immediately healed it and said all who takes the sword shall perish by the sword' .  There is a parallel today in carrying a weapon.  But if he wanted he didn't need a weapon to defend himself because a legion of angels could have protected him if he wasn't fulfilling prophecy.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 27

This is a reply to Epster who in a previous statement said the following:  It #19 of 25 on this subject.

I'm the one who posted this: I'm a Christian and a former lay minister. It was posted to Twitter by a religion reporter.

After stating in some of his posts in reply to me that I was using the words of "others" in my discussion, I pointed out in terms quoting from the Gospel of Matthew, the Gospel  which he claims was the only Biblical authority, in which he believed--he now accusses me of harrassment, on a subject which he began.

He now claims and  forcefully stated that he was now a Monotheist:-- which is it  Christian and a former lay minister or  Monotheist.   

You can't be both.  Perhaps I am mistaken, please explain to me your meaning of the word Monotheist.  

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 27

@rj7500  I appreciate your efforts to bring me along and to educate me according to your understanding of our Lord and Savior. 

However, this is neither the time nor place for this conversation, and I simply will not be a part of it. When I said go in peace, I meant it. But since you did not honor that request, now I am creating personal spam filters so that I will no longer see anything with your screen name on it.

You see, I feel you are now harassing me with your world view. See you in heaven. I'll be in the rock n roll room, almost certainly singing at the top of my lungs. Look me up.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 27

@rj7500 wrote:

@Epster

It seems the problem that you have is the way the Gospel is used in many churches and believe that I am  using  the words of other people to expand upon God's word.

Here from the Gospel--which are only the first four books of the Protestant  New Testament,  out of 66, are the words from the Gospel of Matthew--without any expansion or expounding.  

Matthew  6:9   Our Father in heaven  Hallowed be thy name.  

Matthew 7:17   A good tree cannot bring forth bad fruit.  Neither can a bad tree bring forth good fruit.

Mathew  7:20   By their fruits shall you know them.

Matthew 24:11  Many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. 

I am not making a judgement about you or other servants of God.   Merely trying to inform you of the  reasons found in the Gospel  for my post in scriptual terms.  I hope these quotes from the Gospel  are enough to convince you that you might have erred in what you consider to be a joke about our Lord and Savior.  

FYI: Hallowed by all definitions is something to be respected and admired and something that is holy and venerated.   

I'm of the belief/opinion/conviction that God doesn't care the tiniest bit about attitudes some of us may cop, and things we might say.

As a Monotheist, I'm of the firm belief that all religions come from the same single source, and are the flawed and imperfect visions of what flawed and imperfect humans have and hold - sorta right - in some places - and sorta wrong in other places.

There's absolutely no question (both Muhammad and the Quran verify it) that the Islamic Allah is in fact the very same God that Abraham was willing to sacrifice his son for - Jesus father, too.

Yep - YHWH, the Christian God, and Allah have always been the same single deity...

Flawed and fallible humans have gotten the detail and dogma all fouled up...

Does God care if someone decides to become a Pastafarian?

Nope - not a bit...

All of us are flawed and imperfect - we need to cut the same slack to plain and ordinary people who believe differently than we do as we cut slack for those of our fellow beings who are - famous artists, famous musicians, movie stars, military heroes, rocket scientists, and world famous athletes etc etc etc...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 27

@Epster

It seems the problem that you have is the way the Gospel is used in many churches and believe that I am  using  the words of other people to expand upon God's word.

Here from the Gospel--which are only the first four books of the Protestant  New Testament,  out of 66, are the words from the Gospel of Matthew--without any expansion or expounding.  

Matthew  6:9   Our Father in heaven  Hallowed be thy name.  

Matthew 7:17   A good tree cannot bring forth bad fruit.  Neither can a bad tree bring forth good fruit.

Mathew  7:20   By their fruits shall you know them.

Matthew 24:11  Many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. 

I am not making a judgement about you or other servants of God.   Merely trying to inform you of the  reasons found in the Gospel  for my post in scriptual terms.  I hope these quotes from the Gospel  are enough to convince you that you might have erred in what you consider to be a joke about our Lord and Savior.  

FYI: Hallowed by all definitions is something to be respected and admired and something that is holy and venerated.   

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 27

@erikm219989 wrote:

@ReTiReD51 wrote:

@Epster wrote:

@ReTiReD51 wrote:

@EpsterI don’t think you meant anything by it either. However I do see rj7500’s point. To a true Christian Jesus and God are not advertising mascots to be applied as needed to an evangelical gun lover’s politics or personal interests.

Me- I’m an agnostic and I’d like to know WWJP, What Would Jesus Pack?

@ReTiReD51  Smiley Happy

I used to always say that God was a lot more liberal than me. I pack a Glock. 

I hope you don't tell anyone about it and keep it concealed. Then when you do pull it out everyone is surprised. Don't you just love the look then on everyone’s face?

And then you could end up with a whole mess of cops pointing their guns at you and open firing on you the moment they have begun to fear for their lives.

Yeah - those would be the "bad/stupid" cops.

Pulling a gun in the presence of a cop is an act of stupidity that is definitely Darwin Award quality...

However - It wouldn't be surprising to hear of a rightwinger doing that - once...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 27

While playing in a Wallyball league back in the DC area, a buddy said that in one of the Star Trek movies, Spock said he, "Saw God, and she was black".  I never saw the movie and haven't been able to find anything on-line suggesting such, but I did find this attributed to Spock:

But then again, didn't he have a LOT to say about raising children back in the 50"s?   Smiley Wink

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 27

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

And she has a great sense of humor.....

She's black, as well....

God is a Black Woman

Man Wink

@Centristsin2010 Merp. Oh. Whoops. My myopia got in the way here, I see. Smiley Happy You meant God has a good sense of humor. 

Yes, exactly. And He/She/Gender neutral being may well be black. Or light brown. Or ruddy skinned. Or olive skinned. Maybe any and all of these at any given moment. TBD. Smiley Happy

So many people serve such a small Jesus it breaks my heart. Smiley Sad

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 27

@rj7500  The trouble I find with the way the Gospel is used in many churches, and going from what you've just posted, that would appear to include yours, is that people often use the words of other people to expand and expound upon God's word. 

Yet neither you nor I are here to judge other servants of God. Go in peace.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 27

@Epster wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@Epster wrote:

@ReTiReD51  Smiley Happy

I used to always say that God was a lot more liberal than me. I pack a Glock. 

And she has a great sense of humor.....

Full disclosure: I paid @Centristsin2010 to say that ... (thanks Cent)

She's black, as well....

God is a Black Woman

Man Wink

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors