Rethink your job search with the AARP job board. Find opportunities for experienced workers today.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: If Donald Trump wants civility,

Message 21 of 51

@Snoopy48 wrote:

No, the topic is about lack of civility. 

My reply was about your ridiculous claim that he is only a ‘counter-puncher’. Two examples of him NOT being a ‘counter-puncher’ - his name calling of Maxine Waters and his name calling of Elizabeth Warren. Both voiced disagreement with his actions and he took the attacks personal.

The discussion went towards the word "attack". I quite accurately pointed out that he is not an "attacker" but a "counter puncher". Granted neither can be called "being civil" but there is a big difference when you start to assess responsibility.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 51

@Soosie wrote:

@why is it only the Democrats that have to practice 'civility'? We don't have to look into the past to see the lack of 'civility' shown by the current President and his supporters which is either ignored or supported by the same ones who are decrying the lack of 'civility' in political discourse. @Snoopy, I think the answer to this one is you put your big boy pants on and fit into them or you continue to act like a group of kids up at the red lot learning some new swear words. The old, "Well, he is doing it, and we will too is getting no one, and I repeat, no one anywhere. This is not a "My dad can beat your dad up event. It is our future. Smart thing to do is do something useful.

"something useful" is to stand up against the actions of this idiot-in-chief. Millions of Americans are doing so and they will show up at the polls in November.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 51

@Soosie wrote:
Ok - shouldn't the model of the kind of "civility" extended to Obama and return it in kind be the model for "civility" extended to trump and his followers and supporters?

@alferd...............What is it you want from anyone who did not treat Obama as you think should have happened? Do you plan to live in the past forever? I hope there comes a time that some people who are angry can begin to look forward. Until then, maybe OUR country can only look in the rear view mirror. I find it such a waste of potential success.

Did you "find it such a waste of potential success" when people were posting and displaying all of the garbage about Obama?

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 51

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

Why would anyone say “IF he starts an attack” when there are multiple examples of Trump attacking without any provocation other than someone disagreeing with him? Do you really think that name-calling and encouraging violence against those who disagree with him are proper actions for the President of this country?

When are you going to hold Trump to the same standards that you demand from those who don’t bow down to him?

Care to list those "numerous examples"?

I won't waste my time since you will not accept anything negative about your hero.

If you are unwilling to state your "numerous examples" why do you claim them? BTW - this is not about any "hero", it is about your claim of "numerous examples".

No, the topic is about lack of civility. 

My reply was about your ridiculous claim that he is only a ‘counter-puncher’. Two examples of him NOT being a ‘counter-puncher’ - his name calling of Maxine Waters and his name calling of Elizabeth Warren. Both voiced disagreement with his actions and he took the attacks personal.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 51

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

What we have is a President who is a classic schoolyard bully. A tough talker as long as someone else does the work.

When he starts the attack that is NOT a counter-attack.

Not "when" - "if". Were you to honestly look at his attacks you would see that he was counter-punching.

Trump supporters are no more capable of being honest - or recognizing honesty - than liar trump has ever been capable of not committing adultery multiple times...

44>45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 51

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

Why would anyone say “IF he starts an attack” when there are multiple examples of Trump attacking without any provocation other than someone disagreeing with him? Do you really think that name-calling and encouraging violence against those who disagree with him are proper actions for the President of this country?

When are you going to hold Trump to the same standards that you demand from those who don’t bow down to him?

I won't waste my time since you will not accept anything negative about your hero.

If you are unwilling to state your "numerous examples" why do you claim them? BTW - this is not about any "hero", it is about your claim of "numerous examples".

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 51

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 51

Well  Put!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 51

@mandm84 wrote:

Sure 9152 , a " counter puncher " with lies. Go ahead and tell your grandchildren that lies are ok and see how that works out for them.

The issue is "attack" vs "counter-punch". Are you agreeing with my position? If not - any examples??

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 51

@Snoopy48 wrote:

Kudos
Views