AARP and the photographers of Magnum Photos look at older people living in new ways around the world in A New Age.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: ‘If It Could Happen to Them, Why Can’t It Happen to Us?’

Message 1 of 8
they don't have to as you say "make" Trump look bad, he already IS! Obviously the pressure paid off as he was forced to change a big part of his policy today. Seeing lots of stories about Republicans who are NOT happy with his policy AND speaking up about it too.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 8
Panjandrom's post..

KidBoy2: It is happening everyday to citizens of our country. Children are being taken away when their parents break laws. And were do they go... to children protective services...and then to homes that get paid to take the children in with the hope that these children will have good care.

There is absolutely no relevant comparisons to be made with what's happening to those migrant children. It's a horrible, abusive policy, completely unlike anything we've seen in this country.

===========================

There is absolutely no relevant comparisons to be made with what's happening to those migrant children and the children being taken away from our legal citizens.

The children of illegal are being held for two weeks and given care and in most cases what I have seen are in good facility's with food and medical care. The children taken away from legal parents are taken away for long times depending on the sentence handed out...6 months, two years, 20 years.

Please get real and do not fall for all the garbage that is being put out ...mostly in a effort to make Trump look bad and help the liberals get votes.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 8

@xrepub wrote:

My 7-year-old understood the danger of the Trump administration better than I did.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/19/opinion/children-border-separated-foster-care-trauma.html?rref=co...

Thank you for the link.  I have one comment. The pertinence to today's situation, its content and descriptions are far more deserving of everyone's attention than the 'trash talk' common on this forum.  My opinion, of course.

Unfortunately, not everyone will follow this link...especially those who hold the New York Times in low esteem.  Others will not because links can be hazardous. Had you done the 'cut and paste' routine or re-typed in total with credits, more people here would end up seeing what they'd rather not see.  Just saying.  

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 8

KidBoy2:  It is happening everyday to citizens of our country. Children are being taken away when their parents break laws. And were do they go... to children protective services...and then to homes that get paid to take the children in with the hope that these children will have good care. 

There is absolutely no relevant comparisons to be made with what's happening to those migrant children. It's a horrible, abusive policy, completely unlike anything we've seen in this country.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 8
And many are abused. I dealt with CPS they do not care it is just a job.
Get them in the system and when of age get them out.
Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 8
A child in my Family was going to be put in FC and we took her in instead. This was my flesh and blood and the depression she suffered was unimaginable..

She spent weeks in bed almost 24/7, it took us weeks to get her self esteem back up. She was 15 and now at almost 20 the effects of FC by her own family has left a scar we can not remove. She hurts to the core of her heart, feeling unwanted and it will last a life time.
I can not imagine a relative of mine being put into FC and not knowing where they were to get to them, what a heart ache for the ENTIRE family.

No matter the why or where a child is put into FC it is traumatic, but these children are going to strangers making it even worse. They have no idea why their parents don't want them or have them.
Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 8
‘If It Could Happen to Them, Why Can’t It Happen to Us?’

=======================
It is happening everyday to citizens of our country. Children are being taken away when their parents break laws. And were do they go... to children protective services...and then to homes that get paid to take the children in with the hope that these children will have good care.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

‘If It Could Happen to Them, Why Can’t It Happen to Us?’

Message 8 of 8

My 7-year-old understood the danger of the Trump administration better than I did.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/19/opinion/children-border-separated-foster-care-trauma.html?rref=co...

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors